Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Interesting, but...
a) O-16? THAT is gonna be confusing...
b) Have to see the deck. I friggin HATE the Odis deck.

16002758_1827632380894131_6379130008858094262_n.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might like it, depending on the air flow/draw. I like a tight, MTL draw and most of the attyes/tanks that profess DL & MTL capabilities get too hot when the air flow is closed way down for the type of draw I like. I would like to try the Chalice III, but it is a bit more than I'd like to pay for a new one and clones are extinct.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I might like it, depending on the air flow/draw. I like a tight, MTL draw and most of the attyes/tanks that profess DL & MTL capabilities get too hot when the air flow is closed way down for the type of draw I like. I would like to try the Chalice III, but it is a bit more than I'd like to pay for a new one and clones are extinct.

Really Reomizer 2 might be a good bet for you. Very tight draw, very flavorful. The rumor is they will no longer be available once Rob runs out of the current stock on the REO site.

In this current squonk climate $40-$50 might seem a lot for a single coil atty, but they are almost on par with the Chalice III.

Also, the Chalice III clones are/were serious crap flavor-wise compared to the authentics

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I think that's over his non-existent budget. Lol

Sometimes I envy those with only one passion life, and only one destination when they awake. But then again I look back at all the things I've done and seen and yeah, it sucks to put all your eggs in one basket. Don't buy the hype and exorbitant price tags Cromwell, the clones work just as well and leaves you with funds to expand your life...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes I envy those with only one passion life, and only one destination when they awake. But then again I look back at all the things I've done and seen and yeah, it sucks to put all your eggs in one basket. Don't buy the hype and exorbitant price tags Cromwell, the clones work just as well and leaves you with funds to expand your life...
Only clone that has given me any issues is the 99-bf atty.
Think I may have those issues worked out though and will coil and wick it this evening.

The main reason I switched to vaping was to save money.
Well that and the wife unit got me a cigalike kit to try and get me off of cigs.

And I just cannot see a 1-1 clone giving any less flavor than an authentic.

and my mods?
I have about 20 mods and have less total invested in them all than many artisan grade mods sell for.
Have picked them up on clearance and sales mostly.

My $18 Kbox mini mod serves me just as well as a $500 or so Zero or the like.
And if I lose or break it I do not cry.

I am the same with Cars, clothes, etc.
If it works well I am happy.
It does not have to be Levi's or Lexus.

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Train , was that you on the FT forums telling Jenny to get busy and start selling accessories for the Origen Little? Just curious and if it was you, thank you...if not, well, thank you anyways:vino:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All things being equal (not considering the price) and favoring a tight MTL draw, which rda would you get: RM2 or Chalice III ?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
All things being equal (not considering the price) and favoring a tight MTL draw, which rda would you get: RM2 or Chalice III ?

RM2 - just for price. Chalice is great, but RM2 will do the same job for much less

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've never had a Chalice, but like the RM2 enough to own 4.
I did, however, drill the air holes out to 1/16th". I expect this option was designed into the device as it's a very tight draw that is easily relieved for an airier MTL.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That doesn't look like a MTL type rda!

I imagine it could prolly be closed down a good bit, but prolly not to a ultra tight MTL. The deck is very simple & versatile tho. I've been longing for a deck like this for a while now. Should be a simple pin swap, too.
97f32ba1dcd4216ea3d6158ddd0693c1.jpg
fde1732e0385465b3bcb76ceed5e0699.jpg

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Traded a mod for a hadaly and some coin.

