Squonkers are Bonkers

Discussion in 'Bottom Feeders / Squonking' started by DogMan, Jan 16, 2016.

1. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I do have a cousin and a couple of friends who I converted to squonking

But I have never seen a stranger squonking

inspects, DogMan, Train and 1 other person like this.
  2. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I barely see anyone vaping, much less squonking. It’s a bit disheartening.

km00, inspects, MrMeowgi and 3 others like this.
  3. nadalama

nadalama VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I had a couple of young coworkers who vaped, but one left the company and the other quit when the company health insurance decided that vapers were smokers and was going to charge us an extra $80 a month for insurance.

I almost never see anyone vaping now, much less squonking.

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  4. Train

Train Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I grab a couple mods from a shelf with, well, a lot of mods, vape them for a bit, then switch.
    It's what I do.
    Funny, how I end up with "themes" without consciously doing so.

Just now noticed, "hey - that's all my Alumides". lol

alumides.jpg

5. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I have a very good friend who does a bit of tech support on contract from the government. He also doubles as the in house contract negotiator / file it clerk for the various jobs needed. He has to be on call at moment's notice to go out anywhere, train a few people on portions of his work, fix something someone has botched. The main aspect of his work deals with databases and accessing them. He told me, "avoid being a computing 'rock star', it'll drive you mad." I believe him, too. Last I heard he had sold his home in PA, went to OR to live. Swore D.C. was killing him.

6. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    For two and a half years I was the only systems analyst/programmer/tech support/telephone system support/network support person in a company location that employed about 125 people. I also supervised seven non-technical staff members and did all system upgrades. For one of the upgrades I went to work at 6 am on Friday morning and did not go home again until Tuesday afternoon. What little sleep I got was on an inflatable mattress in the floor in my office.

There is not enough money in the world to persuade me to ever go back to a job like that.

inspects and JuicyLucy like this.
  7. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Those are really stunning. :inlove:

wildgypsy70 and Train like this.
  8. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
  9. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    I can understand this very well. I worked for the apple processing plant, they created apple (the fruit) based products. The apples we got in were not real apples but commercial apple (product), anyone off the street would have thought them apples. It was much the same with the poultry plant not processing chickens but chicken (product/s).

At the apple place I was on the night crew to clean the apple sauce line. They put me in with a group of HBC fellows, these are workers from Mexico granted longer visas to work agricultural work. They get six months to work, go back home three months, can return and repeat. Well, one day I had gone in for the regular 4 PM to 4 AM shift. At 3:45 AM I'm told our crew needs to come back at 8 AM to help the day shift and it would likely be an 8 AM to 4 AM shift, and keep going like that for an indefinite period.

Granted I'm for hard work and don't mind a bit of overtime pay but to me this seemed a bit like slavery. The only way I could have feasibly kept up with that crew was to have "gone home" with them to sleep in a warehouse with pallets for beds, a fire hose ran in for a shower & means to wash your clothes/dishes. I got swapped to a different crew & wound up repairing 250 lb wooden bins used to haul the fake apples into us. I would repair 20 - 30 such of these bins in an 8 hr shift plus do any other random extra work needing done. Used to throw these bins around like cheap & worn rag dolls. Did this for about a year almost.

It wasn't that minded any of the guys on their crew. I have no prejudice in working with even purple folks from Saturn, if they'll work just as hard as I'm working. If they they don't well then I got no time for them and it could be some Caucasian American person being a lazy ass bastard, no time at all for them. If you're there like me to earn a paycheck you'll work like me it's all the same on that level. Kind of like I don't care who happens to be POTUS. If it's some bright and eager lady, as long as she does the "job" and well enough to not lead us astray, more power to her. If ya supposed to be there to do a job, damn well do it.

The "season" cycled through on us & I got laid off and opted for no call back. Me & wife headed back here to WV. So, yes I can understand "shit" work. Done plenty enough of it in life and some of literally in the midst of actual feces. As a result I've kind of worn myself out.

10. DogMan

DogMan VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    The topside misfired, or slept, or something 3 times.

Not every time. Just 3 times over 2 days, I hit fire with no response

~Don~ likes this.
  11. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    :sad:You are having one fuck of a run lately :facepalm:

DogMan likes this.
  12. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    No more issues there. Sorry you had a bad time with it.

DogMan likes this.
  13. Train

Blog Posts:
    Hey - good luck w/ your selling stuff @JuicyLucy!
    I would have gone for the Furyan, but I already bought a mod this weekend (and wasn't supposed to).
    Excited tho - pix when it gets here! lol

wildgypsy70 and JuicyLucy like this.
  14. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Those are the very best purchases - can't wait to see whatcha got

wildgypsy70 likes this.
  15. bx10r

bx10r Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    wildgypsy70 and MrMeowgi like this.
  16. DogMan

Blog Posts:
    AndriaD likes this.
  17. AndriaD

AndriaD O-Mi-Gawd it's HOT! VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Actually, the architecture of that deck looks terrific... very similar to how the deck is "suspended" above a deep well, in the Achilles, and with the airhole right under the coil/wick, so that part of it is excellent. Unfortunately though, that internal airhole is much too large, so regardless of how the outer airhole may be adjusted, it wouldn't give a truly TIGHT draw. The inner airhole needs to be 1.2mm AT MOST... 1mm would be better. I would *guess* that the airflow in that is roughly the same as the original Magma; looks quite similar... but although the Magma does produce good flavor, I always found it just a bit too airy, even using the single smallest airhole, and one of the airholes inside completely blocked off.

