Become a Patron!

Stop, it's a trap...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I just bought my first package of diy. Thank you to all the enablers. I really can't wait. Wife isn't too happy I spent 60 on juice before deciding to try diy. Lol. I worked extra hard this weekend to make up for it. I've only got supplies for one flavor and that is Mega melons by cuttwood. I can't wait. If it wasn't so expensive I'd buy it by the liter. Making it myself, I can literally make liters of it. Evil laugh here. Will be mixing by weight when my scale gets here. But also ordered everything syringe wise to start. But to the trap. I can see this being more addictive than any other part if vaping. Especially if the juice is good. I see all these other recipes and want to give in not knowing my fate of it all. I might mix one bottle and send all my supplies to @Mykreign. Lol. Never know. If you have any simple fruit recipes lemme know. I figure fruits are easier to start. Sorry for the book. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
itsatrap.jpg

I've been at it a little over a year. I have damn near 400 flavors now....and want more. It's been a fun hobby.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it's alot like buying gear.....at first you go out and buy every new atty that comes along, and after four or five years you realize out of all the crap you have on shelves and in boxes...that you only vape 3 attys....everything else is collecting dust.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol because you bought flavors for an already established recipe, I think you're adventure will start off on a high note.

You seem to vape a lot of different juices, which may mean you'll like a lot of the juice you make. Whereas I'm pretty picky and when I started out, it was frustrating! I only vaped 2-3 different juices before DIY. A lot went down the drain.

Be sure to PM me before you go rogue and start buying flavors :)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol because you bought flavors for an already established recipe, I think you're adventure will start off on a high note.

You seem to vape a lot of different juices, which may mean you'll like a lot of the juice you make. Whereas I'm pretty picky and when I started out, it was frustrating! I only vaped 2-3 different juices before DIY. A lot went down the drain.

Be sure to PM me before you go rogue and start buying flavors :)
Will do man.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good luck, my friend! It really is tons of fun to play around with the flavors once you get comfortable. Def stick with others recipes for now and ask all the questions you need. You’ve seen my set up.......lol! The rabbit hole is deep, indeed!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I just bought my first package of diy. Thank you to all the enablers. I really can't wait. Wife isn't too happy I spent 60 on juice before deciding to try diy. Lol. I worked extra hard this weekend to make up for it. I've only got supplies for one flavor and that is Mega melons by cuttwood. I can't wait. If it wasn't so expensive I'd buy it by the liter. Making it myself, I can literally make liters of it. Evil laugh here. Will be mixing by weight when my scale gets here. But also ordered everything syringe wise to start. But to the trap. I can see this being more addictive than any other part if vaping. Especially if the juice is good. I see all these other recipes and want to give in not knowing my fate of it all. I might mix one bottle and send all my supplies to @Mykreign. Lol. Never know. If you have any simple fruit recipes lemme know. I figure fruits are easier to start. Sorry for the book. Thanks for the help.

I remember it was super addicting when I first started - 100 or more bottles dumped down the drain later, now I mix 120mL batches of stuff I know I'll like so I don't have to drag out the DIY box often, and I don't mess around with new flavors very often anymore :D

See I already ordered some Pina colada one shot from tfa and cap v2. It has begun... But really I'm just trying to find a couple greats and stick with those.

You're lucky you have VU, you might get to skip the angrily-dumping-bottles-down-the-drain phase because there are so many DIYers here with good recipes shared already

I had ECF..."here guys, try my magnificent clone of Radiator Pluid!" - that sort of junk will make you throw the BOTTLE away

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I remember it was super addicting when I first started - 100 or more bottles dumped down the drain later, now I mix 120mL batches of stuff I know I'll like so I don't have to drag out the DIY box often, and I don't mess around with new flavors very often anymore :D
This is how I am now too. I don't buy new stuff or experiment often. Most of the time I only mix when myself or someone else needs something. Time does play a part in that as well.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"here guys, try my magnificent clone of Radiator Pluid!" - that sort of junk will make you throw the BOTTLE away
I got burnt on that one one time, and one time only! I gave the bottle away, had to throw the coil away, cleaned the tank in vodka and alcohol, and the odor lingered in my office for over a week, AFTER going thru an entire can of Lysol! :blech:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You're lucky you have VU, you might get to skip the angrily-dumping-bottles-down-the-drain phase because there are so many DIYers here with good recipes shared already

I had ECF..."here guys, try my magnificent clone of Radiator Pluid!" - that sort of junk will make you throw the BOTTLE away
Yea I'm gonna try to stick with a couple. I goive Enough commercial juice away as it is

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know what my deal is lately. When I first started I found three or four recipes that I loved. I vaped them for months. They got old after a while. Since getting sick of those, I have gotten sick of everything else more rapidly.

