Become a Patron!

Stand alone flavours

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello all.
Finally all my DIY stuff as arrived. As l am starting out in the DIY world, l would very much appreciate any stand alone flavours and stand alone shake and vapes that anyone has or is trying/using.
My tank is a Smok TFV4 nano and l also have a Smok TFV4 micro (in an unopened box). Not sure of the tank information is useful but l thought that l would include it anyway.
Thank you for your time.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favorite single flavors are FA Forest Mix around 6 percent, Citrus Mix at 5, Pomegranate at 5...those are all fruits, I know. Bakery flavors take a bit more finesse, I've found.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My favorite single flavors are FA Forest Mix around 6 percent, Citrus Mix at 5, Pomegranate at 5...those are all fruits, I know. Bakery flavors take a bit more finesse, I've found.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone
Thank you. I do like fruit flavours and sweet flavours. I have put your information in my little book.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA kiwi 5%
FA citrus mix 4%
TFA rainbow drops 8% (good, but better with other fruits and at lower%)
Tfa acai 5%

These are the only ones I have been really happy with in single flavors from my stash.

Quite a few simple 2 flavor mixes tho that seem to work better.

6%tfa strawberry ripe, 2.5% fa fuji
5% tfa juicy peach 5%tfa mandarin
4% fa lemon sicily 2% fa raspberry
6-8% tfa dragonfruit 6% tfa juicy peach
4% tfa absinthe 7% tfa strawberry ripe (good n plentys)

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
FA kiwi 5%
FA citrus mix 4%
TFA rainbow drops 8% (good, but better with other fruits and at lower%)
Tfa acai 5%

These are the only ones I have been really happy with in single flavors from my stash.

Quite a few simple 2 flavor mixes tho that seem to work better.

6%tfa strawberry ripe, 2.5% fa fuji
5% tfa juicy peach 5%tfa mandarin
4% fa lemon sicily 2% fa raspberry
6-8% tfa dragonfruit 6% tfa juicy peach
4% tfa absinthe 7% tfa strawberry ripe (good n plentys)
Thank you very much. Will go into my little book for now. l will put in an order for all flavours suggested

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don’t vape anything standalone generally unless almost ran out of mixes or being very lazy. Ones I don’t mind stand alone are:

Inawera AM4A – A pipe tobacco but very smooth vanillery almost chocolaty, one concentrate I could happily vape stand alone as its simple yet complex

Flavour Art Soho – Another tobacco, fresh clean cigarette, almost biscuit like

Inawera Blue Dwarf – Blueberry with light bubblegum

Solub Arome Doughnut – Decent doughnut on its own

FA Monsoon – Candied fruit like vanilla cake

FA Aurora – Complex limey hints of lemon and kiwi in it

All mine are not used much in recipes online unless you like tobacco mixes so prob not best choices for someone starting DIY but they are the only ones I have liked stand alone

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Call me DIY Lazy Bones. Most of my vaping are standalone's. I have the best luck with Inawera and Flavorah. Right now I'm vaping INW Lemon Cake at 1.5% that sat for a month. Once you nail the right percentage that suits your taste. They're really enjoyable. Flavorist's work hard designing flavorings. I enjoy tasting their creations :)

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don’t vape anything standalone generally unless almost ran out of mixes or being very lazy. Ones I don’t mind stand alone are:

Inawera AM4A – A pipe tobacco but very smooth vanillery almost chocolaty, one concentrate I could happily vape stand alone as its simple yet complex

Flavour Art Soho – Another tobacco, fresh clean cigarette, almost biscuit like

Inawera Blue Dwarf – Blueberry with light bubblegum

Solub Arome Doughnut – Decent doughnut on its own

FA Monsoon – Candied fruit like vanilla cake

FA Aurora – Complex limey hints of lemon and kiwi in it

All mine are not used much in recipes online unless you like tobacco mixes so prob not best choices for someone starting DIY but they are the only ones I have liked stand alone
Thank you for your time. Lots of me to choose from here!

