Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

tmaxxking2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Looks like I will have a nice DIY Swtchfet squonker to build soon .. someone finally added me to a group I actually like without asking me lol

I borrowed the pics from the group
Shapeways prints the body all of the other parts can be found on Modmaker

Attachments

• Switchfet.jpg
    Switchfet.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 36
  • switchfet 2.jpg
    switchfet 2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 37

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
8 wraps 3mm, slightly spaced 24g SS for 0.4 ohms.

I know there's room in a Gorge for fancy builds - they just don't work for me.
This is enough surface area to vaporize a bunch of liquid, but low enough mass for insta-warm, just how I like it.
Thanks Train. You use it on a mech?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like I will have a nice DIY Swtchfet squonker to build soon .. someone finally added me to a group I actually like without asking me lol

Did you have to get in the group to get the idea or? Because you can order directly from shapeways if you didn't know. Probably cheaper direct than from any group. Just wondering

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just arrived ,
Fits the golisis s35 cells
2 x bottles Delrin bottle caps
The only regulated mod i have since selling VTinbox
7bbfad215f9ef2dda26adeda99530d0e.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
@benley73

That looks great!

Pardon my ignorance, but can you please share what this one is called, who makes it, and/or a link?

Thanks! :)

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Dumb as it is, that's almost attractive - I could see $30 for that ;-)

tmaxxking2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Did you have to get in the group to get the idea or? Because you can order directly from shapeways if you didn't know. Probably cheaper direct than from any group. Just wondering

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

In the group main body is under $30.00 Cloud Laboratory is the name of the group

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah. I been awaiting a review on the Marvec's - the squonk and AIO. At the worst, they are the basis for a nice hack.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Looks nice what the damage on these , price wise ? If your having to buy all parts, and build your self.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not benley73, I'm pretty sure that's a Priest DNA 75C. Saw them at FT.
It is Marvec Priest BF ,
there are 3 types of them seems most likely f there mods are called Priest mods,
1/a unregulated , 32USD
2/Dna 75 -95usd
3/ Dna 75c- 100 USD,

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah. I been awaiting a review on the Marvec's - the squonk and AIO. At the worst, they are the basis for a nice hack.
The AIO looks to fit baby beast coils an the RBAs ,of similar sizes,
the Arkden latest tank with single coil RBA base fits in baby beast ,
so might fit in AIO ,
an the other Sub ohm tank they make fits same sized coils too,
They do a DNA 75 stab mods but looks a bit too blinged an mod tubes eith stabwood an replaceable cells , like the Ijust S mods

Just search Marvec on Fasttech, the kong mech looks to have a broadside type switch,

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So finally changed out my copper contacts on the ole Mölly. .999 silver added...

b99d2741a5382fee9fd0479cb38c33cb.jpg
7ab431252bd512db85e7c08bddfb7525.jpg
6e3f8eb6866a3383a66de592495ae035.jpg
cb33b7a485de837b1928fd9b01981a3e.jpg
371323218bfc3d8c2d84cd2e8b813078.jpg
ca7fe9df5a3b9461d538e752cea6e6da.jpg

At least I don't have to clean her as much any more

Also got my Nick Ricotta Black Ultem Haku cap in...

065a1eb8d1a079da714d6cd2f752f7c0.jpg

Bought it after I asked him if the finish would be close to carbon nylon in looks. Have to say it's very similar.

Edit: Uggh had to fix that contact bend...didn't see it til the pictures

b8ece0eb62884df63df2bc0d5a0feeb9.jpg

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@benley73 Well, their AIO looked like a neutered Billet-Box clone, so I figurethe tanks are the same as well as RBA and such.

Their BF looked interesting, until I got to logos and other horseshit.. BUT, the pricerange is right for "by golly, I can whack this and..."

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Roughly 80.00 fully loaded bottle and all including shipping
Im in UK I have all the mod maker parts already as well as a spare switchfet ,
Have you a link to where they sell the mod body an name of it had a look fb cloud labatory an could only find what looks to be a juice shop an some vape juices ?

Last edited:

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@benley73 Well, their AIO looked like a neutered Billet-Box clone, so I figurethe tanks are the same as well as RBA and such.

Their BF looked interesting, until I got to logos and other horseshit.. BUT, the pricerange is right for "by golly, I can whack this and..."
Be easy enough to remove the Chinglish woks of wisdom from the sides , .it is a direct rip off of a higher end 450euro mod ,
But offers larger newer cell types than just 18650

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will never understand the folks - the yahoo's - demanding logo and "art" on cheap mods. Seriously: good designs are simply timeless - Lost Vape is probably a good example of "art".. Just damned well-made and attractive. Etchings are like tattoo's - go out and pay extra, dammit.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it really China Ripping off Art and Mod, or Art and Mod ripping the consumers off ;) lol :sarcasm:

View attachment 108964
Must admit the wood ones look stunning, but too pricey for me, No point in owning a mod id be to worried of marking or scratching just for thing of owning it,
Got practical as got older , things are bought to be used not ornaments,
fb4e3984e00238ce7d2b1f34c1879d51.jpg

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would wood is gorgeous - but, yeah: give us a frame and we can manage the rest,

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just watched the latest edition of the Dean and Todd show.
Great comedy duo.
And they know a bit about vaping too.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would is gorgeous - but, yeah: give us a frame and we can manage the rest,
Use the Marvec frame an save a load of pennies ,
If have a drill press to get the bottle an cell holes done its half way there

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah UK shipping from ModMaker some sites in the US carry some of the parts I have yet to find anyone in the US with everything and of course to make the 9.99 GBP worth spending I always end up with extra stuff in the cart
Broscience has the 510,switchfet, and battery tubes in stock,it doesn't look like they carry the wire,but it can be ordered a bunch of places.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the group main body is under $30.00 Cloud Laboratory is the name of the group
Thanks for posting about this,i had never heard of them or seen that mod.I joined the group,and will definitely be ordering the body and parts,it's a very cool looking mod.It would be really cool though if they had someone who could do the body in delrin.

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just arrived ,
Fits the golisis s35 cells
2 x bottles Delrin bottle caps
The only regulated mod i have since selling VTinbox
7bbfad215f9ef2dda26adeda99530d0e.jpg

Even though it's pretty wide, got my eye on this one. Please let us know what you think of it.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It sure looks nice, kinda in between Pico and Luna. Top fire button, not something I like so I think I'll stick with Pico for now!
I got to fondle one. It's far heavier than the Pico or Luna... Maybe heavier than both combined. Solid feeling. I, personally, like a bit of weight to my mods...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got to fondle one. It's far heavier than the Pico or Luna... Maybe heavier than both combined. Solid feeling. I, personally, like a bit of weight to my mods...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
I agree with you there, it does look solid.....but that damn top fire along with the proprietary bottle.....

VU Sponsors