Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let us know your first impressions when it gets there.I almost pulled the trigger on one last night since I have paypal locked and loaded.But I decided to wait for some real world feedback,as I've bought enough cheap squonks from China that were absolute crap.
Limelight gloom came today. The extra bottle that is supposed to go with it is too big. When you put the cap on the bottom it squishes the bottle. It also has an air release for refill bottle filling. But you can't get to that portion when it's in the mod so it's pointless to have that part. Seems ok. Screw in battery cover threads aren't the greatest. The fire button is pretty clicky. Fits great in hand. Not time to build or mess today but will update sometime tomorrow. Says limelight like the og

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
8315f2c3f5763ff445ed9fda850a4bee.jpg
a77fdaa77bfce68b8ffda1d0d670b127.jpg
a3bc6335c89d50c6b7d161ed7b5d66b9.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Limelight gloom came today. The extra bottle that is supposed to go with it is too big. When you put the cap on the bottom it squishes the bottle. It also has an air release for refill bottle filling. But you can't get to that portion when it's in the mod so it's pointless to have that part. Seems ok. Screw in battery cover threads aren't the greatest. The fire button is pretty clicky. Fits great in hand. Not time to build or mess today but will update sometime tomorrow. Says limelight like the og

So it's a mosfet then and not a mech. Cool!

Sent from the Death Star

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok,i've got an odd one.Anybody know why my Geekvape Athena mech would completely drain a battery overnight while not being used?Happened a few days ago,and i thought maybe the battery was old and went bad,so i swapped in a freshly charged battery,used it for a few minutes,then sat it on the shelf overnight,next day same thing,battery is completely dead.I've checked everything and don't see where anything is touching,wicks aren't burned,so it wasn't auto firing,but now i am stumped.I like that mod,but if it's going to ruin my batteries i won't use it again unless i can figure out where the drain is being caused.
Catfish had the same problem with mods he made, if I remember correctly it had something to do with the body of the mod at the negative contact and the mod material causing the batteries to drain. If your on ECF, contact Tom (Catfish Attys)...or PM me, I'll send you his email.

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Yer mine arrived today... Not quite sure what to think.

Construction wise it seems pretty decent and it does hit really hard.

However I'm really angry they sent the wrong bottle, I mean come on! Just look at it, obvious it won't fit what were they thinking, and to top it off the included bottle is a bad fit also even with a trimmed tube.

China astounds me sometimes this could have made someone ALOT of $$ if they just made a few small and cheap changes.

I knew when I saw the other colour options that there was a fool in charge.

It's white that is sprayed black the obvious choice would have been a Bliss based white version ... Instead we get silver and blue car paint applied by a 6 year old sweat shop employee!

Overall given the price it's not too bad and functions well I will wait until someone discovers a suitable bottle alternative before I start using mine though as even by trimming tube I can't get my included bottle to fit without bulging.

Also worth noting the battery tube is very tight and requires significant bashing to get battery out probably a simple fix.

I will contact 3f to complain about spare bottle issue not for a refund but out of principal.

A wasted opportunity in my eyes hopefully a better cloner can see the potential and do this properly SXK Gloomtem anyone

18d0458afa1fe5dc0005e661f566de25.jpg
7b93119135bb982d013cb97e048c350c.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Catfish had the same problem with mods he made, if I remember correctly it had something to do with the body of the mod at the negative contact and the mod material causing the batteries to drain. If your on ECF, contact Tom (Catfish Attys)...or PM me, I'll send you his email.
Thanks,that does make some sense,and i had not thought of it.The Athena has an aluminum body,and both contacts touch the body,so i could see where that could cause an issue.I'll try putting some electrical tape between the body and contacts and see if that helps.It's still weird though,as this didn't used to happen,it just recently started,maybe the plating wore off on a spot or something.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It looks like the tube might be bad. I might just need to replace it. I cut it a bit because it was too long and was almost kinking up. Still leaks so I don't know. VERY limited experience with squonking but every time I pull the panels off it's wet with juice. I thought it might be the seal on the bottle cap but I don't see where. As far as the builds it's the same as my single tube mechs but even my mechs don't drain like this. Especially the 20700's. Maybe I just got one of those proverbial "manufacturer defects"?
I had a couple pulses before and I'd bet this will fix your leaking issues.

