Become a Patron!

SS Temp Control Users, Advice Please...

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Forgive me if there's already a thread like this I haven't seen, but...
I just upgraded my new evic mini VTC so that it goes to 75 watts and does stainless steel TC. What do you find your sweet spot to be, as far as temp and wattage with the Crown .25 coil? Or the .5 for that matter. Right now I'm vaping the .25 at 75 watts, at 265 C in Temp SS mode. It seems pretty warm. Should I dial back the wattage and increase the temp? I know it's sort of individual preference, but I'd like to get some input. Also, do you notice TC saving battery or draining battery faster. It's supposed to extend battery life, but I noticed the opposite with the istick 40 in temp mode. It drained it quicker.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just use them both in power mode. 55w for the .25 and 40w for the .5. coil. No fuss, no muss. I use the Herakles V1 with TC on this device also, and it seems to prolong battery life a little bit with the Ni200 coil at 50W. (480 F.)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In general (not the crown in specific). The temperature you set is how warm your vape will be. The power you choose will be how quickly it gets there. TC is really more correctly called temperature limiting. When working correctly, it will rise to your desired (set) temperature, then the mod will limit the power to keep you there, it's all about getting a consistent vape.

I tend to set my mods at between 420-470F and between 25-40 watts (depending on juice, coil size, and mood at the time - I build my own coils, always dual coil RTA's). I don't like a particularly hot vape. It's what I like but everyone is different.

Cheers,
Steve

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just use them both in power mode. 55w for the .25 and 40w for the .5. coil. No fuss, no muss. I use the Herakles V1 with TC on this device also, and it seems to prolong battery life a little bit with the Ni200 coil at 50W. (480 F.)
75 watts does seem a bit much. I'll try dialing it back to 50/55 and play with the temp. In straight power mide, 55 is a bit too warm for me. 45 seems pretty good even for the .25.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In general (not the crown in specific). The temperature you set is how warm your vape will be. The power you choose will be how quickly it gets there. TC is really more correctly called temperature limiting. When working correctly, it will rise to your desired (set) temperature, then the mod will limit the power to keep you there, it's all about getting a consistent vape.

I tend to set my mods at between 420-470F and between 25-40 watts (depending on juice, coil size, and mood at the time - I build my own coils, always dual coil RTA's). I don't like a particularly hot vape. It's what I like but everyone is different.

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks. Temp control is a pretty confusing thing to me right now.

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I run at 70 watts in temp mode because I like the coil to get hot right away. I run the temps from 490-520 depending on the juice. This is with either Ni or SS coils in the Crown tank on a RX 200...

dry_hit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I run at 70 watts in temp mode because I like the coil to get hot right away. I run the temps from 490-520 depending on the juice. This is with either Ni or SS coils in the Crown tank on a RX 200...

I pretty much do the same with my Snow Wolf. Cuts down the ramp up time getting your vape to temp.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I asked this in the other ss thread but ill ask here cause i see some different people; how does ss in power mode compare to kanthal or n80 wire?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good advice and it looks like your 265c = 509f so your in the correct temp range...just like said above, play with it from there...

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I asked this in the other ss thread but ill ask here cause i see some different people; how does ss in power mode compare to kanthal or n80 wire?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I'm not sure. I only have the crown coils with SS. My other tanks have kanthal coils and are limited in the amount of wattage they can handle. I personally don't notice a big difference other than the fact that the .25 coil ( crown SS) has better flavor than the 1.2 ohm coils, SS or kanthal. A lot of people find that SS tastes much "cleaner", but I can't say I've experienced that.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wattage is completely irrelevant in TC mode. It's not power. It most certainly isn't a waste of battery.

Temp is what you are setting. Make it cold make it warm make it hot. That's it. That's all you get. Decide what you like.

Wattage is speed. How fast will it get to temp? Once it gets there, it's cut. Some mods it doesn't matter. Set it to 200w. Makes no difference. Some mods a high wattage setting causes the mod to move power around too much. Surge. As soon as it wants power, it gets too much. Figure out what makes yours work best for you. Turn it up, turn it down. Keep it where you like it. Where someone else likes it doesn't matter.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With my Crown tank I just prefer power over TC mode with the SS coils. I tried the Ni coil for the Crown and felt it was a step down from the SS coils in power mode.

My Herekles Plus with SS coils is different though, at 480 degrees and 44 watts I definitely prefer TC over power mode and do notice a significant difference in flavor. This is actually my first good experience with TC having tried my TFV4 with Ti coils and being let down compared to the kanthal claptons in power mode.

I just got a new SS coil for my OBS T-VCT tank and in TC mode it is running well, wouldn't say better than just the normal kanthal coil in power mode but just as good. Really the Herekles Plus is the only tank I have were I actually prefer TC over power mode, the others the performance I can eak out a little more in power than TC.

