Become a Patron!

Starting DIY and want to know what flavors to start with.

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am still a dual user (analogs and vaping) and have found that when I have a good mix of vanilla and coffee I stay away from stinkies more often. Since I haven't found the magic elixir yet I decided to try my hand at diy.
My tastes are as I described before and need to know what ingredients would be used for making...
Vanilla custard, vanilla ice cream, Vanilla coffee, expresso along with anise flavor added as well as vanilla.
I do add WTA to whatever I vape since it satisfies me more than high nic juices. I do prefer a thick feeling and rich creamy vape .
I have learned a great deal from the VU forum and all you folks are great as far as I'm concerned, and trust your judgement.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got started by getting samples and trying as many flavors as I could find.
http://wholesale.heartlandvapes.com/sampler-bottled.html
20 X 10ml bottles for $25
Sample Pack - 10ml
Premium e-Liquid - Made in the USA.
This sampler pack will have random flavors (no duplicates, unless you order multiple packs)!
Sold in packs of 10 or 20

I've gotten several samples from vender contests here on VU.
Some free, some for a penny and some for the cost of S & H
I've found that I like vaping some flavors that I don't enjoy eating, and flavors I like to eat , I didn't like when vaped,
Good luck in your quest to find flavors you like

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've found that I like vaping some flavors that I don't enjoy eating, and flavors I like to eat , I didn't like when vaped,
Absolutely!

My suggestion is to order the smallest quantity possible from multiple flavor companies until you see which companies work best for you.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking directly to your tastes mentioned, I can say I've tried a lot of store-bought coffee vapes and been disappointed by all - until I started DIY and tried Flavor Art Espresso. I've made several satisfying 10ml batches, plain and with a couple creams - all winners. Bonus - the flavoring is virtually clear, so I don't end up with dark, wick-gunking coffee juices like I've bought elsewhere. Good luck!

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Speaking directly to your tastes mentioned, I can say I've tried a lot of store-bought coffee vapes and been disappointed by all - until I started DIY and tried Flavor Art Espresso. I've made several satisfying 10ml batches, plain and with a couple creams - all winners. Bonus - the flavoring is virtually clear, so I don't end up with dark, wick-gunking coffee juices like I've bought elsewhere. Good luck!
Thanks OB, What creams and other flavors did you add , if you dont mind me asking.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am still a dual user (analogs and vaping) and have found that when I have a good mix of vanilla and coffee I stay away from stinkies more often. Since I haven't found the magic elixir yet I decided to try my hand at diy.
My tastes are as I described before and need to know what ingredients would be used for making...
Vanilla custard, vanilla ice cream, Vanilla coffee, expresso along with anise flavor added as well as vanilla.
I do add WTA to whatever I vape since it satisfies me more than high nic juices. I do prefer a thick feeling and rich creamy vape .
I have learned a great deal from the VU forum and all you folks are great as far as I'm concerned, and trust your judgement.
anise

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love dessert type creamy flavors, but they did not help me quit smoking. The only thing that helped me get off the cigs initially was a strong mint/menthold. As you know, vaping is just way different than smoking. Feels totally different and nowhere near as satifying. The strong mint/menthol gave me more impact, more throat hit. Regular liquids no matter what the nic level just wouldn't do it. Plus you get the fresh breath feel that I think helps. Not saying not to vape the good stuff, just my experience that using a strong mint/menthold at 24mg initially is what helped me stop.

