Steamcrave PWM Mod

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just now looked at that one myself! On my "MUST HAVE" list!!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Thats a good looking mod. I am definitely going to scoop one of those up. I like the VV.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Couldn't stand it. Bought it and I am pumped about this. Thanks for sharing dude.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered one too, been eying it for a couple weeks and caved a few days ago. No surprises there....:teehee:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
This mod is genius. Para/Series with VV. For a reasonable build a person could have high power availability and dial it down when required giving a ridiculous run time in what I see as an attractive package. If it isn't garbage, then this could be a huge winner.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I'm hoping.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I ordered mine from 3f as well. No moving yet.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the recall was because of reverse polarity can fail in the initial 10ms if you put the batteries in backwards.
Well, I can't say I've never done that. But I can say it hasn't happened often. Only takes one time though...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

ID0PXSX.jpg

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3F delayed again....:cry:

"The product is delayed by the manufacturer, from the latest information, it will be shipped around August 9, 2018. We will try to get it delivered as soon as we can.

The product is delayed by the manufacturer, from the latest information, it will be shipped around July 25, 2018. We will try to get it delivered as soon as we can.

Please Note: This product will be shipped around July 18, 2018 (ETA, not guaranteed). The final shipping date depends on the manufacturer. We will try to get it delivered as soon as we can."

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
3F delayed again....:cry:

"The product is delayed by the manufacturer, from the latest information, it will be shipped around August 9, 2018. We will try to get it delivered as soon as we can.

The product is delayed by the manufacturer, from the latest information, it will be shipped around July 25, 2018. We will try to get it delivered as soon as we can.

Please Note: This product will be shipped around July 18, 2018 (ETA, not guaranteed). The final shipping date depends on the manufacturer. We will try to get it delivered as soon as we can."

Well, time to cancel that order.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I would, but I don't see anyone else guaranteeing another ship date.

At that rate it will be September before we see it. I would rather pay $16 more and get it from Steam Crave when it hits.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I followed the link from the OP and it says sold out.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anybody see this horse shit???
"The product is delayed by the manufacturer, from the latest information, it will be shipped around August 22, 2018. We will try to get it delivered as soon as we can."
Think we might see this thing by Christmas? Or at least before the newer version comes out?
:cuss2::headbang::finger:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Update:
The product is delayed by the manufacturer, from the latest information, it will be shipped around August 29, 2018. We will try to get it delivered as soon as we can.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update:
The product is delayed by the manufacturer, from the latest information, it will be shipped around August 29, 2018. We will try to get it delivered as soon as we can.
And that was the last straw for me. I opened a ticket and asked them to cancel the order after the last delay. They emailed me and asked me to please wait and promised they were going out the following week. That was last week, so when I saw this next message this morning, I tapped out. Told them to refund my payment source immediately, I'm done. I'll either get one when they're out in the US or wait for one in our hardware section. I paid for this thing on the 14th of JULY..... :cuss2:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
And that was the last straw for me. I opened a ticket and asked them to cancel the order after the last delay. They emailed me and asked me to please wait and promised they were going out the following week. That was last week, so when I saw this next message this morning, I tapped out. Told them to refund my payment source immediately, I'm done. I'll either get one when they're out in the US or wait for one in our hardware section. I paid for this thing on the 14th of JULY..... :cuss2:
Not sure if this helps, but it does say they're sold out on the Steam Crave site.

pqXy4mQ.jpg

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyone is reading sold out or out of stock because Steam Crave is dragging their feet and they aren't anywhere yet to be had. The first reply I got from 3F encouraged me to take mine as store credit, and I started to use that for the Tesla Invader IV. But hell, it's a pre-order too, so might put me right back in the waiting game. They can just gimme mah moneys....

CodusSupremus

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Steamcrave only made 300 this time, they are replacing the first 200 for the people that pre-ordered. Mine was shipped Wed, will be here Fri. I believe the next batch is due in early September. They have been pretty up front in the FB group. They made good on their mistake to me.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Man, now it says September 12. What a drag. I would really like to have one of these, I know I am going to love it.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FT is giving a ship date of the 9th, but I don't believe it. I canceled mine with 3F, not ordering till someone shows IN STOCK. :gaah:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
FT is giving a ship date of the 9th, but I don't believe it. I canceled mine with 3F, not ordering till someone shows IN STOCK. :gaah:

I took a different approach. Ordered from 4 different vendors on pre order. First two that ship win. I find it odd that Steamcrave is producing these in batches of 300.

You would think they would have reached out to the various distribution channels and asked what the pre-orders were and then ramped up production to satisfy the demand +15%.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think it was ready for release to begin with, but just my opinion. They took a somewhat "Smok-ish" approach to this one or the first couple of hundred wouldn't have been recalled. Smok never would have done the recall though, they just toss 'em out there whether they're safe and functional or not. I really hope you end up with at least one from somebody soon.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I don't think it was ready for release to begin with, but just my opinion. They took a somewhat "Smok-ish" approach to this one or the first couple of hundred wouldn't have been recalled. Smok never would have done the recall though, they just toss 'em out there whether they're safe and functional or not. I really hope you end up with at least one from somebody soon.

I hope we all do. This is a very functional design to me and it checks some boxes that were tough to address with the HOG. A para series setup with a moderate build and the ability to control output makes for a strong contender and long run time with good batteries. This could be the thing that one chain vapes on for 24 hours. Assuming it is as awesome as it is believed to be.

CodusSupremus

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
May I ask why aren't you buying from Steamcrave? I got mine from SC? This is no way like Smok. I am not a SC fanboy but they did right by me. I now have 2 working mods.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
they were all sold out.

CodusSupremus

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like 3fvape but for this I went right to the source. They are not sold out now, and they have the silver one now..Most likely getting the silver as well!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
May I ask why aren't you buying from Steamcrave? I got mine from SC? This is no way like Smok. I am not a SC fanboy but they did right by me. I now have 2 working mods.
On your advice, I ordered one, was only $10 more than what I'd paid 3F. Do you remember how long it took to get yours? I took the free shipping option.

CodusSupremus

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
did you use the 20% code? If you are in the US they ship from NY. One I got my tracking it was a matter of days.

CodusSupremus

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hope we all do. This is a very functional design to me and it checks some boxes that were tough to address with the HOG. A para series setup with a moderate build and the ability to control output makes for a strong contender and long run time with good batteries. This could be the thing that one chain vapes on for 24 hours. Assuming it is as awesome as it is believed to be.
Chain vaping a .5 build at 7.3v all weekend!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
i did the same business. I cancelled all of my pre orders and just ordered the two kits directly from them. Hopefully these move faster. I am looking forward to these.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
did you use the 20% code? If you are in the US they ship from NY. One I got my tracking it was a matter of days.
I sure did! Thank you for this, and if they do ship from NY, I should get it within 4 days of shipping to TN. :blowkiss:

VU Sponsors