Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Too many companies have poor customer service. I love the Wake mod and tank BUT if you have an issue with their products good luck getting a response. Also had an issue with sun box game over. Took forever to get a response. This is becoming rather commonplace. Too bad. There are companies that are very fast to fix issues and these other companies make us hesitate to purchase the more expensive high end gear. More and more I'm buying the mass produced squonks.

So here in Toronto people are cutting up Spruzzas. They are removing the tank, cutting a squonk hole with a dremel in the front plate and then using cappy bottles or dee bottles etc. Makes a fantastic regulated squonk that way. I can get Spruzzas all over on sale now. One shop has them on clear out for only 80 Can. Modifying takes an hour.
Yeah not all mass produced boxes have good CS though. I emailed about the rsq on day 1 and never got a response back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still trying but like today he's online but he's not answering me. Even told him I was getting really irritated with the whole situation.

Yea i just looke at fb pm and iv sent him messages month ago and it still shows unread looks like he avoids certain people and my pm was legit askin a shipping question lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yea i just looke at fb pm and iv sent him messages month ago and it still shows unread looks like he avoids certain people and my pm was legit askin a shipping question lol

The day you asked me to vouch for you he answered me back very quickly.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never had issue with him answering a pm I've sent.

Normally gets back to me fairly quick. Longest response was 14hrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
7086088e-5a05-4971-9417-15ef9282438d.gif

LOL

Thanks for posting about the Chain Link wire. Tried it and not sure it come out as yours did but it's okay because man that's some gnarly wire rope. :) I think I know why mine turned out differently. I used a long piece of 28 awg, twisted it counterclockwise on itself. Then, I repeated with another long piece, then, put the two together and twisted them clockwise.

1. Twist say 3 FT of 28 awg on itself counterclockwise.
2. Repeat for another piece.
3. Put these two together and then twist them clockwise on one another.

I misread your instructions a bit, or figured doing something different. What I have is roughly 4 strands of 28/30 awg which is fused by twisting. You got to that too but did it another way. You folded over your say 3 FT strand, then, twisted it clockwise/counter opposite of you twisted first.

That is what I think made mine come out different, I used two strands of two strand 28/30 awg and wrapped them by twisting and fused them ultimately. It's the same basic process but somewhere I got this odd notion of two separate strands already turned/twisted, instead of folding it back on itself.

I'm pleased with the outcome. It looks like tough ass steel cable line, only in miniature. :) Both turned out twisted and fused down to look about the same thickness of a single 28 awg strand, yet are more sturdy.

Wrapped coils from them, will see how they do .... 3-6-9 months from now. *chuckles*

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Received an OG Dead Rabbit (dual coil version) over a month ago. By the time it got to me from China had lost interest in the concept of dual coil squonk atty.

Was feeling ambitious this early afternoon and gave it a boil and threw in a couple 3mm clapton coils. Pretty easy to build on and wicked it up.

It's got big air, big clouds, and big flavour. Been on a menthol kick the last little while and the menthol is freezing cold in the Dead Rabbit.

On a DNA 75C at 450F at 50w at 0.30 ohms. Battery life is going to suffer, can see it sucking it down.

While it's not going to be my all day every day vape, it's a fun atty to chuck some clouds with really good flavour. Oh and virtually impossible to over squonk. Think it might become my "in the car" atty, house was in complete fog earlier and wife wasn't too impressed. :giggle:

For $20 I can't complain.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Received an OG Dead Rabbit (dual coil version) over a month ago. By the time it got to me from China had lost interest in the concept of dual coil squonk atty.

Was feeling ambitious this early afternoon and gave it a boil and threw in a couple 3mm clapton coils. Pretty easy to build on and wicked it up.

It's got big air, big clouds, and big flavour. Been on a menthol kick the last little while and the menthol is freezing cold in the Dead Rabbit.

On a DNA 75C at 450F at 50w at 0.30 ohms. Battery life is going to suffer, can see it sucking it down.

