Become a Patron!

Stentorian AT-7 Box Mod First Look

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1SWLUgY_d.jpg

Whats up everyone! I wanted to get some thoughts on this new mod from Stentorian. I can't be sure if it's a regulated or semi-unregulated device but it sounds pretty interesting.

ToJV6lC_d.jpg
i6ClHl8_d.jpg

It has a built-in 3,500 mAh Li-Po drone battery and a 100w power limit. They claim it can be fully charged in 2 hours which is impressive for a battery with that capacity. It fires anything down to 0.1 ohms and automatically adjusts the power to suit the coil resistance. It uses an American AT chipset and has a large PCB for "stable performance". It has all the formal safety features of a regulated device like short circuit protection, overtime protection, over heating protection, low voltage warning, over out-put voltage protection, over charging protection and low resistance protection but no adjustments can be made. No buttons....No screen. Sounds like unregulated to me. If it quacks like a duck ya know?

nPERly3_d.jpg

The clear front and back panels allow you to see the inner workings and also show some copper tubing running through the i side. This is supposed to disperse heat and give the mod a longer lifespan....and it looks pretty cool too. There are also LED lights inside the mod and behind the logo that light up when fired. I assume the LED color will correspond to whatever color the mod is. It's a rather large device measuring out at 90mm X 74.5mm X 30.5mm. It should be able to accommodate 28mm attys easily but 30's could have a slight overhang due to the edges being sloped. Another great feature is the fire bar...I love fire bars.

JR0svlg_d.jpg

I would be intrested to see how well the mod determines what wattage to use and how well it fires bulky coils with slow ramp up time. You won't know for sure how much power you're getting because it doesn't have a screen of any kind but I would like to compare it to an unregulated tube mech using the same atty and see how it operates. It definitely has style... and nice color options. Is this one worth checking out? Any thoughts? :wave:
https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Stentorian-AT-7-Box-MOD.html

CHGFPEu_d.jpg 9H0s6lt_d.jpg

Last edited:

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Personally? Having not owned one. I would pass unless you like the aesthetics and are comfortable holding a boxier type mod. I don't like the way box mods feel in the hand and that's why i generally shy away. BUT if you think it looks cool I don't see any reason not to pick one up.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool those are good points. I'm not familiar with the company but it seems pretty good. I post these first looks to see if people are interested in learning more about new products. If enough people want to see more of a product then I try and get a review up for it. Looks like this one isn't going to make it

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think they're exaggerating a bit with the 'water cooling', similar to gaming console systems claiming they're using 'water cooling'. Like me calling my kite my 'personal aircraft', yea ok. More likely they're sintered heat pipes with a small drop or two of water inside. Less likely to leak and cause issues (no one needs liquid inside their mod running free). At only 100w how much power are they planning to push through this thing to generate so much heat to the chip that it needs exotic cooling? Plenty of mods running 200w+ with good old fashioned air holes.

Just for the fact they're using the imagery to compare it to what appears to be a custom loop in a pc makes me think they're lying out their ass and over exaggerating, what else are they over exaggerating? An egg dropped on a hot sidewalk doesn't equal eggs florentine from a michelin star restaurant.

It may be decent, it may not. If the aesthetics fit the bill for you and the price is right and specs are okie dokie for what you need then sure. Otherwise sounds like it may be lacking performance for gimmicks which will only add to the price with little to no benefit. Just my initial impression. If it were me I think I could find better for $90 but just my subjective take on it.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to agree with you on the water cooled thing for sure. Hell a lot of those are excellent observations! It does seem a little gimmicky with all the lights and pipes and giant pcb board. I dont think I could come off that much cash for this one either. It looks cool but I'd rather spend a little more and get a lost vape dual cell mod. Thanks for posting @Synphul I appreciate that.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
They are not even copper pipes. They are made of plastic. There is no water at all what-so-ever. I've seen it taken apart. If not in the video I linked then some other reviewer on youtube.

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are not even copper pipes. They are made of plastic. There is no water at all what-so-ever. I've seen it taken apart. If not in the video I linked then some other reviewer on youtube.
Thats some bull shit. They need to change the information to say the pipes are just for looks. That's false advertisement if I've ever seen it

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Same thing with that Rabox mod or w/e. The one that looks like all the electronics are exposed. Those are actually just fake. They are the barbies of the vape world lol.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Oh maybe it was the exo lol. I dunno. W/e it was it looked uncomfortable to hold, and to me, ugly AF. The feel in my hand is almost important as the vape it produces to me.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol yea the Rabox was the most horrific mod I've ever laid eyes on :confused: right next to the Exo. Just not my style

I don't exactly think the rabox is all that ugly personally, but it sure looks bulky and uncomfortable as hell. That Exo now, that one should be banned for terrorizing small children! :D

VU Sponsors