Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never did clarify...does one go bonkers right away, or is it a gradual thing? :confused:
You end up bonkers eventually :). I was die hard sub ohm tanks,, have 16 or so tanks that I like and others I need to re-home someday... meantime I can't seem to put my squonker down. I almost never use my regulated mods and tanks any more. I feel I'm neglecting them:( I do think that had I started out with squonking I may never have bought most of my current stash.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You end up bonkers eventually :). I was die hard sub ohm tanks,, have 16 or so tanks that I like and others I need to re-home someday... meantime I can't seem to put my squonker down. I almost never use my regulated mods and tanks any more. I feel I'm neglecting them:( I do think that had I started out with squonking I may never have bought most of my current stash.

I'm lucky; I went straight from the old cigalikes with cartos to squonking

I have a few RTAs that have their place in my vaping, but squonking is vaping to me

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm lucky; I went straight from the old cigalikes with cartos to squonking

I have a few RTAs that have their place in my vaping, but squonking is vaping to me

I'm still a baby at this compared to most of you, but when I'm at home I probably use my squonkers 85% of the time. I use regulated mods with RTAs when I'm away from home.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
March 2014 was my first REO. Not much around then.
2015, a bunch of custom USA stuff came out. All mechs. I had at least one of each.
Mostly used tmods until 2017, when a friend was making panels for VT inbox. I liked the DNA75. So quickly bought a BAM (in as much as lists can be quick) and stayed there.

First BF RDA was reomizer 2. Then tried a bunch as they came out. I think there is a sticky thread on how we used to do it before BF pins. Derringer stuck for about a year. Then stumpies, which I still use all day every day.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Geez I am glad that I am not buying stuff lately.

fbc44e9f70a41cb6ea28dd331e44d416.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Then stumpies, which I still use all day every day.

Still wanna get one of those sometime & will.

Had a "fun" morning already this morn. Twisted in a chair setting at the computer. Got pain up through left side, kind of suspected it was kidney. The pain was real sharp, bad.

Go to E.R. "Well you got 2+ blood in urine and your left kidney is atrophied to half the size of your right.This isn't something that just 'comes on' but something that takes a while. We don't know why so go see your urologist, family guy. Meanwhile take some 'good stuff' for pain and more flexiril for muscle spasms."

I love my wife. She is sadistic bar none. I come over to the bedroom crawling, look up over the bed edge "Help, wifey." "Get up here and get in bed."

Gonna go log out, head back downstairs. Watch something get my mind off doc's not ever knowing crap. "This and this, all wrong with you ..." "Why?" "um, no idea, just is"

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Still wanna get one of those sometime & will.

Had a "fun" morning already this morn. Twisted in a chair setting at the computer. Got pain up through left side, kind of suspected it was kidney. The pain was real sharp, bad.

Go to E.R. "Well you got 2+ blood in urine and your left kidney is atrophied to half the size of your right.This isn't something that just 'comes on' but something that takes a while. We don't know why so go see your urologist, family guy. Meanwhile take some 'good stuff' for pain and more flexiril for muscle spasms."

I love my wife. She is sadistic bar none. I come over to the bedroom crawling, look up over the bed edge "Help, wifey." "Get up here and get in bed."

Gonna go log out, head back downstairs. Watch something get my mind off doc's not ever knowing crap. "This and this, all wrong with you ..." "Why?" "um, no idea, just is"

Well, surely cannot like that post. I hope you can get in to see someone soon and find a solution. Kidney pain is no fun. Rest as much as you can. We'll be wishing you the best.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kidney pain is no fun.

Can agree to that. My wife just chuckled at me "got to go and be different huh?" Of course, she's the same wife that sat there holding my hand.

She called the urologist as soon as we got home. Got their fax number, called back to the hospital and arranged this morning's record faxed on. So, hope to find something out soon.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can agree to that. My wife just chuckled at me "got to go and be different huh?" Of course, she's the same wife that sat there holding my hand.

She called the urologist as soon as we got home. Got their fax number, called back to the hospital and arranged this morning's record faxed on. So, hope to find something out soon.
Good luck

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i might get vapemail tomorrow :vapemail:

juicy woman friday, according to usps

i better find my 26awg ni80, for a mech build

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
i might get vapemail tomorrow :vapemail:

juicy woman friday, according to usps

i better find my 26awg ni80, for a mech build

We'll see, I am certainly not going to hold my breath up here, all mail normally takes at least one extra day to arrive from the estimate, say 99 out of 100 times

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We'll see, I am certainly not going to hold my breath up here, all mail normally takes at least one extra day to arrive from the estimate, say 99 out of 100 times
Dog sled or ski machine delivery is always and extra day (?)

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Think it's more the lazy assholes swilling Mt Dew and chowing down on Hershey bars instead of processing mail during work hours
I have seen behind the scenes of the usps delivery services. There are a few reasons for the delays. A lot of the distribution centers and post offices are just simply under staffed because of lack of budget. Some have bad management. But, without a doubt, there are always poor employees that just don't want to work and miss the daily pick up times regularly plaguing the system as well.

Sadly, it's more often a mix these problems all in one spot.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With the parcel swap. Lucy's cost nearly double what mine did, through auspost.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have seen behind the scenes of the usps delivery services. There are a few reasons for the delays. A lot of the distribution centers and post offices are just simply under staffed because of lack of budget. Some have bad management. But, without a doubt, there are always poor employees that just don't want to work and miss the daily pick up times regularly plaguing the system as well.

Sadly, it's more often a mix these problems all in one spot.

I've lived in a few different places and have had mail service ranging from deplorable to stellar. What I have now is a mix of the two, depending on which part of the service is in question.

The ladies in our local post office are amazing. They have gone out of their way for me many times, allowing me to pick up packages at 7 am when they aren't even open, helping to carry parcels to my car, even rolling a cart out the back door to a loading dock before Christmas one year so I could load up without having to make ten trips. I should have been making them a pound cake every Christmas for the past 15 years.

I've had some complaints about the contractors who actually deliver the mail on the rural route where I live, but in all fairness, we live back in the woods behind everyone else, and we aren't easy to find. We also have a long, crappy driveway. The occasional things I haven't appreciated were things like phone calls from my neighbors telling me that so-and-so carrier left our packages on their front porch, or out in their truck, or even in the damn yard. This has sometimes been the postal service, but just as often has been UPS or Fed Ex.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think it's more the lazy assholes swilling Mt Dew and chowing down on Hershey bars instead of processing mail during work hours
My oldest daughter works for the post office and she works her ass off. But unfortunately not all of them have the same work ethic as she does. I hear all about it believe me.........

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My oldest daughter works for the post office and she works her ass off. But unfortunately not all of them have the same work ethic as she does. I hear all about it believe me.........

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
so how many packages have you lost or got delayed... inquiring minds want to know

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well your bad ass gift got out here in four days.

Think I tamed it a bit today. 14 wraps of 26 awg NiChrome round 3 mm ID for E of 1.5Ω. Tried running at the normal 0.30Ω and became a fire eater bumped it 0.50Ω and had about the same. *chuckles* So, I built a Goon base with that 1.5 coil & sat a Goon LP top cap on 'er, she be a fine but she a hit like a mule too. :) She's pretty as well. Going to end up being a treat vape on her. She'll sit here on the desk out of the way, brought out for a few hits and put up.

I used to work for Friendship. They had a mail processing & print shop room. We sorted out mail, used the "mangler" to fold up mass letter fliers, sacked up stuff by zip codes, correlated mailings, hand inserted, ... I actually loved doing that. You would normally get three mistakes a day allowed. Sometimes though we had tight orders where even one mistake would get us put out to piece work or boxes. I usually kept at the tight order jobs.

The supervisor one day got a chuckle out of me. He was stressing that we had to be accurate and he would check our totes of mailers to find errors. Told us we had to be sure to read the labels, match them all up. "Damn it," I said "Here I was just looking at the pictures." Boy did he crawl all over the six totes full I'd already done, then started crawling the three I was finishing up.

Made it rough on him. Told him I could not read but could see the pictures matching. He swore he'd choke me. I just laughed as he realized all mine were accurate and he didn't need to look to be sure. So then he tossed me over to help on the printing of a mass mail out for some jewelry company. "You better read those," he told me. Zip codes get tricky when the numbers blur in the ink.

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
At least they are predictable lol

Cropped out your actual town name

4e40ad476e4dea848ec893eb3adae81d.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, wait till they are open Monday :facepalm:

Most likely they will shit is the day after that though - these guys have really turned into a black hole of late

VU Sponsors