Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was in an In-Out a couple days ago, the guy cutting the fries looked like an animal.....must have made a career out of being the fry-guy.
Some days the simplicity of just doing fries sounds good to me lol. I then think about being in a customer service role and that idea is down the drain!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You are most welcome :giggle:

Lmao!!!

*chuckles* --- "Oh yeah, that so?"

Friday_That_So.jpeg

Had been looking at the Phoenix rda for a while. Hadn't gotten around to getting
one. Had a little left over stipend windfall and thought I might as well. It does look
to be an rda that fares well. I'll see. :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What is animal style fries? I've only tried in n out Burger once when I was in Vegas.

Animal style fries is with the same sauce they use in the burgers with cheese and caramelized onions

af9afbde6a8964613ea4d36959409342.png

Sent from my iPhone 14X using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A few posts (or pages) back in this thread there was talk about the Ijoy SRDA, which has a pre-built deck with coils permanently installed, and you screw that into the base. You only have to re-wick it when the cotton goes bad, and you can buy the decks individually when the coils eventually go bad (months), and IIRC it has an 810 drip tip, but you can get an 810-to-510 drip tip adapter for a few dollars if it does not come with one, and then put any 510 drip tip on it.

I think that is likely the only way to squonk without actually building or installing coils.

Otherwise you can buy pre-wrapped coils from places like Lightning Vapes, Advanced Vape Supply, Pure Coils, and then you have to install and tweak them into the RDA, and cut the leads, and also wick/re-wick them.

So maybe look at the Ijoy SRDA and see if that will work:
https://www.ijoycig.com/product/IJOY_COMBO_SRDA.html

Also, you should watch some YT videos on how it works, like from Daniel DJLSB and Tony B from 'The Vapor Trail Channel' to get an idea of what it will take to keep using this atomizer.

DISCLAIMER: I've never used one of these and build my own coils, so I cannot speak from experience, but I thought this item would be really for a niche market like for people with motor-skill problems etc..

EDIT: Also, AVOID getting the Ijoy CAPO kit that comes with the 100W squonk mod, since it only gets to 100W if you will build your own coils (around 0.17 Ohm) and only has a circuit to BUCK the voltage from the battery and not BOOST the voltage, so it works as a protected mech mod, similar to the Pico Squeeze or Luxotic BF, and since he is going to be limited to the coil decks offered by iJoy, and whatever resistance they come out to, there really is no comtrol of the output on that Ijoy CAPO 100W squonk mod.

You can do a lot better with a fully regulated squonker like the RSQ, Hcigar VT Inbox v3, or Pulse 80w, and also the new Pico Squeeze 2, where they will in fact allow you to boost the battery voltage..
I have the iJoy Combo, and I started the discussion by mentioning it. I made my own coils for it. Yet, my hubby bitches about the harsh hit.

Is the Aspire Revvo any good?

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for linking those. I had no idea such a thing existed. I guess there is a well surrounding the coil's wicking holes, and then juice is pumped into that area? Otherwise how to you prevent dry hits?

Seems like that design would not work very well. :sad:
I have no idea how they work - I had been crusing for something else entirely and those caught my eye - and dragged it 15 feet.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a fan of Arkons, so I feel it's overpriced.

Look at it this way...what other mods are you wanting that is around the same price and RSA?

Me, I'd buy another Venna RSA, pico squeeze, silly-cone bottles, 4 batteries, and still have enough for a #1 Double Double with Animal Style fries and a coke from In-n-Out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info.... I have not heard of the arkon much anyway...just know they are normally a couple hundred bucks.

I've never used an entheon....are they as good as everyone says? For single cool atties, I've used a dead rabbit sq, pulse 22, and recurve.... in the MTL world I have used the berserker and the galaxies. I know i want to get something nice to put on my Theron bf.... but around here there just isn't much available.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am trying to find some information for my husband. He does not like DIY coils at all. He is trying to find a squonker atty that uses factory coils. Even more, he wants one that he can put a 510 tip on.
Is there any such thing? If so, please steer me in the direction to where I can compare what is available.

why would there be

the only reason squonkers exist, is so we can use RDA without dripping

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the iJoy Combo, and I started the discussion by mentioning it. I made my own coils for it. Yet, my hubby bitches about the harsh hit.

