Become a Patron!

Starter kit comparison?

JessyV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have had several of you guys recommend the iStick 30w for me to start with. Just wanted a little comparison of the iStick and this starter kit before I purchase.

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/best-of-the-best-e-cig-starter-kit.html
I guess it is a customized order with the battery choices of :
MFS Spinnder 2 Variable Voltage 1600 mAh ego battery or
Smoke eMax VV / VW 1300 mAh battery or
Innokin iTaste VV V3.0 battery (needs it's own charger)

with these tank options:
Aspire ET-S BDC Glassomizer 1.8ohm or
Kanger Aerotank BDC Glassomizer w/ airflow control or
Aspire Nautilus Mini (BVC) Tank Clearomizer

I keep hearing good things about the Nautilus mini tank. But I'm wondering if it would be a better choice to get the iStick 30w with the nautilus mini or one of these other batteries? ^^ I know I should probably get two setups for back up.
The price for the kit I layed out above isn't bad (i think), but I'm just wondering about quality + good price.
Are any of these options (including the iStick) something I can build onto in the future? If so that would be nice, but if not, that's ok too because I am just about to be starting out.
Not too wild about the boxy-ness of the iStick, but if it is highly recommended for starting out above these other options, I am totally willing to suck it up and try it out. (no pun intended)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would go with the Istick before the spinner batteries.

As far as the box design? Makes it real easy to set it down on the table and not get knocked over or fall off.

And you may wish to consider the Subtank Mini. It comes with an RBA head for when you get to the point that you wish to consider rebuilding.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As always RJ hit the nail on the head..

If you get a sub-ohm style tank like the SUBTANK, ATLANTIS, or ARCTIC - you will be a happy camper.. the nautilus is an okay tank and is enough for most people - but once you try a sub-ohm tank the flavor is just a million times better and theres just no turning back (you will burn through juice a lot faster though)

The istick 30w will be a perfect first device to start out with.. its compact, lasts a long time before charges, and can put out enough power to keep you vaping happy.. I second his recommendations

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that you can still get wicks for the Subtank's that are NOT sub-ohm - they give you the option for .5 or 1.2 so if you want to take a little step back you can switch between the 2

JessyV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great, thanks for the info guys! Looks like I will be getting an iStick 30w with the nautilus mini tank to start out with and get a subtank later on once I get used to vaping. ^_^

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great, thanks for the info guys! Looks like I will be getting an iStick 30w with the nautilus mini tank to start out with and get a subtank later on once I get used to vaping. ^_^

Sounds like a good plan! Let us know how you like everything once you receive it all :)

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have had several of you guys recommend the iStick 30w for me to start with. Just wanted a little comparison of the iStick and this starter kit before I purchase.

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/best-of-the-best-e-cig-starter-kit.html
I guess it is a customized order with the battery choices of :
MFS Spinnder 2 Variable Voltage 1600 mAh ego battery or
Smoke eMax VV / VW 1300 mAh battery or
Innokin iTaste VV V3.0 battery (needs it's own charger)

with these tank options:
Aspire ET-S BDC Glassomizer 1.8ohm or
Kanger Aerotank BDC Glassomizer w/ airflow control or
Aspire Nautilus Mini (BVC) Tank Clearomizer

I keep hearing good things about the Nautilus mini tank. But I'm wondering if it would be a better choice to get the iStick 30w with the nautilus mini or one of these other batteries? ^^ I know I should probably get two setups for back up.
The price for the kit I layed out above isn't bad (i think), but I'm just wondering about quality + good price.
Are any of these options (including the iStick) something I can build onto in the future? If so that would be nice, but if not, that's ok too because I am just about to be starting out.
Not too wild about the boxy-ness of the iStick, but if it is highly recommended for starting out above these other options, I am totally willing to suck it up and try it out. (no pun intended)

Now, I'm a girl that lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvves her Ego style batts... and I have both the spinner 2 and the iTaste VV3.... but between those options... I would definitely go with the iStick. And if you're not concerned with high watts or sub-ohming... I would get either the 20w or 50w... I don't think the 30w is gonna be around for much longer (just a hunch).

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now, I'm a girl that lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvves her Ego style batts... and I have both the spinner 2 and the iTaste VV3.... but between those options... I would definitely go with the iStick. And if you're not concerned with high watts or sub-ohming... I would get either the 20w or 50w... I don't think the 30w is gonna be around for much longer (just a hunch).

why do you say that?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The connector on the 20 watt is crap compared to the 30 and 50. Of them, I personally like the 50 better. Also, the sub tanks seem to be primarily designed for direct lung hits. The nautilus might be better if you mouth to lung.

VU Sponsors