Become a Patron!

Steamboat V2 RDA vs. Tugboat V2 RDA

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a SteamBoat V2 from my brother for Christmas, I got an authentic Tugboat V2 from my wife for Christmas.

I'll be fucked if the Steamboat V2 by Lawless is a "clone". The 2 RDA's are 100% identical, down to their weight, dimensions to .001, same steel, same posts and screws.

The only difference is the logo and the "authentic" has a white delrin insulator around the 510 positive pin, the Steamboat has a black delrin insulator. The parts interchange with the same feel and tolerances.

The voltage drop is the same on both RDA's, with a .13 dual macro coil, 22 Gauge Kanthal, they perform the same.

I'd say #Flawless has some 'splainin to do. I've never seen a "clone" 100% identical to the original

This is my opinion only: I think the Steamboat V2 is made in the same factory with the same materials, on the same lathes as the "authentic".

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You know, i've been wondering about the same thing. My Tugboat V2 "clone" is the best goddamn clone i've ever come by. All the other clones are somewhat different from the original product, but the Tugboat seems to be absolutely perfect. Not complaining, just wondering.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea, for anyone who want's a Tugboat, the Steam Boat V2 is exactly the same, with the exception of the logo. At $16 compared to $80, it's a freaking value. At 1/5 the price of the "authentic" price, it kicks ass.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the authentic. When I got it, there wasn't a clone yet. Maybe I should have waited. I have heard that some of the mutation x attys are authentic, but they sell them as clones if there is any tiny flaws. most people would say oh that little chip on the paint isn't a big deal, its a$10 clone. That is how they would be able to get away with it.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is a school of thought about 1:1 clones and authentic. Supposedly the clones are manufacturing seconds, which could be true in some cases. I have a big dripper and a clone, they are exactly the same.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I could believe that in many cases. I have however had some shitty clones.

VU Sponsors