Become a Patron!

Stingray X

D

Donald Bickers

I have a problem hereI need to replace the magnets in my stingray x,,,i have been told that the 4 nine and the stingray x have the same size hybrid adapter,,,,,,,But Mine Don't,,,,,,the stingray is supposed to be jd tech,i even got the case that says jd tech....I got it on ebay,,which is where I got my 4 nine to,,,,,,so does any one know where to get magnets,the ones that came with it don't hold it up in XX650 mode,,,,,or can you get stronger magnets,OR is this just a problem I have to deal with,,,,,,,,I don't know what the deal is ,,,,Help appreciated folks
Thanks

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a problem hereI need to replace the magnets in my stingray x,,,i have been told that the 4 nine and the stingray x have the same size hybrid adapter,,,,,,,But Mine Don't,,,,,,the stingray is supposed to be jd tech,i even got the case that says jd tech....I got it on ebay,,which is where I got my 4 nine to,,,,,,so does any one know where to get magnets,the ones that came with it don't hold it up in XX650 mode,,,,,or can you get stronger magnets,OR is this just a problem I have to deal with,,,,,,,,I don't know what the deal is ,,,,Help appreciated folks
Thanks
If you want to try swapping out the magnets take a look at fat daddy vapes for a set. They have sets for a bunch of different mods. Why yours arent doing the job i couldnt tell you. Maybe swing by a b&m that stocks the authentic stingray mods and do a comparrison with one known to be authentic. If they can clone the mod im pretty sure they can clone a litte fabric bag too.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i have a regular fast tech stingray and bought fatdaddyvapes.com stingray magnets and they work perfectly. little smaller than the stock ones the stock ones are 8mm x 1.5mm these seem like they are 7mm x 1.5mm but it works just as good as new. and I have two more sets for spares.

D

Donald Bickers

ok Eric,you say just as good as new,,,,does yours stand up on its own its own without firing in 18650 mode while unlocked,,,,,,not trying to sound smart ass at all,,just a question

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no the magnets aren't that strong. they are only an 8mmx1.5mm max there is no way any magnet that small will hold up the mod without firing even without and atty or battery inside. just won't ever happen.

ok it won't fire with the battery and atty removed I just tried it.

VU Sponsors