Become a Patron!

SS BVC Coil with no TC device help

hi guys,

I'm kinda new to the whole vaping thing, trying to quit smoking, I bought the innokin coolfire iv plus (not the TC version) kit and it came with a couple of coils about a month ago, after burning through those I ordered a pack of coils online, when I was browsing the website I found out there are 2 types of coils for the ISub Apex tank that came with my kit.

A "normal" type and a "SS BVC" type, the website was boasting about how better the BVC is so I bought that, now my pack is here and I was looking at the packaging when I saw it says on the back of the pack "Explosion Warning! ISub SS BVC are only designed for devices equipped with circuit boards capable of controlling coil temperature".

Some websites online are saying that the BVC coils "can be used in TC or VW modes" so I don't really understand what's going on here.

Which kinda freaked me out, so my question is, would those be safe to use with my no TC coolfire? Does that note mean only use with a TC capable device or seomthing else?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
SS can be used in watt mode just fine. they can be dry burned too, just don't do it as hot as kenthal. Keep it where they are red or dark orange but don't heat them to bright orange.

Also for safety, make sure your battery can handle the amperage

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
hi guys,

I'm kinda new to the whole vaping thing, trying to quit smoking, I bought the innokin coolfire iv plus (not the TC version) kit and it came with a couple of coils about a month ago, after burning through those I ordered a pack of coils online, when I was browsing the website I found out there are 2 types of coils for the ISub Apex tank that came with my kit.

A "normal" type and a "SS BVC" type, the website was boasting about how better the BVC is so I bought that, now my pack is here and I was looking at the packaging when I saw it says on the back of the pack "Explosion Warning! ISub SS BVC are only designed for devices equipped with circuit boards capable of controlling coil temperature".

Some websites online are saying that the BVC coils "can be used in TC or VW modes" so I don't really understand what's going on here.

Which kinda freaked me out, so my question is, would those be safe to use with my no TC coolfire? Does that note mean only use with a TC capable device or seomthing else?

SS works in TC or wattage mode. I use SS in all my vapes - even mech mods - with great success.

they can be dry burned too,

Make sure you do NOT dry burn pre-fab coils of this type - it will burn the cotton and render the coil useless.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
SS works in TC or wattage mode. I use SS in all my vapes - even mech mods - with great success.

Make sure you do NOT dry burn pre-fab coils of this type - it will burn the cotton and render the coil useless.

Lol i should have specified to dry burn without cotton when needed

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Lol i should have specified to dry burn without cotton when needed

Op is talking about premade coils (cartridges basically) with the cotton already inside made for an atomizer that only takes premade coils.

I think you are referring to pre - rolled coils, the kind you can put in an RTA then put your own wicking in :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Op is talking about premade coils (cartridges basically) with the cotton already inside made for an atomizer that only takes premade coils.

I think you are referring to pre - rolled coils, the kind you can put in an RTA then put your own wicking in :)

The cotton can be replaced in a Disposable coil, not easy but it is possible. It's easier to rebuild these coils then to rewick. The real problem with dry burning this type of coil, is the risk of melting the insulator.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The cotton can be replaced in a Disposable coil, not easy but it is possible. It's easier to rebuild these coils then to rewick. The real problem with dry burning this type of coil, is the risk of melting the insulator.

It is still something you shouldn't do with a prebuilt type coil regardless of the many reasons why :)

VU Sponsors