Become a Patron!

Stand Alone's for TFA or FA?

JTR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got my first batch of flavorings from TFA last week, and began mixing my first batches, none of which tasted as good as the ones that are store bought. I tried mixing Tongue Fuck and Peanut Butter, but they came out pretty bad. After steeping for a few days, it really has made a difference in taste, much better but still not the top quality I want.

I was wondering if there were any flavorings from TFA or FA that could be used as a standalone, using only the one flavoring and the regular pg/vg/nic mix?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I kinda doubt any of the store bought juice is single flavor only, but I may be wrong.

You could probably do:
TFA Blueberry Wild at 5%(revised) to start, (although I mix it with Custard, Vanilla, Cream, Cheesecake, etc.)
TFA Cinnamon Danish 5-12% depending on how strong you like it.

FA Cookie 2-6% ?
FA Joy 2-3%

FW Butter Pecan 11%
FW Hazelnut 5-10%
FW Blackberry 2-3%

Check out the "all things Capella" thread too.
Many can be used stand alone.

Last edited:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Capella Horchata @10% stand alone is one of my favorite vapes. I always keep 30mls steeping, always. It's that good.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Capella Horchata @10% stand alone is one of my favorite vapes. I always keep 30mls steeping, always. It's that good.
Have you tried the TFA Horchata?
I find the TFA Horchata to be way overpowered by cinnamon. Is it the same with Capella?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tons of great standalones...my favorites:

FA Forest Mix
FA Citrus Mix
FA Pomegranate
FA almost anything (though most benefit from a blend)
TFA...well I'm sure there's something, I use them mostly in mixes

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried the TFA Horchata?
I find the TFA Horchata to be way overpowered by cinnamon. Is it the same with Capella?
I haven't tried TFA regular. I have TFA Hochata smooth but it doesn't seem to have the same balance as Capallas. Capallas Hochata has a great non-overpowering cinnamon and the mouth feel is great. I heard the same regarding TFA regular Horchata that's why I ordered Capallas and always will. I like to let it steep for at least a week. I feel it's well worth the $2.50 to add to your next order. (I mix 2mg 30/70-PG/VG) Why are my letters so bold? How do I get them back to normal?

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the reply.
I will definitely give the Capella one a shot.
If you edit your reply, it should give you an option to change from bold to regular

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the reply.
I will definitely give the Capella one a shot.
If you edit your reply, it should give you an option to change from bold to regular
I think you'll like it, if you enjoy Horchata. I wish I could get the same "feel" from my other mixes that I get from this simple single flavor. My letters are back to normal.... Thanks

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you familiar with the actual drink itself?
If so, how does the capella compare?

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never had the actual drink. I got hooked on Horchata when I was buying juice from Mad Town. I loved their Horchata smooth, but like Capella much better. I have a few recipes that I never actually had in "real life" that I enjoy. I like looking up actual recipes then try to replicate them to juice e.g Figgy Pudding and Torrija. I have no clue if they taste like the real thing, but I enjoy them.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very cool...
Hopefully I will find some of your recipes in the DIY recipe section :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used my tfa horchata once and agree on the overpowering cinnamon taste. Thanks for the tip, will order capella. ;)

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I knew how to get that creamy rice milk flavor. I'd love to work with it. I think it would go great with some fruits, especially if I could find the right banana. I need a over-ripe banana flavor like the bananas the bugs are flying around I use in my food version of banana bread. TFA ripe just doesn't do it for me. It seems no matter how low I go with it all I tastes is weird, no too healthy banana something and nothing else in the mix.

captentrips

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tfa Swedish Gummy. Tastes just like the candy. I like it around 8%.

Fw Fruit Line Gum. Tastes just like Fruit Stripe Gum. 6%.

Fa Tutti Fruitti. Tastes like Juicy Fruit Gum. 3 or 4 %.

Tfa Rainbow Drops. Tastes like a mouthful of mixed Skittles. 5%.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forest Fruit & Summer Clouds, those are two that I simply can't place in a mix properly to my tastes - so I'd throw those into the single mix category.

I dig tobaccos, Burley and Perique straight are great. Storm is good straight as well.

Soho at 10% is decent, but I grew tired of it a bit faster than I usually do with flavors. YMMV

edit: all above are FA

VU Sponsors