Is the Aspire Revvo any good?
Hi! I just got a revvo for review. In all honesty it works pretty dang good. I don't really know why he wants a squonk without being a builder? He can get a good vape from a small tank like a falcon or fireluke mesh and have something just as compact as a revvo. Only perk is the extra liquid capacity

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
why would there be
the only reason squonkers exist, is so we can use RDA without dripping
Some of us never really used RDAs as they were originally intended. We switched from tanks to squonking after concluding that the latter was better than the former a variety of reasons, among them:
  • Not having your juice supply in incessant contact with a hot vaporization chamber.
  • Not being dependent on a slew of o-rings to maintain the seal in a tank that keeps it from flooding.
  • Much less sensitivity to pressure/altitude and temperature changes than a tank.
  • The ready access to your build and general ease of maintenance of a BF RDA compared to a tank.
  • The shorter form-factor compared to most any conventional mod with a tank.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some of us never really used RDAs as they were originally intended. We switched from tanks to squonking after concluding that the latter was better than the former a variety of reasons, among them:
  • Not having your juice supply in incessant contact with a hot vaporization chamber.
  • Not being dependent on a slew of o-rings to maintain the seal in a tank that keeps it from flooding.
  • Much less sensitivity to pressure/altitude and temperature changes than a tank.
  • The ready access to your build and general ease of maintenance of a BF RDA compared to a tank.
I can't work out if you are agreeing with me, or not.

But hi Ross

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There are many reasons I like my squonker, and there are reasons I like a normal RDA. My husband is a bit fickle when it comes to his tastes. Remember that he likes using an Innokin clearomizer. I ditched those about a year and a half ago, giving what I had left to him and to my mother. He wants something that hits about as lamely as the clearomizer, but on a squonker.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are many reasons I like my squonker, and there are reasons I like a normal RDA. My husband is a bit fickle when it comes to his tastes. Remember that he likes using an Innokin clearomizer. I ditched those about a year and a half ago, giving what I had left to him and to my mother. He wants something that hits about as lamely as the clearomizer, but on a squonker.
I think you can do MTL squonking with a berserker rda. Probably the closest to a clearomizer he'll get. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to move up in the world.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why does he need to squonk then if he is perfectly happy with the Innokin clearomizer?
He wants a fresher flavor than the clearomizer can offer, with the benefit of a capacity higher than 1.6ml. I even gave him a 3ml clearomizer, but he is afraid of it breaking at work.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't even know that was a thing. I'll definitely try that next time I'm near one.

Looks like big Mac sauce . Which is pretty close to thousand island dressing.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He wants a fresher flavor than the clearomizer can offer, with the benefit of a capacity higher than 1.6ml. I even gave him a 3ml clearomizer, but he is afraid of it breaking at work.
Sounds like he is only willing to have one device. Buy 5 3ml clearomizer so if one breaks he has 4 backups

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Surely the easiest way to solve this is to buy him a decent MTL rda, either an authentic Galaxy or Berserker or one of the many clones of something more expensive .

Then... You build him a coil once every three weeks and simply show him how to wick it with fresh cotton every couple of days.

I bought my parents a Pico Squeeze each and 5 Hadaly clones which I dryburn and rewick every couple of weeks, when I visit them. This system works great and saves them buying disposable coils which they would always forget to do and end up smoking again :)

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Surely the easiest way to solve this is to buy him a decent MTL rda, either an authentic Galaxy or Berserker or one of the many clones of something more expensive .

Then... You build him a coil once every three weeks and simply show him how to wick it with fresh cotton every couple of days.

I bought my parents a Pico Squeeze each and 5 Hadaly clones which I dryburn and rewick every couple of weeks, when I visit them. This system works great and saves them buying disposable coils which they would always forget to do and end up smoking again :)

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
I really wish it were that simple. I even wrapped a coil so tight that is looks like a tightly wound spring wrappd 12 times, and has .5 ohms of resistance, with cotton that was tricky to pack into it on a wasp nano. He thinks that hits too hard. He flipped me the bird when I called him a wimp. I usually use coils with about .2 ohms of resistance, and those hit a lot harder.
I had him try my iJoy Combo. By the time he turned the wattage up to where he could get a decent puff, he complained it was too harsh.
I usually use apricot flavored juice from Vape Mall, whereas he buys Pina Colada from Caterpillar Vapes, with the same nicotine strength. I won't put his Pina colada in my atties, since I have to clean them very well afterward. Otherwise, it makes my juice taste terrible.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Animal style fries is with the same sauce they use in the burgers with cheese and caramelized onions

af9afbde6a8964613ea4d36959409342.png

Sent from my iPhone 14X using Tapatalk
You gotta tell the people he this is an off-the -menu type thing and you gotta know to order it otherwise they'll spend half an hour looking for it on the menu!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Key words there, now just you wait a few more years.....

