Become a Patron!

Staged heating for lower ohms more wattage

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I really liked my avacado, in single coil it had such great flavor.

My question is has anyone used single coil and staged not really much for staged heating but moreso just to get your ohms lower for more wattage on a mech using single coil? This seems to be a very viable option.

I am itching for that flavor but only have that atty that excelled in single coil. I really want a single coil atomizer. Like bad. I see so these flavor squonkers using single coil mechs just thought I'd try this out.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really liked my avacado, in single coil it had such great flavor.

My question is has anyone used single coil and staged not really much for staged heating but moreso just to get your ohms lower for more wattage on a mech using single coil? This seems to be a very viable option.

I am itching for that flavor but only have that atty that excelled in single coil. I really want a single coil atomizer. Like bad. I see so these flavor squonkers using single coil mechs just thought I'd try this out.

You’ve probably heard this a million times but have you looked at the wasp nano? It’s hard to find a better authentic for the price

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You’ve probably heard this a million times but have you looked at the wasp nano? It’s hard to find a better authentic for the price
Yeah, but only because what you say is true. Nothing bad has been said about

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Staged heating. I actually have been using staged fused Claptons. You will find that they work much better when using ID of 3+ mm. If you don't they will burn your cotton. Every single time I've used them with less that 3mm diameter they eventually burn my cotton.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What did you try? Can you elaborate? I haven't tried it yet
This is a staged fused Clapton
8f0bb427424b238e2d3bba8a81fc77bc.jpg

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I was asking for specifics, i.e. wire type and gauges of both the wound coil and staging wire
That was 24x36 staged with 24g. All nichrome80

It really only works well with a larger diameter. So instead of doing 6 wraps @2.5ID I do 5 wraps on 3.0ID. I have found that it may just be too long with 2.5 ID causing burn out inside the coil.

That build is pretty good for a single coil.

Sorry I didn't answer your question

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That was 24x36 staged with 24g. All nichrome80

It really only works well with a larger diameter. So instead of doing 6 wraps @2.5ID I do 5 wraps on 3.0ID. I have found that it may just be too long with 2.5 ID causing burn out inside the coil.

That build is pretty good for a single coil.

Sorry I didn't answer your question

Thanks man :)

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks man :)
problem this works very very well with 5 wraps, staged with multicored builds but the ID has to be 3mm or above. It seems to burn the center every damn time on my usual 2.5 ID. I used that mad rabbit low resistance 24g... Mmm such great FLAVOR

VU Sponsors