ss316 build help

Discussion in 'Coil Building' started by Rincones, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Rincones

Rincones New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm wanting on some 24g ss wire wondering what are good builds that are worth doin thanks

2. Neunerball

Neunerball Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Take a look at http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp. Click the How it works, read, play around with it. It'll give you a guideline for your build(s).

3. Rincones

Rincones New Member

Blog Posts:
    Have a laisimo 200w and just lookin for some good flav and cloud production not to much mellow builds

4. BlowinSmoke

BlowinSmoke New Member

Blog Posts:
    A 8 wrap dual coil around a 3mm bit will give u around 0.2ohms, even on my mech it produces big clouds and nice flavour.

Ive made some clapton, currently using a single 24g/28g ss 316l 5 wrap fused clapton guess it was on a 2.4mm comes out to 0.16 ohms. the flavour is amazing and those clouds ohhh

Rincones likes this.
  5. JERUS

JERUS Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    For a simple build just twist it up (look up twisted builds) and wrap up a coil. If you're up to it and have the wire I really enjoyed the 24g fused clapton I made the other day.

IMO I'd at least twist it up, it's easy enough and just takes a few minutes. I find it better all around compared to just a strait wire build.

6. Kormiro

Kormiro Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Maybe try something like this...
    [​IMG]
    or like this...
    [​IMG]
    ;)

Sun Valley and Rincones like this.
  7. Rincones

Rincones New Member

Blog Posts:
    What temp and watts do u vape at? And nice builds I'm not new to builds like thoses but just never messed with ss well I just got it today so hopefully comes out good

8. Kormiro

Blog Posts:
    In power mode usually 19W. In TC mode 250°C (480°F), 20W, TCR 92 (VTC mini).
    She needs more work in removing the hot spots, compared with Kanthal. ;)

Rincones likes this.
  9. Rincones

Rincones New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks kormiro that's was helpfull... I'm on a 24g 10 wrap 3mm at .34 at 40 watt and 285 good smooth vape cloud and flavor. Hey on a another note are ss coils supposed to look like Copper?

10. Kormiro

Blog Posts:
    Color appears as a result of tempering the steel.
    [​IMG]
    source

Rincones likes this.
  11. Rincones

Rincones New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ok so since I dry fired them to get even that's why it's has the appearance as if I vape at 400 I get it now .... Not the best pic lol IMAG0092_1.jpg

Kormiro likes this.
  12. antikryst

antikryst New Member

Blog Posts:
    Just got me some 24 and 26 ss steel too. Does it wick ok with 10 wraps? Is it spaced?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

13. Synphul

Synphul Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Just keep in mind that ss316L doesn't have the same resistance as say kanthal. Going more complex with multiple strands of 24g is going to drop your resistance pretty quick, typically ss complex builds use slightly smaller gauge wire to avoid dropping resistance down super low.

Something like a twisted 24g ss316L with 2 strands (simple twisted), 5 wraps with a 3mm diameter coil is going to drop you down to around .2 ohms. A 3 wire twisted 24g will take you down to around .12 or .13 ohms with 5 wraps.

Not sure what resistance you're figuring on but something to consider. Due to the fairly low resistance of ss you may have to go a couple more wraps than you're used to. 24g ss316L acts more like 20g kanthal A1.