Become a Patron!

Staggering ribbon stack??

da_whomp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
whats going on fam. Hope everyone is having a good week so far. I've been struggling with staggering ribbon stacks for staple stags, staggertons, etc. For round wire I use the weighted method where you wrap a couple times in the spacing with the same gauged fusing wire. But for ribbon it definitely doesn't stagger half as smooth, the edges of the ribbon get caught and funky funk happens and then I yell loud. Just wondering if you vet builders have any tips or methods you guys use yourself. Any help/tips/tricks with builds that ribbon is used will definitely help me out. Right on thanks in advanced. Keeps on a vaping.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You gotta paraclap ribbon to get perfect spacing and if you need 2 stacks to line up you have to paraclap at the exact same angle the entire way.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

da_whomp

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You gotta paraclap ribbon to get perfect spacing and if you need 2 stacks to line up you have to paraclap at the exact same angle the entire way.

Ughhh got it. I was afraid of that, I guess it's
worth a shot every once in awhile, I hate the thought of wastin wire like that. I waste enough funkin up builds haha

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can loop it easily but like most variations of the loop method, the spacing won't match up. If you're doing a staggerton that doesn't really matter unless you're skip staggering or making a double stuffed staggerton.
You'll probably use more wire getting the loop to work than if you'd learned to paraclap.
Learning the loop method was the biggest mistake in my build career for that reason, once I needed it I didn't know how to do it.

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everything white owl said. Because of injuries to my hand im forced to wind the wire onto small spools to paraclap. Its a pain literally but its the only way to get it perfect. If my hand is really bad i still sometimes resort to weighted loop method too. A trick i found when staggering ribbon stacks is to make your loop with Kanthal. It holds up better to the sharp edges of ribbon it still only works right when the stack is close to square like 4x.4/.1

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just put 2 spools in 2 ziplock sandwich bags, zip them up 2/3rds of the way and let them feed your wire. Sit them on the floor sitting upright and hold them up with your feet.

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just put 2 spools in 2 ziplock sandwich bags, zip them up 2/3rds of the way and let them feed your wire. Sit them on the floor sitting upright and hold them up with your feet.

Ok thank you i dont know if that will work for me. Im a parapeligic so I cant hold it with my feet. But ill try to figure it out next time i do a stag.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Enjoy! ;)
EDIT ─ The build tutorial starts after 16 minutes 30 seconds.

VU Sponsors