My son describes my vaping style not as trying to suck a golfball thru a garden hose... but as trying to suck a golfball thru a coffee stirrer. :teehee:

Thx!
    Andria

kross8 and DogMan like this.
  18. DogMan

Blog Posts:
    just ordered the last in stock

on sale, for 250 euro, down from 320

dhl was 16 euro

:facepalm:

MrMeowgi and JuicyLucy like this.
  19. Mikemsp86

Mikemsp86 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Just got my first Squonker, the topside dual, a couple of days ago. Vaping it with the Asgard mini and it’s great. I’m using a N80 3mm ID build which comes out at 0.15, vaping it at about 60W. I’ve noticed on occasion a dry taste at the start of the vape. The cotton is saturated but it still tastes dry. I’m using muji pads, Scottish rolled and cut so they just reach the bottom I tried it with muji normally and fluffed out and with Cotton Gods and it was a lot worse like that.

Just wondered if anyone has any tips regarding wicking or maybe it’s my squonking technique?

20. BobsHere

BobsHere From Wherever VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Please let me know if that one heads towards the round filing cabinet..:huh:

~Don~ and DogMan like this.
  21. BobsHere

BobsHere From Wherever VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Not familar with that atty but some pics would help.

DogMan likes this.
  22. Creature0069

Creature0069 Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Guessing here but it sounds like the wick is a little too tight in the coil. Had that issue a lot with a DropDead where the coils sit pretty high up above the deck. The tails were wicking spectacularly but juice wasn't getting inside the coil until they were hot. I don't have that issue with the Recurve as the coil is engulfed with juice every squonk.

DogMan likes this.
  23. Mikemsp86

Mikemsp86 New Member

Blog Posts:
    It didn’t seem too tight to be honest, was barely pulling on the coil when I threaded it through.

With the Asgard you can completely cover the coils with juice so it’s not like it isn’t getting saturated but still I get a dry taste initially it seems to go away throughout the vape and it doesn’t leave my mouth dry by the end.

I’ve just set up my Passage RDA into Squonk mode and tried that and am getting the same thing.

Don’t get me wrong, it is something I can live with, it’s still a fantastic vape but just wanted an explanation

24. Train

Blog Posts:
    New to me mod...
    Need a better topper for it - kinda stumped on what to use...

jumaholy1.jpg

25. Just Frank

Just Frank Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    MrMeowgi, gadget! and Creature0069 like this.
  26. Mikemsp86

Mikemsp86 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I think I’ve sorted it out. I switched to SS Aliens (0.8 x 0.3, 32g wrap), and used a strip of cotton gods that was about half as thick as before and I also raised the coils a couple of mm.

The flavour is absolutely banging now and it’s wetter than an otters pocket.

I have to Squonk a bit more regularly but the juice is definitely getting to the coil now and there no dry cotton taste at all.

I’m actually enjoying squonking now!

Train, MrMeowgi, Bluenatic and 6 others like this.
  27. gadget!

gadget! "The Trader" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Sexy!

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Train and MrMeowgi like this.
  28. gadget!

Blog Posts:
    SQ Limited Edition with optional spring loaded 510...
    Awesome!

[​IMG]

b.m., jcash74, Train and 5 others like this.
  29. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    When stumped, it's hard to lose with a Stumpy ;)

MyMagicMist, inspects, ~Don~ and 4 others like this.
  30. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I notice you have several B2Ks.

Have you ever tried a Trinity competition cap on one? They are a bit of a pain to get off (may just be me - I don't have a lot of strength in my hands), but I have one on a #187 deck and it is really fantastic (imo).

gadget! likes this.
  31. Train

Blog Posts:
    Good idea - and it vapes good. :D
    Just not aesthetically quite right - the black top needs an RDA that's flat black maybe...I doubt I'll find an "ivory juma" cap.
    (though if I DO, I guess I'd have to get it)
    holyjuma-stumpy2.jpg

Actually - looks OK in the picture. In real life, it's kind of a mismatch...gunmetal against flat black...

32. gadget!

Blog Posts:
    I have a couple of Trinity caps but nothing to fit the B2K.

33. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    Might want to check out How to do Scottish roll easier and effective way . Not sure why but seeing how to do it that way clicked for me. He emphasizes you roll the wick material, not twist. Not sure if that would be your issue or not. Merely passing along some advice. IWFM maybe U2. :)

34. DogMan

Blog Posts:
  35. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    DogMan likes this.
  36. DogMan

Blog Posts:
    my geography sucks, but i think it has been moving *away* from me :facepalm:

JuicyLucy likes this.