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love dessert type creamy flavors, but they did not help me quit smoking. The only thing that helped me get off the cigs initially was a strong mint/menthold. As you know, vaping is just way different than smoking. Feels totally different and nowhere near as satifying. The strong mint/menthol gave me more impact, more throat hit. Regular liquids no matter what the nic level just wouldn't do it. Plus you get the fresh breath feel that I think helps. Not saying not to vape the good stuff, just my experience that using a strong mint/menthold at 24mg initially is what helped me stop.
Thanks for the info, I did go thru my menthol vape phase and yes it does help get away from the stinkies. I just cant do the menthol as an adv. That's why I'm going to start DIY juice. I have menthol crystals diffused already and occasionally drop them into my juice. I'm waiting for another order of unflavored Whole Tobacco Alkaloid's since that is what helps the most to stop the cravings for me.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks OB, What creams and other flavors did you add , if you dont mind me asking.
With varying success, I've used:

CAP Chocolate Coconut Almond (not a cream, but one of my favorites)
TFA Whipped Cream
FA Catalan Cream

I've been using about 4-5% espresso with a blend of another 1-3% on the others. Still getting the mixes down, though I take my coffee black so I don't have a really good feel for what a coffee with cream should taste like in real life...

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
With varying success, I've used:

CAP Chocolate Coconut Almond (not a cream, but one of my favorites)
TFA Whipped Cream
FA Catalan Cream

I've been using about 4-5% espresso with a blend of another 1-3% on the others. Still getting the mixes down, though I take my coffee black so I don't have a really good feel for what a coffee with cream should taste like in real life...
Thanks, sounds good to me.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My favorites:
Creams
FA Vienna, Catalan, and Fresh
CAP Sweet Cream
TFA Whipped Cream

Coffee
FA's Espresso, Irish Cream, and Tiramisu

Vanillas
TFA Vanilla Bourbon (though it's really dark)
FA's Vanilla Classic

Sweet
TFA Brown Sugar
FA Meringue and Maple Syrup

I'm not a custard fan, but some swear by CAP's Custard.

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My favorites:
Creams
FA Vienna, Catalan, and Fresh
CAP Sweet Cream
TFA Whipped Cream

Coffee
FA's Espresso, Irish Cream, and Tiramisu

Vanillas
TFA Vanilla Bourbon (though it's really dark)
FA's Vanilla Classic

Sweet
TFA Brown Sugar
FA Meringue and Maple Syrup

I'm not a custard fan, but some swear by CAP's Custard.
thank you, sounds like a good starting point

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, ones that 'work' to replace analogs are highly individual! Yep, vanilla's useful. So too are nuts, cookies, caramel etc. I like FA Walnut a lot, also FA Cookie and FA Caramel. Not a fan of FA Hazlenut or Nut Mix, but others are, so get one of those to try. I've been meaning to make something up using TFA Toasted Almond - I think that would work well too. Sharper fruits mixed quite strong can do the trick - I enjoyed Inawera Pear at 5% for a while.

Lastly, it helps a lot to have multiple devices and flavours on you - then you're more likely to swap to a different one rather than an analog.

Persevere, and it won't be long before you can enjoy loads of flavours without them having to be a substitute :)

(edited to fix Toasted Almond brand - it's TFA, not Inawera)

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When I quit I was vaping mostly Caramel/Butterscotch and Sweet Bakery types.
Then got more into Fruit stuff, like Blueberry Cheesecake and Orange Dream Bar, (favorites).
So you might want to also get some TFA Cheesecake Graham Cracker and CAP NY Cheesecake.
And also CAP Vanilla Custard is a main player here too.

FA Tiramisu is a Coffee type you might like, but it's real potent so start with only a drop or 2 in 10-15ml, or maybe 1%.

I use all of these pretty regularly.
TFA Sweet Cream, TFA Irish Cream, FA Vienna Cream, FA Fresh Cream, FA Irish Cream, FA Catalan Cream, (CAP Sweet Cream is on my wish list).
And the Whipped Creams + Marshmallows are also "must haves".
+1 on the TFA Brown Sugar & FA Meringue, mentioned by RP.

(FA Irish Cream has a bit of a chocolate and coffee taste IMO)

Got most of the Vanillas now, and TFA Vanillin, as they go nice with the creams and most everything else.

I do mostly Tobacco vapes lately, and switch tanks when trying out new recipes here and there.

You can safely buy the 10-30ml bottles of these flavors, but some of the others like Strawberry, Raspberry, Kiwi, etc., I'd get the small samples.

VU Sponsors