Become a Patron!

Steeping.. Is it enough to leave the liquid in a cool dark place?

dunemachine

Member For 1 Year
I have a flavor of juice I want to steep and was wondering if leaving it capped in a cool dark place for a week or two will be enough to let the flavors shine a bit more. Do I need to shake it periodically?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a flavor of juice I want to steep and was wondering if leaving it capped in a cool dark place for a week or two will be enough to let the flavors shine a bit more. Do I need to shake it periodically?

Thats what I do.. I age my juice like a fine wine or spirit. Unless I want to use the juice NOW. Then I steep it.
Most people would call that ageing the juice. Steeping of usually is done with heat or mechanical means.

Timing can vary from a few day to a few months. just depends on the juice and desired result.

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I too mix, shake the heck out of it or put on my stirrer, and leave it for a month or whatever..uusually I do try to remember to taste it each week to find the best time frame for aging if its a mix new to me. When ready, Shake lightly and vape away

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Time and kept out of direct sunlight is important and the only real requirement to age and infuse e-Liquid but my current procedure is using an incandescent desk lamp as a heat source. With the heat at around 100°F in 48-72 hours I have speeded up the process significantly.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Time and kept out of direct sunlight is important and the only real requirement to age and infuse e-Liquid but my current procedure is using an incandescent desk lamp as a heat source. With the heat at around 100°F in 48-72 hours I have speeded up the process significantly.
I also use a light bulb to warm juice for faster steep.... not a lamp though and direct light on the juice.. I use one of those wax melting pots for the scented wax... I replaced the wax bowl with a SS cup from a thermos fill with some water drop bottles in that a set it on top of the melter. Light bulb inside Heat the water to a bit over 110 degress. Juice gets to about 100 and no light reaches the juice which would degrade the nic.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Only UV Light will harm Nicotine and not light from an Incandescent bulb.

So does this mean I can purposely lower the nic level in a juice by leave it sitting out on the window sill for a few days? If so, would it have any negative impact on flavor?

VU Sponsors