While it's not going to be my all day every day vape, it's a fun atty to chuck some clouds with really good flavour. Oh and virtually impossible to over squonk. Think it might become my "in the car" atty, house was in complete fog earlier and wife wasn't too impressed. :giggle:

Love the dead rabbit - I pick it up over RDAs that are tripple the cost.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Love the dead rabbit - I pick it up over RDAs that are tripple the cost.
I like my DR 24 (clone) with single and dual coil builds both. The DR SQ(22) gives a good vape as well.

km00

Member For 4 Years
My FT order might have, the 3F one..... And I just ordered a couple of Arctic Dolphin bottles (v1 not v2) but those suckers will get here sometime before Christmas. Those bottles are supposed to fit on the Pico squeeze.
Do keep us posted on if they do or don't! That would be a nice change

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NeverNormalz.com just opened there online store for caps and he has black delrin red and glow caps for the wasp nano check out the site theres some stuff but not full yet
9c94a3bfaef5e38dcdcd150585795f19.jpg

When u go to site click on products and it shows all the caps the main page only shows a couple

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
NeverNormalz.com just opened there online store for caps and he has black delrin red and glow caps for the wasp nano check out the site theres some stuff but not full yet

Can you post a link? Sorry, I can't seem to get it to come up on a regular search - probably user error on my part :D

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Haku would look good with that pee cap but there's no way to add it to the cart. I guess I'll wait a day or so...and then they'll be sold out:confused:

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could try vaping without the cap.....it saves the caps, but it's a pain on the lips....literally.
Think that's called "kissing the dragon"... Ha ha... Taking the cap off to drip and hitting it before replacing the cap. Nothing us bonkers would know about...

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ordered Narda slam ultem. Also if y'all didn't know there's a 15% of coupon "nevernormal15"
Edit: Saw DF already hipped y'all to that code...

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys. I have silicone bottles that have turned yellow from use. I used water and soap to some it but it’s still stained. Was wondering if there is way to get rid of the yellow stain. Thanks!

This really requires a song...Cheers!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL

Thanks for posting about the Chain Link wire. Tried it and not sure it come out as yours did but it's okay because man that's some gnarly wire rope. :) I think I know why mine turned out differently. I used a long piece of 28 awg, twisted it counterclockwise on itself. Then, I repeated with another long piece, then, put the two together and twisted them clockwise.

1. Twist say 3 FT of 28 awg on itself counterclockwise.
2. Repeat for another piece.
3. Put these two together and then twist them clockwise on one another.

I misread your instructions a bit, or figured doing something different. What I have is roughly 4 strands of 28/30 awg which is fused by twisting. You got to that too but did it another way. You folded over your say 3 FT strand, then, twisted it clockwise/counter opposite of you twisted first.

That is what I think made mine come out different, I used two strands of two strand 28/30 awg and wrapped them by twisting and fused them ultimately. It's the same basic process but somewhere I got this odd notion of two separate strands already turned/twisted, instead of folding it back on itself.

I'm pleased with the outcome. It looks like tough ass steel cable line, only in miniature. :) Both turned out twisted and fused down to look about the same thickness of a single 28 awg strand, yet are more sturdy.

Wrapped coils from them, will see how they do .... 3-6-9 months from now. *chuckles*
I normally just buy it in prebuilt coils.

https://www.vapehappy.com/products/pre-built-performance-coil-7-in-1-kit-by-coilology

Or buy the pre-wrapped wire & have my wife wrap the coils for me.

https://www.vapordna.com/Coilology-Prebuilt-Wire-Spool-10-Feet-p/coilws.htm

COILWS-4975.jpg

However if you really want to make your own.Here's a video that might help below.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi Bonkz
A friendly word of caution:
Steer clear of BilletBox world (!)
I am so deep in the BB rabbit hole I don't know which end is up. We think squonkers are bonkers, Billetboxers have us beat by miles!!
Suuuuper fun. but oooof.
Of course I will always love my squonks, but these Billets are mf'n bad ass. First set up I've ever been able to pop in my back pocket like a wallet and don't think twice about anything going skrewy. Even when I sit down!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the way it works, you have to wind the two wires (precursors of the final ) pretty tight before you unwind them together.
You don't unwind them.
Watch the video again dude.

EDIT :
Super Simple
Tightly twist 2 Ni80 wires together clockwise
Then do that again so have a pair of twisted wires.
Then simply tightly twist the pair together going Widdershins...Done!

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the way it works, you have to wind the two wires (precursors of the final ) pretty tight before you unwind them together.

Yup twist 2 sets same direction where let's say a 12" shrinks to about 9" then twist those 2 sets opposite direction to the desired look of a chain link.

Totally doable by hand, but pass on doing it by hand.

VU Sponsors