Become a Patron!

Stainless Steel

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m a nichrome user looking to try TCR with SS. Should I go with 316? 316L?.....?

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don’t notice any taste difference. I’ve only used ni80 and stainless steel from AVS and if either is good quality, the taste will be good with either one. I’ve used poorer quality stainless pre made coils before and found the ramp up to be slower compared to ni80 but with AVS I don’t find that at all.

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don’t notice any taste difference. I’ve only used ni80 and stainless steel from AVS and if either is good quality, the taste will be good with either one. I’ve used poorer quality stainless pre made coils before and found the ramp up to be slower compared to ni80 but with AVS I don’t find that at all.

Good deal.. thanks a lot!

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don’t notice any taste difference. I’ve only used ni80 and stainless steel from AVS and if either is good quality, the taste will be good with either one. I’ve used poorer quality stainless pre made coils before and found the ramp up to be slower compared to ni80 but with AVS I don’t find that at all.[/QUOTE

By the way, what resistance and temp do you recommend for a first time?

VU Sponsors