Become a Patron!

Still worth buying a velocity RDA?

Djentleman9601

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys,

Wanting to try out another RDA, the velocity looks like an awesome dripper. But I see it's quite old now with all the new RDA coming out constantly. Would any of you still think it's a great RDA compared to any of the new drippers?

Thanks everyone

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What else are you comparing it to? I just got my first Velocity clones in a couple weeks ago, because I wasn't really in need of any new RDAs but figured I'd buy in on the hype...I'm thoroughly impressed and back to dripping again after spending a month or so exclusively on tanks, which I haven't really done in well over a year.

dry_hit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Definitely worth it. I have the Tobeco clone and it's the RDA I learned to build on. Two posts lots of space and the flavor is fantastic.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The original velocity RDA is not worth buying
The tobecco MINI velocity is WORTH BUYING, and it's not a clone cuz
They never made a MINI VELOCITY thank you tobecco

VAPE ON

robmidi

Member For 4 Years
For my $0.02 worth, I just tried my son's Velocity and it had great flavor on an IPV 4 @ 40W. Having said that, I had the pleasure of trying a friend's Rampage (3 coil build) on a Sigelei 150W, turned down to 75W for me and it was awesome! Don't know if it was a clone or not, but the flavor was awesome and it has an anti-spit "umbrella" that screws in over the coils. Love it.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Top and bottom airflow is where the flavor's at. Go with the Aeronaut RDA. Holds more juice than the Velocity too.

DevilDogDoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a Veritas, a Freakshow, a Vector, and a Velocity. Now and then I try the others and keep going back to the Velocity. They all have their shortfalls but the Vel shines. The Vector is a close second, tight air draw though. Veritas is a bitch to build on and gets HOT, threw a Clapton on that one last night and was way too hot. Freakshow leaks like a mother out of the bottom air slots if you put more than a few drops of juice in there. Velocity ticks all my boxes, easy build, airflow for days, lots of juice room and no leaks. Solid dependable dripper for me. Maybe something better will come along someday but I'm on my second Velocity and couldn't be happier.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just bought one today. I keep seeing these threads pop up. I had to know. I JUST HAD TO KNOW.....

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my mini today
I'm throw a Clapton later when I get home

VAPE ON

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The original velocity RDA is not worth buying
The tobecco MINI velocity is WORTH BUYING, and it's not a clone cuz
They never made a MINI VELOCITY thank you tobecco

VAPE ON
Original not worth it? Why not? The mini not a clone? True there's no authentic (Tobeco's mini being the first), but without the Avid original, Tobeco couldn't have cloned it and then miniaturized it. I'm not trying to bust your balls/chops/bunns/whatever... The Velocity is certainly worth... trying. Nothing else like it. If you like the clone THAT much; going for the authentic is always personal choice.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Petri rda for me is pretty kick ass on flavor. Just got 13 heavens 9 hells in today and it also has killer flavor.... both chuck the clouds... doesnt get much better than that. I had tries twisted messes rda and el cabron rda before and while they kick ass, 13h9h is superior to them both imo, waiting to get the double vision rda in hopes compvapes are just bad ass rda manufacturers and everythinf they do rules.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I guys want flavor
Get the best Japanese cotton.... The Japanese cotton I got from GEARBEST taste like fucking bleach, they claimed its Japanese cotton but there's no way it's Japanese, tasted like cotton balls from Walgreens..
I Built my regular build on the tobecco mini today and its fuck... No taste at all
f31718d90143bf55e37ed3159fd25bae.jpg

VAPE ON

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my Tobeco Velocity Mini and I absolutely love it!

Dual diagonal fused Claptons at .2ohms.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wicked it with Cotton Bacon v2 which is my favorite wick so far; no odd taste, wicks great, lasts a good while.
image.jpeg

On my R2D2 Evic VTC Mini, it looks like a little robot.
image.jpeg

If you're on the fence about this RDA, just get it. Flavor is amazing, deep juice wells, couldn't ask for a better RDA. definitely gives my Derringer a run for its money.

VU Sponsors