I could back read. But any opinions on this RDA appreciated. I always take in more once I own one

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I could back read. But any opinions on this RDA appreciated. I always take in more once I own one

I did notice you gave up your VR. Did the 26650 battery play into that decision? I can think of no other reason.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

my hadaly clone has been a great lil atty for 10$,also my tmod 26650 has been flawless with the green and purple efest batts.i dont do the zipper coils and all that stuff so maybe thats why im good with my 26650 mod.i can run almost all thye 15ml bottle out on my 26650 batt with a .30 er a lil higher coil..nomore then .40,i like the hot coil more then the .75 or even a .50 coil.the dually is kicking ass for sure with the goon clone...wow i like it and havent missed my stumpy...a whole lot anyways...specially with the price difference!16$ verses 127$..ill take the goon clone...sorry,but poorer folk like me cant afford them prices anymore.SSDI dont go to far...but i have kept my tv/net access..kills me at 140 a month but its my only entertainment at home.hope everyones havin a great new year so far.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had to order more 2.5 squonk pins from FDV. Ran out and have another Tsunami 22 to do.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks JL, that was it! I found the v2.1 for $55, but is that a MTL type rda?

You can choke them down pretty well. I only MTL with mine.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thinking of buying one of these. Premade clapton is always wire types that I react to. Very little nichrome love for exotic builds.

wow i was scepticle at first but man that looks like a cool deal.thumbs up on the review anyways.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have any misfire problems with their Coppervape BF mods? Mine is drive me absolutely insane. Unscrew the battery contact, it fires for a couple of toots then I have to screw or back in. Sometimes I can press the tip cap of the mod to one side and it will fire. Heeeeeelp.

(Already tried searching the interwebs for answers. No dice.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
OK, Time for the rubber to hit the road.

So to speak.

As I stated in another thread, squonkers have finally started to get my attention.

The Kanger Drip Box 160 kit had my attention until I realize how freaking big it was.

Like most of us here, I have tried RBAs. Great flavor and vapor production.

I could care less about clouds, I am here for the flavor!

But, IMHO, RBA's for me are a complete PITA. I want something I can fill and go out into the world with and not have to take the topper apart and fiddle with it.

But I am not so lazy that I can't give a little plastic bottle a "Squeeze" from time to time.

Let's start with the Kanger Dripbox. Mod, bottom fed RDA for $36 Plus $&H.

Price point is A-OK with me.

After thinking this over, I would be happy with a single battery (18650) device that fits in my shirt pocket.

Non Negotiable.

The mod that I am using at the moment goes up to 60 watt's but with my single coil build on my Merlin, I rarely go over 30 watts.

Not at all interested in TC mods. I am a wattage guy and proud of it!

Also, don't give a fig about internal charging. But it the device comes with it in that price range, not an issue.

Also got a 50 year supply of Kanthal as my coils tend to last about 90 days.

That being said, my fellow brothers and sisters of the Vaping Underground Peanut Gallery, what would you suggest?

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK, Time for the rubber to hit the road.

So to speak.

As I stated in another thread, squonkers have finally started to get my attention.

The Kanger Drip Box 160 kit had my attention until I realize how freaking big it was.

Like most of us here, I have tried RBAs. Great flavor and vapor production.

I could care less about clouds, I am here for the flavor!

But, IMHO, RBA's for me are a complete PITA. I want something I can fill and go out into the world with and not have to take the topper apart and fiddle with it.

But I am not so lazy that I can't give a little plastic bottle a "Squeeze" from time to time.

Let's start with the Kanger Dripbox. Mod, bottom fed RDA for $36 Plus $&H.

Price point is A-OK with me.

After thinking this over, I would be happy with a single battery (18650) device that fits in my shirt pocket.

Non Negotiable.

The mod that I am using at the moment goes up to 60 watt's but with my single coil build on my Merlin, I rarely go over 30 watts.

Not at all interested in TC mods. I am a wattage guy and proud of it!

Also, don't give a fig about internal charging. But it the device comes with it in that price range, not an issue.

Also got a 50 year supply of Kanthal as my coils tend to last about 90 days.

That being said, my fellow brothers and sisters of the Vaping Underground Peanut Gallery, what would you suggest?

I would highly recommend the original Dripbox. The atty that comes with it is pretty shitty tho

VU Sponsors