1. Put an oring inside the top part of the cap.

2. Put an oring under the lip of the bottom part of the cap.

305e72c48d8e58162524849f4ed4926e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's white that is sprayed black the obvious choice would have been a Bliss based white version
I was pretty disappointed the other day when i first seen someone else say it was painted,but at the same time pretty much expected it would be.I agree,it would of made more sense to offer it in white too,those silver and blue versions are just ugly anyway painted or not.I'll be ordering one here soon,and figure once the black starts to wear or flake off,i'll sand it all off and leave it white.Hopefully they get the bottle issue figured out too.

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

Looking at it now there are really visible seams on top of the factory bottle.20180922_085336-1512x2016.jpg

czombie

Member For 1 Year
Yer mine arrived today... Not quite sure what to think.

Construction wise it seems pretty decent and it does hit really hard.

However I'm really angry they sent the wrong bottle, I mean come on! Just look at it, obvious it won't fit what were they thinking, and to top it off the included bottle is a bad fit also even with a trimmed tube.

China astounds me sometimes this could have made someone ALOT of $$ if they just made a few small and cheap changes.

I knew when I saw the other colour options that there was a fool in charge.

It's white that is sprayed black the obvious choice would have been a Bliss based white version ... Instead we get silver and blue car paint applied by a 6 year old sweat shop employee!

Overall given the price it's not too bad and functions well I will wait until someone discovers a suitable bottle alternative before I start using mine though as even by trimming tube I can't get my included bottle to fit without bulging.

Also worth noting the battery tube is very tight and requires significant bashing to get battery out probably a simple fix.

I will contact 3f to complain about spare bottle issue not for a refund but out of principal.

A wasted opportunity in my eyes hopefully a better cloner can see the potential and do this properly SXK Gloomtem anyone

18d0458afa1fe5dc0005e661f566de25.jpg
7b93119135bb982d013cb97e048c350c.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
So they can't even test fit the spare bottles first...ugghh. I bought one earlier this morning so maybe they have received enough emails to have supplied a proper fitting spare bottle (doubtful). Wanted to snag one as I'm intrigued by the form factor.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So they can't even test fit the spare bottles first...ugghh. I bought one earlier this morning so maybe they have received enough emails to have supplied a proper fitting spare bottle (doubtful). Wanted to snag one as I'm intrigued by the form factor.
I bought the gloom spare. Too tall and has a refill airhole that you can't get to because it's in the mod. The bottle was way too tight before I even put an attie on it. The included bottle is tight with an rda on it

czombie

Member For 1 Year
I bought the gloom spare. Too tall and has a refill airhole that you can't get to because it's in the mod. The bottle was way too tight before I even put an attie on it. The included bottle is tight with an rda on it

Wait...so the damn bottle that comes with the mod is tight too..?? and the spare you bought as backup doesn't fit at all..??

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait...so the damn bottle that comes with the mod is tight too..?? and the spare you bought as backup doesn't fit at all..??
Included bottle seems fine the spare I bought doesn't fit at all. Spare is too tall without the attie. Won't fit with attie on
5ecb8c47afd3a6258fdff48a89a8e64d.jpg

czombie

Member For 1 Year
Included bottle seems fine the spare I bought doesn't fit at all. Spare is too tall without the attie. Won't fit with attie on
5ecb8c47afd3a6258fdff48a89a8e64d.jpg

Ahhhh...I gotcha now. Damn that spare isn't even close to the right size.

Well I sent a support ticket to make sure I get a bottle that works properly with an RDA installed and that a few members here who purchased the spare squonk bottles don't even fit at all and that their rep for vaping underground should take care of said members, etc. Doubt anything will come of it, but it's worth a shot I guess.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhhh...I gotcha now. Damn that spare isn't even close to the right size.

Well I sent a support ticket to make sure I get a bottle that works properly with an RDA installed and that a few members here who purchased the spare squonk bottles don't even fit at all and that their rep for vaping underground should take care of said members, etc. Doubt anything will come of it, but it's worth a shot I guess.
Yeah it would be nice to be sent a working bottle. Reminds me of a therion bottle. Can't remember what mod came with the airflow bottle.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just FYI, I changed my coil for the first time since receiving the MF Bridge. Two days shy of six weeks on a single coil head is crazy! Flavor was still fine. I only changed it because it was starting to get gurgly and vapor production was pretty anemic.

Sent from the Death Star

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

I put an o-ring in the top part of the cap and so far dry as a bone. Good deal. Thanks a heap. :)

Now if I can figure out why my battery is draining so fast.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I put an o-ring in the top part of the cap and so far dry as a bone. Good deal. Thanks a heap. :)

Now if I can figure out why my battery is draining so fast.
Voltage drop on the mod is probably the issue

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.12 ohms. My tubes don't even drain my batteries like this thing.
There's a fix for the voltage drop on that mod. It involves pinching something in the switch lock mechanism.

