Become a Patron!

Steam Crave Aromamizer Hex

BgrmVapr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I'm sure someone else has reviewed this thing but I figured it can't help to throw the kind of less experienced yet fairly awesome guy review.

So, Steam Crave uses a three post deep well RDA with a fairly tall chimney/top and a nice wide chuff tip. The first reason I chose this RDA was the spit back adapter tip. I hate spit back. It works about 95%, although the bottom plate forces the air around the base and into the side holes, if you are taking larger hits, you get a decent amount of fluid still making it in.

To start, I like this RDA, it's a great smoke producing deep well build deck, however there are some concerns.
1. The three post method is annoying as are all three post builds.
2. Despite the spit back adapter, it still allows spit back.
3. The original rifled insert is so low on the interior it's far too close to the coils which causes the unit to heat up extremely quickly and very annoyingly.
4. I purchased this as a V1 and V2 device, the hex top works better for me but not with the rifled insert. The V2 isn't as useful/convenient because the chuff tip didn't fit and the tip that comes with it doesn't fit. So, the smooth barrel is unusable.

Bitching and complaining aside, it works well, it's an easy dripper, it's a great barrel (the not rifle inserted hex) and the air flow is awesome!
The spit back adapter is only 95%, but it's still 95%.
Currently I've got a dual 5 wrap Clapton coil setup on it but it's tight even with just those small coils.

Overall, I use this RDA as my tasting kit, I test juice on it and then in general I leave it to the side.
I am still searching for a great RDA, a big build deck, spit back adapter, easy to drip, deep well, not three post etc etc...I'm picky.

I attached a picture of it sitting on my Wisemec RX200

SCHex.JPG

BgrmVapr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spit back does suck. This is why I use tension coils :)
You might not have picked up on the subtle nature of my history....
I don't make my own coils, haven't found a great RDA and I'm open to many many many suggestions.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

BgrmVapr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, how much tension is needed and is there an advantage of high tension vs squeezed/gapless coils?

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The tool gives it the tension. The finished coil is like a spring. Gapless coils spits juice through the wraps from the pressure.

VU Sponsors