Become a Patron!

SS316l Staple staggered fused clapton from XFKM?

Has anyone tried these out? I seem to have an odd sidetaste with these coils for first tank or two, has anyone else tested these out? also would Ni80 be better than SS316l? Cheers! :)

Also ss seem to have extra low resistance even with massive coils like this, only 0.7 omhs with 4 wraps of this giant, kills the batteries quite quick in Vaporesso Polar

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't comment on these coils from experience, but they are getting reasonable reviews on Fasttech. I see comments that the coils benefit from a few dry burns to get rid of anything left over from the manufacturing process left on them, but nothing that would worry me too much. I do that with all my coils anyway.

SS wire has lower resistance than NiChrome (Ni80), and way lower than Kanthal of the same gauge and length. IMO there is no reason different wire materials will have more or less 'funky flavor' at first. That is probably most dependant on how clean the wire is.

The resistance of our coils in regulated mods has very little impact on how long the batteries last. This is all about the watts we vape at.

Hope this helps a bit. Vape on @TheXO :cool:

I can't comment on these coils from experience, but they are getting reasonable reviews on Fasttech. I see comments that the coils benefit from a few dry burns to get rid of anything left over from the manufacturing process left on them, but nothing that would worry me too much. I do that with all my coils anyway.

SS wire has lower resistance than NiChrome (Ni80), and way lower than Kanthal of the same gauge and length. IMO there is no reason different wire materials will have more or less 'funky flavor' at first. That is probably most dependant on how clean the wire is.

The resistance of our coils in regulated mods has very little impact on how long the batteries last. This is all about the watts we vape at.

Hope this helps a bit. Vape on @TheXO :cool:
Yeah, day 3 and the taste is gone though stainless steel coils get dirty so fast

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, day 3 and the taste is gone though stainless steel coils get dirty so fast

I have vaped the same build (gauge, wraps, wicking and watts) in identical atties alternately for a week, but SS in one and Kanthal in the other. I could tell no difference in my vape experience in any way.

IMO, if you are seeing worse performance from SS compared to something else it's probably something other than the material that's causing it.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Stop buying cheap Chinese machine wrapped coils....just my 2 cents

Last edited by a moderator:

VU Sponsors