Become a Patron!

SS Mesh wick set up to squonk the mulciber....and a few other atties

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK I hate cotton, and am a genhead...I've always wanted to squonk but there aren't many ways to squonk with mesh...I came up with this idea and thought I would share it.
I guess we could call it a volcano wick......the wick is wrapped around a 1.5mm-1.7 mm bit...this creates a hollow tube of mesh the wick is placed over the squonk hole and as you squonk the juice travels up the center hollow tube of the wick up over the top drenching the whole wick in juice and pools at the bottom where the wick further pulls up juice from the bottom of the atty...
It has worked well for me vaping 25-30 watts...on the mulciber..I think it would work or a variation would work on alot of velocity style squonking decks it would work on the Ceto.
Genny builders will find this set up a breeze, those who haven't ever used or mastered using ss mesh may have some learning to do, be warned a dry hit on mesh makes a dry hit on cotton feel like a caress.
All mesh wicks take a break in period to bed about a day, after that you will find the wicking gets better and you can up the watts and get more pulls between squonks. this build is pushing my beloved gennys to the back of the shelf. you get the same great flavor of mesh but being able to use higher watts and more airflow....and you don't cook the juice in your tank... this is 4 wraps of 26 gauge. the size of the wick or the ID of the coil is 3.6 mm..I think the wick is like 65 or 70 mm of #200 mesh..

20170826_163142.jpg 20170826_163142.jpg 20170826_163435.jpg

Last edited:

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
Does the mesh have to be figured into the equation when you're calculating resistance?
Does the mesh hold liquid throughout the height of the cone?

Damn innovative of you my friend.
This could do for vaping what yodeling did for singing. derp

IMG_0571.JPG

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does the mesh have to be figured into the equation when you're calculating resistance?
Does the mesh hold liquid throughout the height of the cone?

Damn innovative of you my friend.
This could do for vaping what yodeling did for singing. derp

View attachment 90375
no the mesh does not affect resistane at all it is torched to create a barrier between itself and the coil so that current doesn't pass through, if you build your wick right it shouldn't even short when touching any metal....it will not only hold juice throughout the entire wick, it will also wick it from the bottom up...like any coil the only thing that effects resistance is how many wraps and the diameter of the coil or in this case the diameter of the wick the coil is wrapped around.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going to try that in my Marquis atty, which is designed for vertical builds.
this works alot better if you can put the wick right over the squonk hole and you have a hollow wick..you need to send the juice up the wick and then over to cover the wick....I like the Marquis it is a reduced chamber atty..... send me picks of your build.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
this works alot better if you can put the wick right over the squonk hole and you have a hollow wick..you need to send the juice up the wick and then over to cover the wick....I like the Marquis it is a reduced chamber atty..... send me picks of your build.
Will do, PV.

VU Sponsors