Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BUT...but, but.....isn't the idea in squonking to have no juice pooling at the bottom i.e. all drain back into the bottle? Am I too old school?

Nope, you're not. I want a saturated wick/coil, not a pool of juice on my desk. :)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BUT...but, but.....isn't the idea in squonking to have no juice pooling at the bottom i.e. all drain back into the bottle? Am I too old school?
I know. Lol just fill the cotton and drain back out for me too. I could see not squonking as much but then I always worry about it dripping out the airflow if the mod tips or something

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know. Lol just fill the cotton and drain back out for me too. I could see not squonking as much but then I always worry about it dripping out the airflow if the mod tips or something

One reason i don't like most of the super-soft bottles..not enough pressure.

My Goon 1.5 and VTInbox are about perfect in that regard: a PE bottle, room for wicking, it just works. :)

Also why I love my Flave's...no muss no fuss when you can SEE it happen.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure if you're wanting dual or single. The goon looks good, also the reload x rda. I'd say with the curves of the rage you wouldn't want something too square at the top. Pretty nice juice well on both. Enough for squonking
I have always wanted a goon, but never pulled the trigger on one. Since I'm starting my building journey, that's not a bad idea to get one either LOL. I'll check out the Reload X too. Thanks allot for the reply.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have always wanted a goon, but never pulled the trigger on one. Since I'm starting my building journey, that's not a bad idea to get one either LOL. I'll check out the Reload X too. Thanks allot for the reply.

Not all Goons come with BF pins, just FYI...but you can get the pins separately.

Goons are kinda a staple in vaping, but the Reload X is pretty damn cool too:

Wfc3jk5.jpg

(how's that for trusting ya mod?)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The reload x does a great single coil too.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm seriously considering the Ohm Boy OC Rahe also, and will just need to find a good Squonk rda to go with it. I'm wanting something with a deeper juice well than the DPro. I love the flavor from it, but virtually a non-existent juice well. St. Roostifer opened me up to one, but curious what you all think as well.

I'd dump the juice well concept and look for good drainage - 0 chance of over squonking or leaks

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shitty quicky photo, but I put a huge 4x9mm DemonKiller 0.28Ω notch coil in mine. Lots of room. :D

View attachment 132400

Yes, I'm vaping dark tobacco juice in there...
Nice, can get a nice coil in there. With me wanting to up my building game it couldn't hurt at all to have all that room.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally would like to have the yellow jacket RDA in Stainless it has a similar setup as the pulse X RDA. The yellow jacket has a umbrella like design over top of the coils so the juice falls directly onto the coils. Check it out you might like it! I think it would look good with the rage!
I have seen the yellow jacket once, but never a review for it. I'll have to actually watch some reviews for it now. It looks like a pretty sweet rda. Thanks for the suggestion. The right rda makes all the difference in a squonking experience.

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
I have seen the yellow jacket once, but never a review for it. I'll have to actually watch some reviews for it now. It looks like a pretty sweet rda. Thanks for the suggestion. The right rda makes all the difference in a squonking experience.

I'll try to send ya a link to a good review of the yellow jacket.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thingie is the scientific name, I think augvape called them clamp snag or something goofy like that, lol

That does not surprise me...:D

FWIW, I've been a defender of the Merlin Mini for years...lol

I mean, just look at this 24K gold shiny insanity!

IMG_0283-8.jpg

Yes, that is a HCIGAR Zod 26650 in my hand.

Err, sorry, I /OT'd all over here...bad CaFF...

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That does not surprise me...:D

FWIW, I've been a defender of the Merlin Mini for years...lol

I mean, just look at this 24K gold shiny insanity!

View attachment 132407

Yes, that is a HCIGAR Zod 26650 in my hand.

Err, sorry, I /OT'd all over here...bad CaFF...

Merlin is still my work RTA

In fact, I'm vaping one right now, lol

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Merlin is still my work RTA

In fact, I'm vaping one right now, lol

I'm not surprised...lol... ;-)

Done right, it's an awesome atty.
All old can be new: mine is on a freekin' Cuboid right now running Artic Fox in SS-TC with a DK 4x9mm NOTCH COIL I made fit.. :D

Extra Irony points: I'm vaping a CoV MiniVolt with the stock Vengence Mini tank. Love it.
it's the Walther CCP of vape.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I never did even try those notch coils, I must have at least a dozen of them laying around

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Anybody have thoughts on the yellow jacket RDA, I'm considering getting it.

Someone in the Hardware thread was recently asking about a Yellow Jacket. You can probably find who it is and tag them!

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
Yep .39 ohm on my pulse x, lol by by battery life...j/k not gonna be vaping at them ohms. I like .17 probably gonna use that build for another setup. To much spit back..

Last edited:

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
If you put much current thru that 28ga, you'll melt it.

Sounds like a very small coil.
Yeah, that was a double twist 5 wrap..I made another set using a triple twist 6 wrap which ohm out to be .22 and that's what I'm using on my pulse X. Flavor is still decent but nothing compared to .17 which was what I was using. I still have some learning to do on coil building but I'll eventually get to were I wanna be...

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, that was a double twist 5 wrap..I made another set using a triple twist 6 wrap which ohm out to be .22 and that's what I'm using on my pulse X. Flavor is still decent but nothing compared to .17 which was what I was using. I still have some learning to do on coil building but I'll eventually get to were I wanna be...

I tried twisted 30ga one time, it was bad for spitting also. Still think 24ga round single strand coils are great for starting out.

No doubt wattage impacts flavor, but even more do the little nooks and crannies between wires in your coil and the wire's surface area.

Roman_RO

Bronze Contributor
I tried twisted 30ga one time, it was bad for spitting also. Still think 24ga round single strand coils are great for starting out.

No doubt wattage impacts flavor, but even more do the little nooks and crannies between wires in your coil and the wire's surface area.
Thanks I just learned something I didn't know that twisted wires can cause spit back, popin n crackin. The last I made the triple twist I twisted tight as I could until the wire broke at the end, there was no kinks in the wire, turned out perfect. I had just a little spit back but not as bad as my 1st build. I used a 30ft roll of NIchrome in a day and a half and got 2 sets of coils to show for it.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got this Jorda B clone from FT a couple days ago. Vaping my ADV of the past 3 years at 12mg nic salt and getting a really great MTL vape. Was a bit skeptical but it's really awesome... draw is smooth, quiet and flavor is really great. Wish KHW still made the authentic...

d2bea1c35439f83daac30b342aefa21e.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got this Jorda B clone from FT a couple days ago. Vaping my ADV of the past 3 years at 12mg nic salt and getting a really great MTL vape. Was a bit skeptical but it's really awesome... draw is smooth, quiet and flavor is really great. Wish KHW still made the authentic...

d2bea1c35439f83daac30b342aefa21e.jpg

Sent from the Death Star
What mod is that?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What mod is that?
It's a Cloud Laboratory Xmod. 20700 Switchfet.
Assembled it myself. The enclosure and chip sled came from Shapeways. The battery tube, 510, chip, bottle, and bottom feeding tube came from Mod Maker. It was a bitch to assemble and I'm still not happy with it. One of these days I'll tear it down, resolder, and tighten everything up haha

Sent from the Death Star

VU Sponsors