Become a Patron!

starter kit!

rufftimes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK gang, thinking of picking up a starter kit from the broke vaper.......question!

If you could pick any ten flavors to start that would give you a good variety of recipies to try, what would they be? Looking at primarily fruity juices for now, but open to all ideas!

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Pick out your favorite fruits and make sure you pick up some basic creams to go with them:

CAP Vanilla Custard (V.2 is diketone free, if you want to go that route)
TFA Bavarian Cream
CAP Sweet Cream

And if you like your vapes sweet, made sure you pick up some TFA Sweetener (for some this would be indispensable, for others not so much)

Check e-liquid-recipes.com for flavor ratings to help you decide. That first plunge into DIY has a steep learning curve in the beginning, after you've been doing it a while you'll know which flavors are for you and which are not.

Good luck and have fun!

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
10 great flavors to start with in my opinion:
FA forest fruit
FA coconut
TFA pineapple or cap golden pineapple
Inw shisha raspberry
Inw cactus
FA marshmallow
FA strawberry or inw shisha strawberry
FA fuji
FA kiwi
TFA juicy peach

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And, to expand on what @ceecee said about e-liquid-recipes

Find a few highly rated recipes that appeal to you and get those flavors to start.

Starting with tried and true recipes will help you learn how to use your flavors.

"Winging it" right off the bat just does not work. And flavors vary greatly. Really becomes a collectors game pretty quick as flavors are concerned. 10 flavors might seem like a good number. But realize I have over 100 flavors and realistically only like about 1/2 of them. And realistically only use about 1/4 of them all the time (if even 1/4 of them)

But, for my tastes, the flavorings I recommended are all solid and many recipes can be made with those few 10 flavorings.

rufftimes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the great info! Raspberry is definitely a must. And that's exactly the type of thing I was looking for because there are so many different companies and I know the same flavor can be very different depending on the brand you're using

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you like berries. Forrest fruit is a must. And a tiny bit of cactus really sets it off for me.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, I would ditch the "starter kit" idea.

I like Nicotine River for a vendor.
Get a liter each (at least) of pg and vg
At least 250 ml of either 60mg or 100mg nicotine
At least 10 flavors (20 is a better number) and get them in 10 ml sizes to start. Like I said, some you will not like. Trial and error. Then buy larger bottles to save money on the ones you do like.
At least 10 30ml bottles for juice

Amazon- get a scale that reads down to .01 gram. Syringes suck. Trust me. You will thank me later. Or wish you got a scale if you start with syringes. Cleaner, more accurate, quicker, less cleanup, no cross contamination of flavors.
And 3 squeeze bottles between 4oz to 8 oz size (for your pg/vg/nic)

About $100 give or take.
Same price as 2 cartons of smokes or 5 30ml bottles premium juice. And more than enough to make 70 30ml bottles.

rufftimes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
noted. but I'm in Canada.
Starter kit I'm looking at is basic no frills

1) 1L of base. (VG, PG, or premixed)
2) 10ML flavour concentrates (choose from any 5, 10, or 15 of our flavours here)
3) Flavourless base mix (choose from 60ML of 48MG or 30ML of 100MG strength)
4) 5 x empty 30ML plastic bottles (LDPE)
5) 5 x empty 10ML plastic bottles (LDPE)
6) 2 x empty 120ML plastic bottles (HDPE) with yorker caps
7) 1 x 3ml syringe
8) 1 x nitrile gloves

50 bucks, which is about 37 USD

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks legit.

Get a scale though.

And, if not a scale, will need a better assortment of syringes. 10 ml for pg and vg. Bunch of 1 ml for flavors.

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Must have FA Forest Fruit, that's my favorite. I like creams and custard.
FA Vienna cream is good
CAP Vanilla custard also good.
I use marshmallow as my sweetener but don't use it very often. Afterward all that it all over the map lol.
The broke vapers nic has got a couple good reviews on here in the diy canada thread to. I don't need a starter kit but I will need more nic and that deal is the way to go even for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
any other must have flavors guys?

Yes...but could not find them for sale @ broke vaper. :confused:

INW Shisha Strawberry
INW Peach
INW Banana

Ron
---
"Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy."- Lao Tzu