Become a Patron!

Stand-alone flavor - TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Stephan1eMitchell

Member For 4 Years
I would like to try Vanilla Bean Ice Cream as a stand-alone flavor.

I have only used Flavor Art flavors so far, which I hear are more concentrated than most others.

What percentage of TFA Vanilla Bean would work as a stand-alone flavor? 8% maybe??

70% VG, 12mg nic

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use TFA Vanilla bean Ice Cream as a stand alone at around 5%. Might be a good starting point for you to try but since taste is subjective you will probably need to adjust your percentage more to your liking after that.

Larry J

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Stephan1eMitchell, please clarify whether you are using TFA (The Flavor Apprentice) flavoring or FlavourArt (FA) flavoring. Big difference between percentages for the two.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd start with the 5% that @The.Drifter recommended and go up from there. Some "supertasters" get a black pepper nuance from this flavoring, some just taste a creamy vanilla. You'd know which category you fall under with the minimal percentage to start. ;)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't use it stand alone. I do use it often tho. Its a great flavor. I go through ALOT. Its popular with strawberry blends. Which I love.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would like to try Vanilla Bean Ice Cream as a stand-alone flavor.

I have only used Flavor Art flavors so far, which I hear are more concentrated than most others.

What percentage of TFA Vanilla Bean would work as a stand-alone flavor? 8% maybe??

70% VG, 12mg nic

Pretty Decent Ice Cream Mix (just an fyi)
4% TFA VBIC
2% TFA Dairy Milk
1% INW Biscuit
1% FA Marshmallow

So stand alone probably 5-6% IMO
You can always go higher if needed

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
VBIC isn't much of a stand alone to me, but I used it at ~4% and it was alright. It goes good with ~.5% FA marshmallow and a little bit of your favorite cream, and .5% FA polar blast if you want it nice and cold. It goes nice with a small amount FA mango or FA raspberry.

I used it at 8% with some strawberry to make a cheat 'mustard milk', and for me it overpowered the strawberry, but it gave a great vanilla beat ice cream flavour at that percentage

VU Sponsors