Become a Patron!

Sterile saline in e-liquids?

koolzerro

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello everybody! I'd like to feel that wetness on my lips what you feel it from a e-juice brought from shop... do you think sterile saline can help on that?

Thank you!

When the words fail... music speaks!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any perceived improvement that I experienced ( which was quite minimal ) was vastly offset by the coil clogging effects that saline brought to my mixes. You might be okay with adding a few drops here and there but IMHO, adding any more than that just isn't worth it.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I used to use it in some of my caramel-type diy recipes, but it is definitely a clogger

Funny, I was thinking about giving going at it again, to see if it would be worth it now that I have a better re-wicking routine than I did a year ago

koolzerro

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm asking that because i've seen on another forum that some of them use saline at .9% and they was really amazed of the results...

koolzerro

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay i get that. But any of you you know any methods to bring that wetness to your liquid?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Okay i get that. But any of you you know any methods to bring that wetness to your liquid?

You could try 0.5% ethyl maltol (aka cotton candy), 0.5% Marshmallow and there's another I'm forgetting... if it comes to mind, I'll pop back in. Anyone else?

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everybody! I'd like to feel that wetness on my lips what you feel it from a e-juice brought from shop... do you think sterile saline can help on that?

Thank you!

That's the beginning of a very bad joke I'm not sure what you mean by wetness on your lips.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

jjdell

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Read some bad reports on saline in vaping. Gives off some nasties. Do a search, not hard to find info on it. I wouldn't touch it personally.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use 50/50 juice and my lips and nostrils always get slightly wet when I exhale. Quite annoying to me.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I think wetness is like sweetness. I never really understand wetness but I havent vaped a lot of vendor juice either, anyways my opinion is it just comes down to flavors. some are dryer some are sweeter. I know personally I have never had a positive experience with saline or distilled water

koolzerro

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use 50/50 juice and my lips and nostrils always get slightly wet when I exhale. Quite annoying to me.

Thats what i'm looking for :D but at 70/30 i feel it quite dry

koolzerro

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think wetness is like sweetness. I never really understand wetness but I havent vaped a lot of vendor juice either, anyways my opinion is it just comes down to flavors. some are dryer some are sweeter. I know personally I have never had a positive experience with saline or distilled water

So you think it will be a good idea if i try some sweetener?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
So you think it will be a good idea if i try some sweetener?

lol that was an un-caffeinated half thought and now I re read and it does seem like I am saying they are the same but thats not really what I was getting at. I dont think sweetener will solve your problem. my opinion is it has a lot to do with the flavors themselves. Ill use coconut as an example. to me Fa coconut has a very dry type vibe going on I think its very useful to fluff things up but I dont much care for it by itself. the VZ or SC whatever you want to call it taste pretty similar to Fa coconut but just a little sweeter and less dry. Ill use that one if Im already working with some other dry flavors. TFA coconut extra is not very dry at all compared to the other 2 and very sweet but has a different flavor. really powerful and goes great in a lot of different profiles.

you could try to incorporate flavors that add that "wetness" in small amounts if it compliments the mix. for instance cactus. a lot of people dont like it, personally I love it. I like it just by iteslf but anyways when i vape cactus it makes my mouth water and taste very sweet to me. if I add just a little to something similar in profile it can be considered a booster. brightens it up and makes it pop without really tasting the cactus. same goes for flavors like huck was saying marshmallow etc.
I havent used additives in my vapes in years. sweetener ruins vapes and EM doesnt have a taste really it just changes the way your taste buds perceive flavor for a short period of time. to me it feels like it wraps flavors like suran wrap. just kinda deadens the flavor.

the best thing to do is just try it. try some saline, try some water, try different flavors and come to your own conclusion. we are just a bunch of weirdos on the interenet lol.

p.s. dont believe everything you read at the other place. they are all just sheep....... KIDDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! read my blog.

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm asking that because i've seen on another forum that some of them use saline at .9% and they was really amazed of the results...

What some use is a .9% solution of saline, at 1 drop per 10ml.
I would think .9% in the recipe would be too much, but I have no experience using it.
Fresh03 uses it in some of his recipes.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Not into DIY yet so I just lick my lips when I want wetness on my lips.:D

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
read my blog.
25r30wi.gif
25r30wi.gif

OMG, I haven't thought of that in a long time! Yep, you're caffeinated now.

koolzerro

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
lol that was an un-caffeinated half thought and now I re read and it does seem like I am saying they are the same but thats not really what I was getting at. I dont think sweetener will solve your problem. my opinion is it has a lot to do with the flavors themselves. Ill use coconut as an example. to me Fa coconut has a very dry type vibe going on I think its very useful to fluff things up but I dont much care for it by itself. the VZ or SC whatever you want to call it taste pretty similar to Fa coconut but just a little sweeter and less dry. Ill use that one if Im already working with some other dry flavors. TFA coconut extra is not very dry at all compared to the other 2 and very sweet but has a different flavor. really powerful and goes great in a lot of different profiles.

you could try to incorporate flavors that add that "wetness" in small amounts if it compliments the mix. for instance cactus. a lot of people dont like it, personally I love it. I like it just by iteslf but anyways when i vape cactus it makes my mouth water and taste very sweet to me. if I add just a little to something similar in profile it can be considered a booster. brightens it up and makes it pop without really tasting the cactus. same goes for flavors like huck was saying marshmallow etc.
I havent used additives in my vapes in years. sweetener ruins vapes and EM doesnt have a taste really it just changes the way your taste buds perceive flavor for a short period of time. to me it feels like it wraps flavors like suran wrap. just kinda deadens the flavor.

the best thing to do is just try it. try some saline, try some water, try different flavors and come to your own conclusion. we are just a bunch of weirdos on the interenet lol.

p.s. dont believe everything you read at the other place. they are all just sheep....... KIDDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! read my blog.

Thank you mate i'm gonna try that

koolzerro

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Marshmallow adds a moistened to the mixture if that's what your talking about

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Actually yeah Brian thats what i'm looking for... how many % should be used thou?

Vapin-Dave

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm fairly new to all of this but I use Marshmallow in at least half my recipes in small percentages. Not sure about moistness ... maybe it adds some ... but it certainly adds a thick creamy feel to the vape. It will also help mellow out any harshness.

I find that Cactus as wllmc mentioned and Cucumber flavours add a slight hint of moistness to the vape. However in my brief experience they need to be used in very small percentages ... like .5% or less or they both change the flavour a fair bit. Especially the Cucumber that I have ... it has a very cucumber rind taste to it. But both flavours IMO give a slight juiciness to the vape if that's what you're looking for.

Last edited:

koolzerro

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Actually i read it on this forum

VU Sponsors