Become a Patron!

Stainless Steel Coils

So I've been vaping for a couple years but I was only using the cheap pen that everyone starts out on. I recently did an entire upgrade and decided to start sub-ohm vaping. Something I just started reading about was using stainless steel coils with temperature control and I didn't know that when I made my purchase. I thought I did enough research but as it turns out I was wrong. I have a Herakles Plus tank with a .2 ohm ss coil and I'm vaping on the iStick 100watt. Do I just have to be careful to not overuse my vape at one time or am I just stuck between a rock and a hard place since I'm low on cash because its the holidays. Any help would be awesome!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not entirely sure what you're asking here, but I'll take a shot. Temperature control limits the ability to get a nasty dry hit.
Now your set up does not have this feature, so the only thing you need to worry about is running your Herakles dry. If your wattage is too high, the wick will not be able to keep saturated and you'll wind up with a dry hit. More obviously, if you run your tank dry without noticing, you will get a dry hit.
So don't go too high with the wattage and keep an eye on your juice level.

Temp control mods will "notice" that your coil is getting hot too fast and dial down the wattage automatically so you won't get a dry hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors