Become a Patron!

Steeping

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi
I was wondering if anybody really believes in steeping their juice..That said, I just ordered some juice from ITC Vapes
that recommends steeping is a good idea...I usually buy my juice custom mixed locally and requires no steeping at all....just was wondering what you folks might think... thx

sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, I DIY some complex flavors, so yes I steep them. A couple weeks makes a lot of difference in some complex flavor ejuices. Buy 2 bottles and let one steep for a couple, maybe 3 weeks and taste the difference. You might like it.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Sure do!... I steep most my juice at least a week or two... custards/creams I steep a month.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep. Depends on your definition of "steeping". Some people like to use heat, take the lid off, and other things. I prefer to just 'age" all my juices whether they are vendor juice or DIY. I don't vape anything that hasn't sat in the closet for at least two weeks.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did accidentally leave a almost full 30ml bottle of juice in my truck..about a month later I found it but noticed it was a lot darker in color...tried vaping it but it tasted what bug spray may taste like.. Just awful!
Maybe the hot southern CA sun cooked it, but I had to throw it away....I might say this is the closest I've come to "steeping". Lol

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're talking about that place in Rancho at Chase and Jamacha, they seem to do a good job pre-steeping their juices, I always had good luck with shake-and-vape there before I started mixing my own...but I did simple single or two-flavor combos.

Some of the more complex stuff, with a handful of different ingredients tends to take a while longer - leave the cap off overnight, then leave alone for a couple weeks other than checking in every day or two to shake. Fruits also seem to be better fresh, while bakery/dessert-type stuff likes to age.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're talking about that place in Rancho at Chase and Jamacha, they seem to do a good job pre-steeping their juices, I always had good luck with shake-and-vape there before I started mixing my own...but I did simple single or two-flavor combos.

Some of the more complex stuff, with a handful of different ingredients tends to take a while longer - leave the cap off overnight, then leave alone for a couple weeks other than checking in every day or two to shake. Fruits also seem to be better fresh, while bakery/dessert-type stuff likes to age.
Actually I'm talking about Vapor Miester in Lakeside...They only use 100% VG and custom mix your juice with your chosen nic level and flavor on the spot while you wait..This place is geared towards drippers as their juice is pretty thick for a tank like a kayfun...it Vapes great in the Artic and Atlantis tanks though...drips really well being 100% VG..

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually I'm talking about Vapor Miester in Lakeside...They only use 100% VG and custom mix your juice with your chosen nic level and flavor on the spot while you wait..This place is geared towards drippers as their juice is pretty thick for a tank like a kayfun...it Vapes great in the Artic and Atlantis tanks though...drips really well being 100% VG..

Gotcha - the place next to Merry's and Sombrero. A coworker lives near there and has bought some juice that I've tried out - also pretty good stuff, though I can't comment on how their flavors might be pre-steeped. The place I went to had a dilution of flavor in VG so the juice was already mixed, they just combined flavors if you asked and then added nic to the requested level.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VM will do that for us too..just ask at the time of placing your order..they all are pretty cool and know me by my first name..lol
They've got a lot of flavors but two of my favorites is NanaScotch and Hopscotch with
double flavor shots and 5mgs of nic does the trick, but I haven't been steeping at all..don't think there is a need Lol
cca8ef8c57e4c248ec896dd9e3cfcbf3.jpg

Last edited:

brianh54

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sure do!... I steep most my juice at least a week or two... custards/creams I steep a month.
Is that a usual steeping time for those kinds of flavors? I've always wanted to try them, but im sure steeped would have the full flavor. I ordered some that are pretty complex and I'm letting them sit for a week or 2. Fruit ones always taste the best after so!

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's a trick I use with an Ultrasonic cleaner. I bought one to clean the tiny carb parts from my bikes (1 Iron Horse, 1 Triumph Tiger, 1 Husqvarna 400). Anyway, I run 3 cycles of 30 minutes with the heat on (max 140F) and let the bottles age for a week. It's damn near miraculous what that does for complex tobacco or custard type juices. I've got in debates whether the juice was steeped or ultrasonically blended (at the molecular level if you can believe that!). Anyway it works, and works well. Those ultrasonic cleaners are cheap and have lots of other uses from cleaning watches and jewelery to carb and small auto parts. I even use it to clean my gunked up attys and with a 1/4 cup of lemon juice, clean my metal mechanicals and switches to brand new condition (minus the dings and doofus scratches of course).