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Call me DIY Lazy Bones. Most of my vaping are standalone's. I have the best luck with Inawera and Flavorah. Right now I'm vaping INW Lemon Cake at 1.5% that sat for a month. Once you nail the right percentage that suits your taste. They're really enjoyable. Flavorist's work hard designing flavorings. I enjoy tasting their creations :)
lol, yes it seems that you do enjoy their creations individual, which is just what l am after. Thank you for your contribution.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Right now I started with Liquid Barn Flavorings but since I am now looking to get much more creative I am looking at others. The LB Honeydew makes my mouth water when I vape it by the way.
Sounds right up my street, thank you.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That standalone Honeydew became many new recipes over time even though I still have it solo. I made a Peachy Dew Berry and a few others. One of the benefits of DIY and standalone flavors is doing the Tank Mix. Throw a few flavors together and vape it in a tank if it turns out good hopefully you kept notes. If not you have a nice smelling drain cleaner.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That standalone Honeydew became many new recipes over time even though I still have it solo. I made a Peachy Dew Berry and a few others. One of the benefits of DIY and standalone flavors is doing the Tank Mix. Throw a few flavors together and vape it in a tank if it turns out good hopefully you kept notes. If not you have a nice smelling drain cleaner.
Genius!!! Do you measure or just drop them in?...So mentioning that l had tanks was not silly after all. I plan to mix by weight but l see may benifits to this genius method:idea:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like Cap Tangerine @14-15%. (Others like it far lower :))

Ron
---
"If I were young, fast, healthy, and had a lot of money and my whole sex life ahead of me, I'd retire - like Secretariat."- Dick Butkus

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use mainly Nautilus Mini Tanks which has a graduated marking on the side. I call these spur of the moment concoctions my Mood Mixes. Sometimes in the middle of a tank of one of my DIY mixes I get bored and grab something to throw in. Sometimes a creation is so good I should have kept notes but didn't.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New favorite.. Flavorah lime at 2%. Very concentrated, but still expensive. The bright sweet and tart lip smaking popsicle like lime slushie vape.

FA Lemon Silicy great italian ice like tasting lemon
FA White Peach bright & delicious
FA Fuji Bright fuji apple. Great taste.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use mainly Nautilus Mini Tanks which has a graduated marking on the side. I call these spur of the moment concoctions my Mood Mixes. Sometimes in the middle of a tank of one of my DIY mixes I get bored and grab something to throw in. Sometimes a creation is so good I should have kept notes but didn't.
OK, when l tought about it l do a smiliar thing. When l got my Smok TFV4 mini and was waiting for higher VG juices to arrive (which took ages). I ordered non nic juice and pure VG juice from eBay (they arrived the next day) Put them in the tank with a few drops of 12mg flavoured nic that l used with my old set up and my concoctions tasted wonderful. Never thought to do it with a concentrate.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
New favorite.. Flavorah lime at 2%. Very concentrated, but still expensive. The bright sweet and tart lip smaking popsicle like lime slushie vape.

Thank you for your input. I will end up with quite a stash. I didn't think many people would respond as most folk mix flavours.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am not using the concentrated flavorings to mix in the tank I am using the finished e-Liquids to mix flavors. Although I have experimented with flavors by adding a DROP to 1 or 2ML in a tank.

vapekitten420

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all.
Finally all my DIY stuff as arrived. As l am starting out in the DIY world, l would very much appreciate any stand alone flavours and stand alone shake and vapes that anyone has or is trying/using.
My tank is a Smok TFV4 nano and l also have a Smok TFV4 micro (in an unopened box). Not sure of the tank information is useful but l thought that l would include it anyway.
Thank you for your time.
cap lemon lime at 8 to 10 % is a very good flavor add 4 % sweet strawberry makes it even better. you will find that strawberry lemon lime and blueberry are probably the 3 easiest flavors to work with as a beginner imo.

vapekitten420

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all.
Thank you for your time.
also a little advise for you, the tfv4 don't have a ton of flavor with the stock coils, the coils burn up rather quick, but the rba coils, (the dual coil Clapton rba) work really well in the micro, the single coil rba doesn't wick well for me, plus it will save you a ton of money, those tfv4 coils are pricey.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Ron
---
"If I were young, fast, healthy, and had a lot of money and my whole sex life ahead of me, I'd retire - like Secretariat."- Dick Butkus
Thank you Ron.
"Age is just a couple of numbers. Swap your motorbike for a car then you would have horse power, so no need to retire like Secretariat. You can drive super fast if you like! You are saving money by DIY! And you are healthier due to vaping! Well your not dead yet so sex is still possible"-Gingerbread

Last edited:

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
also a little advise for you, the tfv4 don't have a ton of flavor with the stock coils, the coils burn up rather quick, but the rba coils, (the dual coil Clapton rba) work really well in the micro, the single coil rba doesn't wick well for me, plus it will save you a ton of money, those tfv4 coils are pricey.
Thank you for your input and advice. The nano is my first tank so to me l get loads of flavour, but l have not tried any others. The micro is still boxed.l will take heed of your advice. Yes the coils are pricey!

