Become a Patron!

Steam engine provides no useful results?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 111638
I won't embarrass myself and tell you guys how long or how many thousands of miles of wire it took me to get one usable coil out of this. I guess everybody has to start somewhere and I have a feeling I'm not alone in stumbling around when first getting started.

2x26 cores, 32 for the staggered Clapton and 36 outer Clapton winding or whatever it's called. All 316L. I used 32 for the spacing thinking it would be easier guide the 36 awg final wind in there.That did seem to work.

That is kickass, man! You went fast from fused clapton to staggering, and rest assured nobody (as far as I know) makes things clean the first time, or the 10th time, or sometimes the 20th time lol

Usually the first few tries of anything don't end up being Anything but a tangle of frustration, confusion, and wire lol

"This shit is hard and makes no sense" is something I say sometimes, then it makes sense at least but still looks terrible, then it just gets better with practice

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is kickass, man! You went fast from fused clapton to staggering, and rest assured nobody (as far as I know) makes things clean the first time, or the 10th time, or sometimes the 20th time lol

Usually the first few tries of anything don't end up being Anything but a tangle of frustration, confusion, and wire lol

"This shit is hard and makes no sense" is something I say sometimes, then it makes sense at least but still looks terrible, then it just gets better with practice
1stagger.jpg 2stagger.jpg I appreciate the encouragement. It did get a bit frustrating at times, but I also did learn some lessons for next time. This is the rig I used to do the Stagger.

That actually worked quite awesomely. It was like my 3rd attempt at different things. I couldn't find a button.

I'm not exactly a kid anymore and am also a computer technician (mostly outta work like most of the other techs in Detroit). I should know by now that things always look easier when somebody who already knows what they're doing is doing it.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I got a pair out of this build at least this time. Except all Ka- A1.

5 wraps, .19 ohms. In my Bonza the Vapor production is spectacular to say the very least.

The Japanese cotton is still burning in though. Just got them installed a little while ago.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if i's the fact that it's Kantahal or the staggered build or what, but using 2 different juices the flavor is almost literally non-existent in this RDA (Bonza)

Huge clouds, no burn and unless I knew what it was, I couldn't even guess if this was fruit or some other category of flavor.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Trying to build to the width between the post screw holes. Does wire wizard give us the total length of the coil?
Or how would I calculate that? (not considering any spacing between wraps)

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
It'll give you the width of the built wire. Multiply that by the number of wraps and that'll be your final width.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
It'll give you the width of the built wire. Multiply that by the number of wraps and that'll be your final width.
Thanks for that. I'm using wizard to see what build I can comfortably fit in Fatality. I've lowered my resistance preference to .26-.28 and the space between the post holes is about 8mm. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I can't be the only person who ever thought of Clapton over twisted. I haven't looked, but I very much doubt it.
http://tiribulus.com/pages1/st.html
Gatortail coil. Twisted and straight wires Claptoned together.

1kUEm5f.jpg

n3R6IeC.jpg

WdTd34n.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gatortail coil. Twisted and straight wires Claptoned together.

1kUEm5f.jpg

n3R6IeC.jpg

WdTd34n.jpg
I knew it. :)

Mine is just Twisted though. Does that have a name?

That is very cool by the way. It seems like the the Clapton would slide on that angle though.

Last edited:

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ugh what a fucking day. I feel like I'm the only one who has a fuck shit coil day. I might be moving so I'm constantly having to Jimmy a set up so I can make coils.

That gator tail looks really cool. I might try doing that, but with it on both sides and a 8 stack in the middle.

Super cool coil.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why do you not know if you would be moving? Oh yeah that's right..................

Last edited:

VU Sponsors