LOL...

I tease the wife a lot when she is talking to me...

Wife: "Honey, where is...?"

Me: What?

Wife: Where is the...?

Me: what? I can't hear you.

Wife: Oh never mind you're deaf

Me: *laughing inside, I didn't want to get it anyway!

or

Wife: Where are my glasses?

Me: Is it up your ass?

LOL

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really wish it were that simple. I even wrapped a coil so tight that is looks like a tightly wound spring wrappd 12 times, and has .5 ohms of resistance, with cotton that was tricky to pack into it on a wasp nano. He thinks that hits too hard. He flipped me the bird when I called him a wimp. I usually use coils with about .2 ohms of resistance, and those hit a lot harder.
I had him try my iJoy Combo. By the time he turned the wattage up to where he could get a decent puff, he complained it was too harsh.
I usually use apricot flavored juice from Vape Mall, whereas he buys Pina Colada from Caterpillar Vapes, with the same nicotine strength. I won't put his Pina colada in my atties, since I have to clean them very well afterward. Otherwise, it makes my juice taste terrible.
Forget squonking for him. It's just too fiddly to keep someone from smoking. Get him a Nautilus Mini and a small single 18650 mod. I'm willing to bet that will do it for him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you can do MTL squonking with a berserker rda. Probably the closest to a clearomizer he'll get. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to move up in the world.

Have the Berserker MTL rda and the Galaxies MTL rda.....naaahhhh, the Cyclone v1 still rules.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.vapinart.com/cart/NoCode-Lazy-P2475.aspx
http://www.vapinart.com/cart/NoCode-Tired-P2301.aspx
@Lady Sarah , these are two MTL squonk atties that use ready made coils. The first one is 18 mm diameter ans uses eGo One coils, the second is 14 mm diameter and uses Aspire BVC coils.
Wow I didn't even know they made something like that. I gave up looking for mtl stuff for my wife. Her penguin mod sits in her purse for while she's "driving." The kids ratted her out. Little snitches.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Never ate at in and out.
Is that name descriptive of what their burgers do to ya?
IIRC White Castle was the one famous for that, and a reason their burgers were known as 'sliders' here in NJ.

Post-college bar hopping and clubbing, often a choice put up by someone in the group, either to go to a diner for some bacon, egg, and cheese on a kaiser roll sandwiches and some gravy cheese fries and a chocolate shake, or a 12-pack of White Castle burgers (they are tiny, like 2"x2" square) and whatever else they added, in order to help fend off the expected morning hangover...

In NJ many White Castle locations were open until 2am or later...back in those days. I have not eaten White Castle in like 25 yrs, and will likely avoid it in the future unless there is no other choice at the time. Not that they are 'bad' per se, but there are much better options nowadays.

I too wish there was In-and-Out Burger here on the East Coast USA. A few years ago we got 'Smashburger' and 'Five Guys Burgers and Fries' showing up all around, but I never tried either.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IIRC White Castle was the one famous for that, and a reason their burgers were known as 'sliders' here in NJ.

Post-college bar hopping and clubbing, often a choice put up by someone in the group, either to go to a diner for some bacon, egg, and cheese on a kaiser roll sandwiches and some gravy cheese fries and a chocolate shake, or a 12-pack of White Castle burgers (they are tiny, like 2"x2" square) and whatever else they added, in order to help fend off the expected morning hangover...

In NJ many White Castle locations were open until 2am or later...back in those days. I have not eaten White Castle in like 25 yrs, and will likely avoid it in the future unless there is no other choice at the time. Not that they are 'bad' per se, but there are much better options nowadays.

I too wish there was In-and-Out Burger here on the East Coast USA. A few years ago we got 'Smashburger' and 'Five Guys Burgers and Fries' showing up all around, but I never tried either.
Five guys has the best fries ever. Never had a burger from them though. My wife buys White Castle by the case. I called her Kumar a while back. For those that know of Harold and Kumar.

VU Sponsors