vapekitten420

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for your input and advice. The nano is my first tank so to me l get loads of flavour, but l have not tried any others. The micro is still boxed.l will take heed of your advice. Yes the coils are pricey!
yw

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am not using the concentrated flavorings to mix in the tank I am using the finished e-Liquids to mix flavors. Although I have experimented with flavors by adding a DROP to 1 or 2ML in a tank.
I thought it was too good to be true,lol. But one or two drops is better than nothing!

vapekitten420

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you Ron.
"Age is just a couple of numbers. Swap your motorbike for a car then you would have horse power, so no need to retire like Secretariat. You can drive super fast if you like! You are saving money by DIY! And you are healthier due to vaping! Well your not dead yet so sex is still possible"-Gingerbread
I have that one and I tried it on my finger and it is really weak. so I would say 15% would be about the starting point on that one. but haven't mixed it so really just assuming. does it liven up in a mix?

vapekitten420

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have that one and I tried it on my finger and it is really weak. so I would say 15% would be about the starting point on that one. but haven't mixed it so really just assuming. does it liven up in a mix?
sorry wrong comment lol

vapekitten420

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

---I have that one and I tried it on my finger and it is really weak. so I would say 15% would be about the starting point on that one. but haven't mixed it so really just assuming. does it liven up in a mix?

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I will let you know if it gets lively!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Be very careful about tasting flavorings some are so potent that can be a WAKE UP of your taste buds. I will taste my mixes but others have said they will NEVER do that ever again after tasting a concentrate!

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Be very careful about tasting flavorings some are so potent that can be a WAKE UP of your taste buds. I will taste my mixes but others have said they will NEVER do that ever again after tasting a concentrate!
OK

vapekitten420

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it wont hurt you if you just drip a drop on your finger and let the biggest part of the drop run off then touch it to your tongue I do that all the time to get an idea about what its like. cap flavors are pretty hot though. I make sure to have a bottle of water handy. lol

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i too really like the INW Lemon Cake stand alone or with a touch of FA Apricot

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Daintanee,, what %'s do you use? shake and vape,, to long steep? tia :)

LarryPer123

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like Capella cause they are not that heavily concentrated and are more forgiving
Dont buy from there web site cause the shipping is $12 go to maybe Wizard labs

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@kross8 I taste flavor quite well imo, so many may wish to use a higher % than I do.

The Flavorah Lime @2% Shake n Vape is great for me. I can't say personally yet if this will loose potency during a steep, but reviews say it does not.

I prefer zesty zippy flavors so in general I do not steep anything unless I am told to, and then that is a struggle for me.

FA Lemon Silicy 3% no steeping. Also Good with FA Custard 1-1.5%

FA Fuji Apple 2% no steeping

FA White Peach 2-3% no steeping. ( 1% FA White Peach w/ 2% FA Peach is very good also. I'll also add 1% of TFA Black honey tobacco for a honey flavor, does not taste tabaccoey to me. FA 7 leaves at 1% along with the black honey and peaches give it a nice slight taste of anise as well. The above 4 flavors are one of my favorite vapes. Sometimes I will do 3% FA Peach with 1.5% FA White Peach for super peach flavor.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@kross8 I taste flavor quite well imo, so many may wish to use a higher % than I do.

The Flavorah Lime @2% Shake n Vape is great for me. I can't say personally yet if this will loose potency during a steep, but reviews say it does not.

I prefer zesty zippy flavors so in general I do not steep anything unless I am told to, and then that is a struggle for me.

FA White Peach 2-3% no steeping. ( 1% FA White Peach w/ 2% FA Peach is very good also. I'll also add 1% of TFA Black honey tobacco for a honey flavor, does not taste tabaccoey to me. FA 7 leaves at 1% along with the black honey and peaches give it a nice slight taste of anise as well. The above 4 flavors are one of my favorite vapes. Sometimes I will do 3% FA Peach with 1.5% FA White Peach for super peach flavor.
Wow. Thank you so much. Shake n vapes are right up my street.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

cooooool! THANKS! i have all of those flavors (what's the odds of that lol-except the tobaccos which i dont care for) AND all of those flavors i can taste......as you know, raspberry refuses to be my friend :( she dont know me at 0.5 to 4.0,, she's lucky i dont toss her to the curb!

VU Sponsors