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How is the crowns .25 SS coils in wattage mode compared to them used in TC on day the x cube mini??
I'm debating on,buying an x cube. Mini just so,i can use them in temp,mode.
Is it,worth it?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally I wouldn't use the Crown with the .25 coils on the X cube mini, that tank likes power and the mini will be right at it's 75 watt limit. You better off with a dual battery mod or the 3 battery Reuleaux. As far as TC it is not my preference when the Crown runs like a champ in power mode but others seem to enjoy it.

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see.
I'm very glad you pointed that out also,
I noticed it was only 75w and was kind of bummed out to see it only took a single 18650. I really don't like mode that are single 18650, the battery life is just to short..no matter what battery. Or what mod it,is, single 18650 mods just don't do,it for me. Seeing how I vape all day long, I need at least two batteries. Or a single 26650 works just fine.
I absolutely love my sigelei 90w plus because it holds an 18650, I can take it with me anywhere and I don't have to worry about battery life, because i know I can count on it to get me through the day, even when I vape non stop it is usually at 45-50% by night time(start vaping/unplug my mod around 11am) and it's at around 50-59% by time I get off work.(around 7)
And I vape it every 5 minutes if not more.
I'm looking into another device that's smaller that can take a 26650 right now, any suggestions?
I want something smaller. If even take something that takes two 18650s but I want something compact. I have my eye on this Minikin at work, it's made by asmodus. Takes dual 18650 and does 120w. They have it in baby blue and white.
Any opinions?
Thx
Also I may or may not get a mod just for temp. Ss, but I'm going to borrow my bosses lasimo 200w Tommorow and test it out.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Vapor Flask Stout, great all day mod rockin a 26650. I was using the Encom TNT 80 before that and still use it from time to time, that's what got me hooked on 26650 mods. I also have a IPV5 and Reuleaux but those 2 mods mostly stay at home, the 26650 mods are a lot nice to carry around.

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, my boss ended up selling me a brand new x cube mini he had for 35 bucks, so I bought it.
And wow..temp,control And THe uwell crown SS coils with the proper input(something like 0.0000093)
And it makes a world of a difference.
Much better than wattage mode, anybody with a crown tank,should seriously look into a mod with temp ss coils, because it's thee fucking shit!!
Seriously I thought it wouldn't make much of a difference but it allows the vape to cool down some and it doesn't have to be burning hot to get that flavor kick, ss temp control is the only way to go for me now, never looking back.

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
400-450g
But quite poppy and spit back not uncommon at450.
400f seems to be the spot

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, my boss ended up selling me a brand new x cube mini he had for 35 bucks, so I bought it.
And wow..temp,control And THe uwell crown SS coils with the proper input(something like 0.0000093)
And it makes a world of a difference.
Much better than wattage mode, anybody with a crown tank,should seriously look into a mod with temp ss coils, because it's thee fucking shit!!
Seriously I thought it wouldn't make much of a difference but it allows the vape to cool down some and it doesn't have to be burning hot to get that flavor kick, ss temp control is the only way to go for me now, never looking back.
You need to use a TCR of 100-105 for Crown coils. It's a well known issue. Crown coils have nickle legs which throws off TC. Most report anemic vape using 316 value for crown 316 coils. I used 105. For DNA and 200 users, you also have to lock resistance. Ohms are not steady over time.

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't figured out how to lock in my ohms on the x cube mini yet, but 0.00000093 seems to work well with the ss coils on x cube mini.
I'm looking at the lasimo l1 right now, it also does SS in TC.
Any thoughts on that?
And anybody,know,how,to lock resistance / ohms when using uwell crowns ss coils on x cube mini ?

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Figured out how to lock and adjust the initial resitance of your atomizer and coil on the x cube mini..
Please see the forum for regulated mods, and you'll see a topic called "How to Adjust AND Lock the resistance of your coil on x cube mini

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just upgraded my new evic mini VTC so that it goes to 75 watts and does stainless steel TC. What do you find your sweet spot to be, as far as temp and wattage with the Crown .25 coil? Or the .5 for that matter. Right now I'm vaping the .25 at 75 watts, at 265 C in Temp SS mode. It seems pretty warm. Should I dial back the wattage and increase the temp? I know it's sort of individual preference, but I'd like to get some input. Also, do you notice TC saving battery or draining battery faster. It's supposed to extend battery life, but I noticed the opposite with the istick 40 in temp mode. It drained it quicker.
I'm vaping a dual ss coil build on my rta at 350°f/28w on my VTC Mini and I do notice that I get less battery life on a full charge. Not sure why, from what I understand tc is supposed to give you longer batt life.

I am new temp control but I find a .28 or .30 55-60 watts 250 degrees is working out great for me

VU Sponsors