Become a Patron!

Stacked mech mods & cheap volt meters from wish don't mix!

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I recently got my first stack mech tube, vaperz cloud septre. I was trying to check the voltage on very cheap volt meter from wish, which I didn't know was broken at the time. Long story shot, firing the mod into it somehow caused one battery to steal all the charge from the other. I know this because I had used the mod for like w hours straight, after I tried to check it both batteries was really really warm. The mod would no longer fire with an atty. So I checked my batteries in a regulated mod. One was now fully charged and the other was completely dead
I'm talking zero volts the regulated mod wouldn't even power on with it. I threw the dead battery out, should I also trash the one that was fully charged, I'm think if it stole all the power from the other one it prolly overcharged? I think anyways.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Edited (im in a mood apparently)

I dunno dude, but for the price of 2 new batteries i would play it safe. I only use regulated mods so i really dunno, sounds odd

Last edited:

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
It was super odd. Lol I thought maybe I had one of the batteries upside down but I'm pretty chen but I pretty sure I checked before firing it

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If you had a battery upside down you would have been holding a pipe bomb until something gave.
It's possible that one of the two cells shorted out causing it not to explode in your hand.

This is a VERY advanced device. @gadget! may be able to help.
I mostly use regulated mods.

I pulled up this pic from doing a search.
What color is yours OP?

Also, Please check your atty regularly to make sure the 510 center pin is sticking out far enough.
Hybrid top connection mods can be tricky.

1686625178107.png

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Mech mods are really quite simple, it's all the other variable that need to be exactly right or you can have serious problems.
With a series mod the batteries have to be in the same orientation (usually both positive up).
You need to carefully inspect you battery wraps for any tears or nicks.
The 510 pin on your RDA or RTA has to protrude past the threads on the base.
And on a series mod you must use a higher ohm build, as a good starting point I would suggest between 0.4 to 0.5 ohms.
If all of the above is in line I would suspect it was a problem with the Wish ohm reader.

I keep this picture to remind me about how important it is to know what you are doing.
In this case I didn't! It was my first parallel mod and I put one of the batteries in wrong!
21d81b41f813778e82abf20605ee18fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mech mods are really quite simple, it's all the other variable that need to be exactly right or you can have serious problems.
With a series mod the batteries have to be in the same orientation (usually both positive up).
And on a series mod you must use a higher ohm build, as a good starting point I would suggest between 0.4 to 0.5 ohms.
If all of the above is in line I would suspect it was a problem with the Wish ohm reader.

I keep this picture to remind me about how important it is to know what you are doing.
In this case I didn't! It was my first parallel mod and I put one of the batteries in wrong!

What was it b4 you gogo gadget melted it?

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
If you had a battery upside down you would have been holding a pipe bomb until something gave.
It's possible that one of the two cells shorted out causing it not to explode in your hand.

This is a VERY advanced device. @gadget! may be able to help.
I mostly use regulated mods.

I pulled up this pic from doing a search.
What color is yours OP?

Also, Please check your atty regularly to make sure the 510 center pin is sticking out far enough.
Hybrid top connection mods can be tricky.

View attachment 205399
Mine is matte black, and I really don't think I had the batteries in wrong. I checked like 3 times. I believe it was where I was sending the power into nothing basically. The volt meter had a male 510 just like an atomizer does. I screwed it on to the mod and tightened it to much and broke it lose but I didn't know I had broke. Then I was firing it and completing the circuit because the 510 was still in the mod,

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor

Geez yeah I have to be more careful. I always put on upside down in DNA mod but the only problem it causes with that one is it won't turn, not an explosion lol

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Geez yeah I have to be more careful. I always put on upside down in DNA mod but the only problem it causes with that one is it won't turn, not an explosion lol
That's why you have to be more careful when dealing with a mech mod, the have no built in protection like a regulated mod.

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Yea, I pay way more attention those. Complacency is what gets you in trouble. I know I checked the batteries it had to be the volt meter.

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I don't think so, man. I mean it totally could be Ive never heard of a parallel tube mode but I will definitely research I finally got a build in this one I like!

Attachments

• IMG_20230627_010751922.jpg
    IMG_20230627_010751922.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Thought so. Wasn't the the 1 that was parallel and series by flipping the contacts?
No, that was the Rage.

I don't think so, man. I mean it totally could be Ive never heard of a parallel tube mode but I will definitely research I finally got a build in this one I like!
The Exile wasn't a tube mod, it was a box mod.

VU Sponsors