Become a Patron!

Staggered fused Clapton tutorial

s20700134

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Knocked out a staggered fused Clapton build. I've done it cleaner, but the tutorial aspect of it is on point I think. Tell me what you guys think. And if you like it, feel free to either subscribe or give a thumbs up. We(the team at the shop I work at) will be posting new vids often.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ill check it out and maybe build by it after work, see how it turns out. Never made staggered before.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gave er a shot. Didnt think through the spacing, so its basically a parallel clapton with 36 wire holding it together. lol

4zw56s.jpg

s20700134

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Consistent spacing is key. Start off by making the initial Clapton cores' outside extra spaced out. It's a lot easier to work with. Also might get more flavor out. Possibly faster ramping because of less density

s20700134

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Or even for starters half staggered fused; fusing a spaced Clapton to a wire.
Like this. Disregard the other wire all in the mix.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 154

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Knocked out a staggered fused Clapton build. I've done it cleaner, but the tutorial aspect of it is on point I think. Tell me what you guys think. And if you like it, feel free to either subscribe or give a thumbs up. We(the team at the shop I work at) will be posting new vids often.
I am jealous. And I want to call it barbed wire.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Quick tip, I found out UD spooled clapton wire is wrapped with two wires (one 26g wrapped w/ parallel 32g. Not the single 26g wrapped with a single 32g wire that the spool states) also if your careful and you unwrap one wire (2x the length of Clapton that u need for each coil) you can cut the now 'spaced Clapton' in half, (leave the length of 32 you unwrapped attached for the second wrap) you've got one hell of a start! Don't worry about trying to straighten out the pre-Claptoned wire either, it will all work out if you keep at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mithril

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Isn't that too much cotton?
I once packed almost as much as the guy in the video and the taste was off, like burnt hair :)

Guyando115

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Very interesting, I'll give it a try. Never made a spaced Clapton but want to learn. Practice practice practice!

Built my first staggered fused clapton coils tonight turned out ok.1556401080773.jpg

VU Sponsors