Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:):inlove:*sighs* Reckon I see my next authentic purchase. FT has the Solo for around $25. "Here take my money."
Looks similar to a Gorge. Think I paid around $22-25 for it, been a very good squonker RDA for the price.
I am loving this dripper. I had to learn quick about postless building, but I got it. It was a bit of a challenge without a coily tool, but I figured out the trick and it is vaping AMAZING! I'm pretty proud of myself LOL

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just FYI, the DPro and the Drop Solo are totally different...

Ftech doesn't have the DPro. Looks like 3F is out of stock, as is Element Vape unless you want the frosted whitish cap - in which case they have 'em for like $20.
upload_2019-2-17_22-47-45.png

:):inlove:*sighs* Reckon I see my next authentic purchase. FT has the Solo for around $25. "Here take my money."
Looks similar to a Gorge. Think I paid around $22-25 for it, been a very good squonker RDA for the price.
I am loving this dripper. I had to learn quick about postless building, but I got it. It was a bit of a challenge without a coily tool, but I figured out the trick and it is vaping AMAZING! I'm pretty proud of myself LOL

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just FYI, the DPro and the Drop Solo are totally different...

Ftech doesn't have the DPro. Looks like 3F is out of stock, as is Element Vape unless you want the frosted whitish cap - in which case they have 'em for like $20.
View attachment 131848
I can't speak for the Drop Solo, but the DPro is amazing. I'll hopefully be getting a better build in it on Tuesday, but with just a pair of 4mm 24g ss coils, it is vaping amazing. I think that I'll try it with a couple 3.5mm zipper coils then and see how she does. I'm playing with it right now to be honest and learning how to build on a postless deck at the same time.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
87083b93e72503f25b4a08fa65f90811.jpg
5e3d5790926a3b4039e3d35ee89fedef.jpg
ba3631462a3c1276c99fa3c778dc19d4.jpg
4b16bca0c11472e4406b21d210f11c5b.jpg
1e69b284fc6bd7cfcbc73fd3186875b2.jpg
That empty cup is killing me. Lol you take some of the best photos though. :)

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the le concorde RDA, whats a reasonable price to pay been offered one , I know its being priced scalped at moment since only 1000 made so used going- over RRP.
Not as bad as narda prices
But what do you think its worth ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So the le concorde RDA, whats a reasonable price to pay been offered one , I know its being priced scalped at moment since only 1000 made so used going- over RRP.
Not as bad as narda prices
But what do you think its worth ?

I think it’s worth the €118 it originally cost, but they have gone in excess of $230 lately on FaceSlut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

VaporRange has the Solo for $15.95 plus free shipping. I sound like an advertisement for VaporRange this morning, but I'm not. Just discovered them a few weeks ago, and they have some great prices.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it’s worth the €118 it originally cost, but they have gone in excess of $230 lately on FaceSlut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah seen them go 300$ and 350 , thats why im asking because of this a seller i wanted to buy one off now says its worth more , when RRp was new this is used id pay RRP but greed get them think well if so an so can get that much so can i ,

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally got around to building the new-to-me Goon 1.5 RDA I got from @bx10r and decided I'd squonk it on the VTInbox.
A simple single-coil spaced 0.6Ω build of 3mm, 5/6 wrap of VV MTL SS Clapton Wire. Not damn bad! :D

(reusing an old profile, just haven't renamed it)
IMG_5041-2.jpg

Lookin' good.
IMG_5038-2.jpg

Last edited:

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They call this a MOSFET, but isn't that a kicker (in one of the photos)? I'm not familiar with the works of it, just asking.
It looks like a similar board to what the Cthulhu new 24mm mod tube and atto has , the tube has a side fire in metal frame of tube by looks of it so a tactile Switch on side of board
e54563da3a9853503119e37e93dbf12b.jpg
b1ab774bd89788d0da67e68610926680.jpg
93948c0b4d353c5bce8972087f100420.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It looks like a similar board to what the Cthulhu new 24mm mod tube and atto has , the tube has a side fire in metal frame of tube by looks of it so a tactile Switch on side of board
e54563da3a9853503119e37e93dbf12b.jpg
b1ab774bd89788d0da67e68610926680.jpg
93948c0b4d353c5bce8972087f100420.jpg

Can see switch on side of pcb
b94582b968ef94fd9ca390bd8aa7001a.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can see switch on side of pcb
b94582b968ef94fd9ca390bd8aa7001a.jpg

So just hoping its not got a lot of voltage drop for it be ok , i know atto has good feedback im awaiting one (atto) to ship + 2 spare boards
which Cthulhu is just a clone 24mm version of the
atto and colbri mods,
which all run off the sxk pico 1.1 chips sold on Fasttech
This does look to have a different larger PCB though but probably same stuff on it , as be mass produced in china

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Y'all just look at this beautiful thing. Smoant Battlestar squonker. I want it bad. Already done too much shopping. Sigh.

9686828-12.jpg

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Y'all just look at this beautiful thing. Smoant Battlestar squonker. I want it bad. Already done too much shopping. Sigh.