The other thing about it is that your voltage drop and battery sag will be more apparent because your build is so low. At 3.7v you're pulling 30 amps at 114 watts on a single battery. Even if it's a 35A CDR that's a lot to ask of a single cell.

Sent from the Death Star

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
There's a fix for the voltage drop on that mod. It involves pinching something in the switch lock mechanism.

The other thing about it is that your voltage drop and battery sag will be more apparent because your build is so low. At 3.7v you're pulling 30 amps at 114 watts on a single battery. Even if it's a 35A CDR that's a lot to ask of a single cell.

Sent from the Death Star

I understand that, but like I said, I can put that exact same rda on my xxx with the same battery and get 3 times the life out of it.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand that, but like I said, I can put that exact same rda on my xxx with the same battery and get 3 times the life out of it.
I just read that it has something like 0.5 voltage drop out of the box. So a fresh cell is only hitting at 3.7V...so when you battery is at 3.7V you're only getting 3.2V. Pretty sure that's what's happening. There's a fix for it but I can't seem to find the info on it at the moment.

Sent from the Death Star

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I just read that it has something like 0.5 voltage drop out of the box. So a fresh cell is only hitting at 3.7V...so when you battery is at 3.7V you're only getting 3.2V. Pretty sure that's what's happening. There's a fix for it but I can't seem to find the info on it at the moment.

Sent from the Death Star

I appreciate it. I think it's just too much cheap metal. Point blank. Because I only use 20700's in it. 18650's with that adapter would be even worse.

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
It's been a really good day. Got my squonk mod to quit leaking and a possible fix for the voltage drop, FINALLY got this confounded rta to work, and ... well ... I probably should keep the last one to myself. It just miiiiiiiiiiight start a rash of ka-ka.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Sent from the Death Star
A little disingenuous - once an atty is on the mod hits at less than 3.7 volts. Most tubes hit at 3.7 with atty with a fresh battery. And which battery matters too.

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I know a enough about battery safety to keep from hurting anyone but I'm not Battery Mooch. I can't tell technical specs. But in my opinion, any vaper with a good amount of experience can "feel" when something is off. When a mods output drops too fast that, to me anyway, is an easy tell. Why is not always the same answer. When that does happen it gets my attention quick. Nothing to take lightly with any device. I personally speaking will shelf said device until I get some answers and then proceed with caution. So, once again thanks to everyone who tried to help me figure things out. It worked. I can't speak for anyone else but I learn something new every day.

automaticfailure

Member For 4 Years

Thanks for the quick run down of it. I had a feeling that it was going to be like every other chinese clone, they take some work to function properly. I knew from the start that the 'spare' bottle was 100% not correct due to that protrusion it has. The bottle also doesn't look like a silicone bottle but a harder plastic type?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
looking to trade this for a non C dna75 mod

preference would be non dyed wood. But will accept ultem or delrin

RRP 399 euro

i prefer the mono board for wattage mode, less finicky :)

also prefer front squonk (REO style) or 3/4 squonk (li-mo style)

more pics on request, i might list in classies later if no interest here

Attachments

• IMG_20180802_003158 (1).jpg
    IMG_20180802_003158 (1).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20180802_003126 (1).jpg
    IMG_20180802_003126 (1).jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20180923_205353.jpg
    IMG_20180923_205353.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20180923_205350.jpg
    IMG_20180923_205350.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20180923_205348.jpg
    IMG_20180923_205348.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20180923_205346.jpg
    IMG_20180923_205346.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20180923_205231.jpg
    IMG_20180923_205231.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20180923_205217.jpg
    IMG_20180923_205217.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20180923_205204.jpg
    IMG_20180923_205204.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20180923_205155.jpg
    IMG_20180923_205155.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 30

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the quick run down of it. I had a feeling that it was going to be like every other chinese clone, they take some work to function properly. I knew from the start that the 'spare' bottle was 100% not correct due to that protrusion it has. The bottle also doesn't look like a silicone bottle but a harder plastic type?
Actually both bottles are silicone. Was kinda surprised about that.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
looking to trade this for a non C dna75 mod

preference would be non dyed wood. But will accept ultem or delrin

RRP 399 euro

i prefer the mono board for wattage mode, less finicky :)

also prefer front squonk (REO style) or 3/4 squonk (li-mo style)

more pics on request, i might list in classies later if no interest here

Seems a Palm BF might be in your wheel house... not mine mind you, but one ;)

If you're on FB I can add you to their group if you're not already in it.

VU Sponsors