It's like I can't even decide what I want. I don't know why I think, "Yeah that's pretty good. What else can I try?" I know some people can find what they want (Or make it), and stick with that for a long time. I'm definitely not one of those people.

*I almost deleted all that^ but decided to post it anyways.*

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know what my deal is lately. When I first started I found three or four recipes that I loved. I vaped them for months. They got old after a while. Since getting sick of those, I have gotten sick of everything else more rapidly.

It's like I can't even decide what I want. I don't know why I think, "Yeah that's pretty good. What else can I try?" I know some people can find what they want (Or make it), and stick with that for a long time. I'm definitely not one of those people.

Seems the longer you mix, the harder it is to find something "unique."

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rarely mix the same thing twice after nearly 2 years mixing but I also bought way more flavors then I should have over the first year of DIY. I just mix everything up 100ml at a time and hope I like it. Even if I do mix something again it is usually tweaked slightly or I sub a flavor or two just for the heck of it. I have a dozen+ recipes steeping and I think 2 of them are repeats. I actually need to start making an effort to use some of my concentrates that I have only SF tested so far so I can try and use them up before they eventually go bad.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On the other hand... I created my recipe for strawberry and cream in December 2014.... and have vaped that and pretty much ONLY that, ever since. I've vaped just one or two other things, usually when I had a cold and the strawberry and cream didn't taste right at all.... but my main activity in all this time has been decreasing the flavoring from the 31% it started at, to the 24% it's currently at... and finally getting rid of both sweetener and Flash.

It's entirely possible to be a one-ejuice vaper... just not very common. But it sure does save hassle. :)

Andria

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have to toot my own horn here - I have two recipes now with only 3 ingredients each, and they are both Amazing (to me) - some other people have said they liked the caramel custard one, too, I hope some people try Struuueberry Custard because my god, I left it alone over the weekend (after vaping it all day for a week) and this stuff is crack to me. It's got blueberry muffin to it, dunno if you like that sort of thing?

Screenshot_20180723-135800.png

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to toot my own horn here - I have two recipes now with only 3 ingredients each, and they are both Amazing (to me) - some other people have said they liked the caramel custard one, too, I hope some people try Struuueberry Custard because my god, I left it alone over the weekend (after vaping it all day for a week) and this stuff is crack to me. It's got blueberry muffin to it, dunno if you like that sort of thing?

View attachment 116345
Simple is good in my eyes. I'll use my bcv credit to pick those flavors up. I'm fu#•n juiced up bro.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm actually thinking about getting rid of most of my flavors - not because they're icky, but because I'm sensitive to them - lots of raspberry flavors as well as 4oz of Bavarian Custard (FW) - if you're interested PM me, I won't ask for more than shipping to be covered

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 116345

I might try a version of that -- I've got blueberry candy, of course I only use shisha strawberry but it can substitute, and I can mix some vanilla swirl and DX bavarian to make the custard... sounds damn tasty!!! To me, blueberry muffin is crack -- as soon as I eat one, I want the whole damn box RIGHT NOW and go to walmart to get some more, RIGHT NOW! :giggle: Hence I NEVER eat them, I'd really rather NOT weigh 300 lbs. :giggle:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm actually thinking about getting rid of most of my flavors - not because they're icky, but because I'm sensitive to them - lots of raspberry flavors as well as 4oz of Bavarian Custard (FW) - if you're interested PM me, I won't ask for more than shipping to be covered
Same here I am sensivite to over half the flavors I have tried.
Piffed out about half of my inventory a while back and will have more to go in the future.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 116345

BTW, have you tried Mykrein's Red White and Blueberry? It's also very tasty, strawberry/blueberry and either marshmallow or whipped cream (I prefer whipped cream, not a big fan of marshmallow flavor), one of the very few other flavors I've vaped that I find really pleasant -- it's a bit light, but a good "palate cleanser" maybe, if you're switching between 2 strong flavors -- and because it's light, it's really good for when you have a cold; maybe some of you menthol lovers might enjoy it with menthol and/or koolada added?