9686828-12.jpg
Looks nice :)

I'm just waiting to be able to get my hands on the Pulse Dual Kit. I'm really looking forward to that one And live the dripper that it comes with.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VaporRange has the Solo for $15.95 plus free shipping. I
Drop Solo is really nice. I love the draw and big flavor out of it. I got my wicks so the tails are barely touching the deck. A hard press squonk and I can hit it quite a few times without worry. The squonk pin is raised so all the juice doesnt go back in the bottle.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

9686828-12.jpg
Not sure if I like the Battle Pumper. The main complaint is that it doesn't have any suck back action. Whatever is squonked has to stay in the RDA until it's vaped or leak. I'm a huge Smoant fan so I may try it. I think the price is going to be pretty reasonable.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm learning to squonk the Profile right now. I find myself taking the cap off to watch what happens when I press. There's a shit load of cotton in there lol.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if I like the Battle Pumper. The main complaint is that it doesn't have any suck back action. Whatever is squonked has to stay in the RDA until it's vaped or leak. I'm a huge Smoant fan so I may try it. I think the price is going to be pretty reasonable.

I LOL'd at "Battle Pumper"...:giggle:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

9686828-12.jpg
Hold off on that one for the moment. Review hasn't come out yet but I heard from a very reliable person here the pump started sticking after two weeks use I think

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As an old school squonker, that is a nonstarter for me

Really, really dislike non draining squonks
It works for me. There's not really any juice wells so the whole bottom acts as one. The airflow holes are high enough that I've never leaked it. It's my first real "good" RDA and I think its awesome. Before using this I've only tinkered around with some older ones. I wasn't a fan of RDAs until I tried the Drop Solo.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just squeeze and hold until I see the mesh get wet. Then squeeze again sometimes
I worked my way up to 60W and it's a nice vape. Nice, but not so fantastic that I'd stop using conventional coils. Maybe I better wait to judge until this gets broken in properly. I could also try some cellucotton because it's a PITA to keep all that cotton wet.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I worked my way up to 60W and it's a nice vape. Nice, but not so fantastic that I'd stop using conventional coils. Maybe I better wait to judge until this gets broken in properly. I could also try some cellucotton because it's a PITA to keep all that cotton wet.
I've never used cellucotton but I've heard people loving rayon in it.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh Ok. Didn't know that. But figures I think you can get both from a beauty supply so it probably is

Yeah, it's a brand name. They have both types, but in this context I think it'd be rayon.
I still have some of those coils from like 2014...lol

Me, I'm still using up a 1/2 pack of Puffs cotton I got from a user years ago on NV.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just squeeze and hold until I see the mesh get wet. Then squeeze again sometimes
That's how i do it too.I just look down through the drip tip and watch for it to start coming through the mesh,then just hold enough pressure on the bottle to keep it there for a few seconds to make sure the wick has time to soak up all it can,then just let it suck back whatever's left after that.

Rayon is great in the profile,that's the only wick i've used in probably 3 years now in everything i've used.

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
I have a pulse x and love it. The pulse is the 1st squonker iv ever owned, I have owned the species kit and the mag kit and both were good mods. I want another squonker but one that a little more powerful. Iv been looking at the ohm boy rage, I like the way its designed but I'm afraid that it will be a little to heavy for me. I have been looking for different panels for my pulse but seems like all I can find are bright colors, I like the resin panels,if anyone knows were to look please let me know. What would you recommend I get for a 2nd squonk device? Like I said I really like the rage but there may be some I haven't seen yet and would like to here what you guys/gals suggest I get.
Thanks

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a pulse x and love it. The pulse is the 1st squonker iv ever owned, I have owned the species kit and the mag kit and both were good mods. I want another squonker but one that a little more powerful. Iv been looking at the ohm boy rage, I like the way its designed but I'm afraid that it will be a little to heavy for me. I have been looking for different panels for my pulse but seems like all I can find are bright colors, I like the resin panels,if anyone knows were to look please let me know. What would you recommend I get for a 2nd squonk device? Like I said I really like the rage but there may be some I haven't seen yet and would like to here what you guys/gals suggest I get.
Thanks
Desire cut is another made by the same company as the Rage. I have 2 and a rage. All great. So many they escape my brain. Topside is good but a couple people don't like it as much. Pico squeeze 2.if you can find one a Hotcig RSQ.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks
Only options I can think of for more power are a bit spendy. Buyer beware, Ginger Vapor's customer service is legendary shitty.
https://gingervaper.com/product/box...20700-with-evolv-dna250c-temperature-control/

Sent from the Death Star

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks
If you like the pulse x, might look at the pulse dual. I'm getting one when tax return comes in, you can get the pulse v2 with it as well as a kit. That's what I'm doing. I only have onedripper that is squonk compatible so I'm going for the kit myself.

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
If you like the pulse x, might look at the pulse dual. I'm getting one when tax return comes in, you can get the pulse v2 with it as well as a kit. That's what I'm doing. I only have onedripper that is squonk compatible so I'm going for the kit myself.

Thanks I'll watch some YouTube videos on that kit! I ordered another RDA, the profile by wotofo I'm excited to give the profile a spin on my pulse X using that mesh strip. I just hope the profile is all of what its cracked up to be.
Not that the pulse X RDA isn't a bomb ass tank I just wanted the profile for the new squonk design and the mesh coils.

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks I'll watch some YouTube videos on that kit! I ordered another RDA, the profile by wotofo I'm excited to give the profile a spin on my pulse X using that mesh strip. I just hope the profile is all of what its cracked up to be.
Not that the pulse X RDA isn't a bomb ass tank I just wanted the profile for the new squonk design and the mesh coils.
I'm looking forward to getting that kit. Honestly I've been loving mechs, but I'll sacrifice for the Pulse Dual haha. And the dripper looks amazing

VU Sponsors