Sticky kayfun clone

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just noticed when using my kayfun lite plus v2 (man that's long) on my cloupor 30 mod it has vapor coming from the bottom air holes by the 510 connector. It's making Everthing sticky. I didn't notice this on my other mod but it might have always been doing this I just have been using this atty a lot lately . So my question is. Is this normal if not any advice to fix it.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It must be a lot of vapor if things are getting sticky! Are you sure it's not leaking actual juice? I'm not super familiar with the lite plus v2 - does it have an airflow adjustment down there? If so, try tightening it a little bit to see if that helps.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you making sure everything is snug I had that problem the first time i used my Kayfun lite plus V2, also if you are top filling you need to place the AFC screw in to stop the amount of holes the liquid can escape from.

Oleskool

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You could just release the fire button before you stop taking your draw. If it is leaking juices that's a different story.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am bottom filling . There is an air adjustment at the bottom but no screw in it I think that's where vapor is coming out.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Odd my plus v 2 has an afc screw on the bottom across from the fill screw. When you get a chance post your build and wick it might come down to too much or even too little wicking.
Bottom of Kayfun Lite Plus V2.jpg
I remove my AFC screw after I fill just to make sure I don't end up with a leak.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ladies and gents here's what you have been waiting for image.jpg

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Frickin ehpro

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are dual airflow holes one on each side connected thru bottom holes

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are dual airflow holes one on each side connected thru bottom holes
Yeah I have the same one from Ehpro and it looks like the original with one fill and one afc. I would have to say you got one that was miss machined.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got mine from fluid vapes. I was a machinist for years and I can't imagine that getting past QC. After I purchased from fluid, I heard a few horror stories about missed up stuff coming from them. No wonder they are so cheap they probably get the rejects for cheap.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It looks like the new dual air flow control.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well that makes me feel a lil better.
I had never heard of dual airflow control on a Kayfun clone but I googled it and this came up
http://www.eciggity.com/dual-airflow-kayfun-lite-plus-v2-clone-by-ehpro/

I have pretty much just used Artemus' "Black Editions" exclusively so not real familiar with how this works or why it would be an improvement. It's a pain to build duals in a Kayfun so I can't imagine there were that it's a feature that was THAT much in demand.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had never heard of dual airflow control on a Kayfun clone but I googled it and this came up
http://www.eciggity.com/dual-airflow-kayfun-lite-plus-v2-clone-by-ehpro/

I have pretty much just used Artemus' "Black Editions" exclusively so not real familiar with how this works or why it would be an improvement. It's a pain to build duals in a Kayfun so I can't imagine there were that it's a feature that was THAT much in demand.

I don't think it's for dual coils.
The KFLs have a tighter draw than the 3.1s* due to a smaller bore air hole in the side. The dual passage should allow better air flow to the center post.

*I only own clones, so I can't compare air flow to any of the authentic models

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think it's for dual coils.
The KFLs have a tighter draw than the 3.1s* due to a smaller bore air hole in the side. The dual passage should allow better air flow to the center post.

*I only own clones, so I can't compare air flow to any of the authentic models

Well damn it! Now I'm curious! Might have to buy one and find out what it's all about...LOL

Chip Chipperson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the juice is probably leaking through the airflow holes.. or the juice fill hole..

i put a small o-ring in the airflow screw and that fixed it.. over time this just happens.. or at least on the 2 I have..

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have one of the dual afc and dual air holes and its the only KFL + ( ive been trying since its launch, and always had genuines ) that works all the time, perfectly.... I love it.

I got it as a bonus when I bought a Prov 2.5 with flat top conversion, and I hunted down another on Ebay in black.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I got some of those dual air inlet bases from Fasttech. These particular KFL bases are leaky. Not really a juice leak but they do buildup condensation inside and leak. I finally had to glue the grubs into the holes to reduce the condensate leaking out the bottom. Releasing the fire button before you finish your draw helps.. Cap off top filling will just make the leaking worse. IMO, the only KLF that should be top filled are those with top fill caps.

VU Sponsors