Become a Patron!

Stitched Alien Coil...Worth it?

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was looking to learn something different and I love building Alien Coils, so, I figured it wouldn't be much to learn to build the stitched version and I was just curious if anyone knows how the Pros/Cons work out for the typical Alien versus the Stitched Alien. By "typical" I mean just a standard Triple core using 26ga Nichrome 80 with 36ga Nichrome 80 for the wrap. I got some 40ga Nichrome 80 to play around with and made a couple of half assed attempts at the stitched version...it was a bit more tricky than I first thought, but I managed to get one workable Coil out of it, but I'm a dual Coil kinda guy, so, haven't had the experience of firing one up and just had the thought run through my mind of throwing a line out here and just seeing what the masses thought of one versus the other and if there is a noticeable difference or trade off between the two versions to see if it would even be worth the time to invest in learning to do it well and adding it to my list of possible coils to make. There's no wrong answers..just looking for opinions. Below is a pic of my usual alien build along with a pic of the stitched version I made...one thing is for sure, the macro shot of the stitched version makes it look much better than just looking at one, because I initially thought it was a wadded up mess until I got some close ups.
0b8ea3f3f19efacf963ceec7f3514d4b.png
1ba3c8eccb43a4cf05a36c350d8a1021.png

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Interlocks, stitches and normal aliens all vape differently but it's not like one's better than the other.
If you can alien you should be able to pick up on the others really fast. To stitch all you have to do is let the stitch hang out a few feet past your stretched slinky. Don't tie a knot in it or anything like that. Just treat it like a normal alien.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interlocks, stitches and normal aliens all vape differently but it's not like one's better than the other.
If you can alien you should be able to pick up on the others really fast. To stitch all you have to do is let the stitch hang out a few feet past your stretched slinky. Don't tie a knot in it or anything like that. Just treat it like a normal alien.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

Yeah, practice makes perfect...the main problem so far is feeding the wire to the drill. I free hand everything and have no problems working with the decored Clapton by itself, but with the stitch wire running through it, it doesn't just slide through my my fingers while guiding it...it keeps catching my skin and messing it all up

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

VU Sponsors