Become a Patron!

Starting percentages?

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm expecting my DIY supplies to come tomorrow. I'm scouring the internet trying to find recommended starting points for the few flavors I bought. So far I've only come to one conclusion for one of the five. I plan on using these all stand alone to get started if anyone has experience with these please feel free to drop some advice. I know it's all personal preference but I gotta start somewhere. Tomorrow will be my first time mixing :)

TFA Grape Candy 10%
TFA Watermelon Candy ?
CAP Vanilla Custard v1 ?
FW Blueberry ?
One on One Glazed Donut ?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you look at some of the other threads you started the answer is already there with suggestions from many of the members who posted comments.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you look at some of the other threads you started the answer is already there with suggestions from many of the members who posted comments.
If that was the case I wouldn't have asked. Lots of flavor recommendations but no percentages for me to start with. Also why do you feel the need to police every thread I start? IT'S REALLY ANNOYING

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you look the percentages are listed by many members. You have so many threads on the same topic if you posted in the same threads you would be able to more easily find your answers instead of asking the same questions over and over again.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@SteveS45 I'm starting my DIY journey and I'm going to be posting all kinds of threads related to the topic over the next few weeks and months and maybe even years. I'm hoping you can control yourself and keep it movin when you see them. :stars:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you would organize it into one thread you might actually mix up a batch one of these years.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Well I'm curious why FW blueberry? I mean it's an alright flavor, but it's pretty weak. For that I'd start at ~8%
For the watermelon candy, I'd say ~4%
I've only tried those two of the ones you listed, I've had grape candy, but you got it covered I find grape candy is a better start at ~5% but that's just me. Watermelon candy is a strange one, and takes some working around to be anything worthwhile, but you get it right and it'll be tasty. Side note, are those the only flavors you got? It's better to get some flavors that can play well together when you first start DIY. Can't wait to see what flavors you come up with. Enjoy the ride of DIY :vino:

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I'm curious why FW blueberry? I mean it's an alright flavor, but it's pretty weak. For that I'd start at ~8%
For the watermelon candy, I'd say ~4%
I've only tried those two of the ones you listed, I've had grape candy, but you got it covered I find grape candy is a better start at ~5% but that's just me. Watermelon candy is a strange one, and takes some working around to be anything worthwhile, but you get it right and it'll be tasty. Side note, are those the only flavors you got? It's better to get some flavors that can play well together when you first start DIY. Can't wait to see what flavors you come up with. Enjoy the ride of DIY :vino:
Thank you. I'm starting with stand alone flavors to get started. the fine folks here recommended a bunch and I got a few from their recommendations. Plan on getting a bunch more. Just wanted to get started as simply and cheaply, as possible as money is tight. But I know I'll have to graduate to more complex recipes and will be needing to put out for more concentrates. Thanks again for the help :)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'm dripping my FA fuji now. mixed at 3% and flavor nice, but too light for me. Going to leave it overnight, if no better going to raise %. I'll let you know how it goes Matty. It is a good flavor, I'll get 30ml on next order.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
FA Fuji is great, it seems fine on it's own, but also a solid base in most recipes that need apple. Use it at ~3% with .5% FA marshmallow 1% FA caramel .5% FA vanilla classic and have a nice little caramel apple. It's decent, but not an ADV, at least to me. If you use stock coils beware, it's a bit of a gunker!

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to throw a "clinker" in here.
My favorite Apple (and I've tried a lot of them) is Inawera Apple.
It's has a true apple flavor, and I only need to use 1%.
I always try to find flavorings that are good, and that I don't have to use a super high % of to taste.
So, if you want to try a really good true apple flavor that doesn't require a high percentage, .. give it a try.
It's also good solo, and needs no sweetener.
Just adding my 2 cents worth :p
Have fun in the lab ...................

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dropped the ball on the FA Fuji. Everyone is saying it's a must have .

No me! It's good but not a must have for me. If I could only have one apple flavor, I would rather own INW Two Apples.

I'm scouring the internet trying to find recommended starting points for the few flavors I bought.

Try Google.
https://www.google.com/

When I put TFA Watermelon Candy in the Google search box, I get all kinds of info. For instance, one of the gems that came up is...
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/watermelon-flavor-reviews-and-favored-percentages.132716/

Glad I could help.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm dripping my FA fuji now. mixed at 3% and flavor nice, but too light for me. Going to leave it overnight, if no better going to raise %. I'll let you know how it goes Matty. It is a good flavor, I'll get 30ml on next order.
Bump it to 4 and add some INW Raspberry for some really good chit. ;) Deliciousness awaits :yes:.

VU Sponsors