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
There's a trick I use with an Ultrasonic cleaner. I bought one to clean the tiny carb parts from my bikes (1 Iron Horse, 1 Triumph Tiger, 1 Husqvarna 400). Anyway, I run 3 cycles of 30 minutes with the heat on (max 140F) and let the bottles age for a week. It's damn near miraculous what that does for complex tobacco or custard type juices. I've got in debates whether the juice was steeped or ultrasonically blended (at the molecular level if you can believe that!). Anyway it works, and works well. Those ultrasonic cleaners are cheap and have lots of other uses from cleaning watches and jewelery to carb and small auto parts. I even use it to clean my gunked up attys and with a 1/4 cup of lemon juice, clean my metal mechanicals and switches to brand new condition (minus the dings and doofus scratches of course).
+1 on the ultrasonic cleaner. After mixing some new juice, the bottle is taking a bath in the heated cleaner. Although, it really depends on the flavor, some do better without steeping, and some actually loose their flavor.

Blade

Member For 4 Years
Hi
I was wondering if anybody really believes in steeping their juice..That said, I just ordered some juice from ITC Vapes
that recommends steeping is a good idea...I usually buy my juice custom mixed locally and requires no steeping at all....just was wondering what you folks might think... thx

Got a bottle of Coconut 60PG/40VG with 12mg nic. At first it was unvapable, as it took my breath away when I tried it. So I decided to steep it, and it seems to get better every few days I let it steep. o_O

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a bottle of Coconut 60PG/40VG with 12mg nic. At first it was unvapable, as it took my breath away when I tried it. So I decided to steep it, and it seems to get better every few days I let it steep. o_O
Thx...I ordered max VG in these flavors..will try them straight out of the mail...if not happy I'll try letting them set on the shelf a week or so...
0b795d836c7aa585f4e1f105c687d5f7.jpg

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've noticed that juices they mix on the spot taste better towards the end when I've had the bottle for a month or two

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
+1 on the ultrasonic cleaner. After mixing some new juice, the bottle is taking a bath in the heated cleaner. Although, it really depends on the flavor, some do better without steeping, and some actually loose their flavor.
Very true, some delicate flavors such as fruits tend to mute if over seeped. I mix up a killer strawberry custard with Inawera Strawberry and FA custard and Catalan creme. Tastes great after a couple days maturation. Ultrasonic steeping mutes the strawberry.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There juice taste way better steeped. I just got in some spoon licker v2 and its killing me having to wait. I vaped a Lil and its not there yet just have to wait.....

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There juice taste way better steeped. I just got in some spoon licker v2 and its killing me having to wait. I vaped a Lil and its not there yet just have to wait.....
Cool.. I just ordered Spoon Licker OG, Cinna Gram Custard and Nilla Gorilla..
Its gonna kill me too if I gotta wait! Lol

Blade

Member For 4 Years
Cool.. I just ordered Spoon Licker OG, Cinna Gram Custard and Nilla Gorilla..
Its gonna kill me too if I gotta wait! Lol

Try them and see how they vape before steeping. Not all of my juice needs steeping, even though I get them from the same place. o_O

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try them and see how they vape before steeping. Not all of my juice needs steeping, even though I get them from the same place. o_O
You sorta read my mind, lol
Yeah, I plan to try a little of each straight out of the mail...I placed my order yesterday so it should show up here by Wed or Thurs I would think..

LiftedXJ

vapin pork eating crusader
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
all this reading on steeping this is the 4th post ive gone through has left with me with some questions. im deployed to a very hot environment and is there away I can help "protect" the juices or should I just well let it take its course

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
all this reading on steeping this is the 4th post ive gone through has left with me with some questions. im deployed to a very hot environment and is there away I can help "protect" the juices or should I just well let it take its course
I would suggest keep them out of direct sunlight, preferably in a closed box of some sort..I've had juice in my glove box I forgot about that survived sitting in my truck for a month when it hit about 98° here and the juice was fine.. Just sayin

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

LiftedXJ

vapin pork eating crusader
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I appreciate the quick response. its average of 122 here in the summer and well no ac in the living areas but It shouldn't get that hot in the room

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I appreciate the quick response. its average of 122 here in the summer and well no ac in the living areas but It shouldn't get that hot in the room
NP... I might add it got about 125-130° in the locked up truck during that month of hot weather we had last summer...but you should be fine keeping it in your room out of direct sunlight...

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a glass pan that looks like a cookie sheet. Make D Juice, pour & cover with breathable cloth. I can do 500ml & it is little time for steeping. 3-5 days. I like to vape. About a months worth. Gets better in a week.

VU Sponsors