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
See I already ordered some Pina colada one shot from tfa and cap v2. It has begun... But really I'm just trying to find a couple greats and stick with those.

optimism at it's finest:D
*WF Wonder Flavors pixie stix candy, must have for me, 3% with tangy fruits, 3.5-4% with sweeter fruits
*TFA (Fa on some sites) Flavor Apprentice sweet and tart, pretty good, does't have that tongue bite I get from the pixie but flavor is good if a touch tame
*FW Flavor West, my favorite all around grape
* Purilum white grape, I love this grape but only available at NR, BCF doesn't carry these flavors
*LA LorAnn, grape and grape (clear), I enjoy these grapes as well but may be in the minority here

What fruits do you like?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

Same here. Mix something I love and two days or two weeks later wondering what to mix next. I tend to mix a shit ton of 30mls at a time so I can switch up most of the tanks bi weekly. That doesn't include the sf I keep to give my buds a break now and then.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
BTW, have you tried Mykrein's Red White and Blueberry? It's also very tasty, strawberry/blueberry and either marshmallow or whipped cream (I prefer whipped cream, not a big fan of marshmallow flavor), one of the very few other flavors I've vaped that I find really pleasant -- it's a bit light, but a good "palate cleanser" maybe, if you're switching between 2 strong flavors -- and because it's light, it's really good for when you have a cold; maybe some of you menthol lovers might enjoy it with menthol and/or koolada added?

Andria

No, dont have any of the flavors, and it has sweetener in it doesnt it? I dont vape artificial sweeteners, ever ever ever

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
For myself I nominate CAP VC V1 as the most important flavoring to vaping.
I second the motion, all in favor?
Seriously the stuff is vape crack, just had to see what the fuss was about, that was 2 500ml batches ago.
Simple recipe I love is 10% CVCV1, 7% LB coconut milk(killer flavor as well). Everyone I’ve given it to has went nuts over it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
imho CAP VCV1 was around and a very popular in the beginnings of the US ejuice market and is still an ingredient on many of the popular juices.
which other flavoring has been in as many popular juices? for so long?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No, dont have any of the flavors, and it has sweetener in it doesnt it? I dont vape artificial sweeteners, ever ever ever

Well sweetener is always optional I think; some folks really need it, esp. when they first quit smoking. I used to use 2.7% -- I know, gag me with a fork! :blech: -- but I don't need it anymore. I do still use a lot more flavoring that just about anyone, though, and all but one of the flavors in mjy strawberry and cream are sweet in their own right, so since my tastebuds have more or less recovered, I don't really need sweetener anymore. But if I was mixing fruit flavors that weren't terribly sweet themselves, I might still use up to .5% -- or, depending on what I was going for, maybe "tart and sweet".

Andria

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
optimism at it's finest:D
*WF Wonder Flavors pixie stix candy, must have for me, 3% with tangy fruits, 3.5-4% with sweeter fruits
*TFA (Fa on some sites) Flavor Apprentice sweet and tart, pretty good, does't have that tongue bite I get from the pixie but flavor is good if a touch tame
*FW Flavor West, my favorite all around grape
* Purilum white grape, I love this grape but only available at NR, BCF doesn't carry these flavors
*LA LorAnn, grape and grape (clear), I enjoy these grapes as well but may be in the minority here

What fruits do you like?
Watermelon is my favorite but candied. Peach, lemon, love a blueberry pomegranate, kinda burned out in strawberry but still like it. Ripe is good but had a juice one time tasted like eating the green top of a strawberry. Bleh. Lol

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I second the motion, all in favor?
Seriously the stuff is vape crack, just had to see what the fuss was about, that was 2 500ml batches ago.
Simple recipe I love is 10% CVCV1, 7% LB coconut milk(killer flavor as well). Everyone I’ve given it to has went nuts over it.
I'll 3rd that, along with CAP NY Cheesecake.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CAP Vanilla whipped Cream is also another great flavor. A great smoother in many mixes.
Kind of like cool whip but not all sweet.

Mixed as a supplement with CAP VCV1 it is very nice. Alkso with CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl, which by itself it is bit strong to me.
also good with CAP Lemon Meringue Pie.
And many others.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Watermelon is my favorite but candied. Peach, lemon, love a blueberry pomegranate, kinda burned out in strawberry but still like it. Ripe is good but had a juice one time tasted like eating the green top of a strawberry. Bleh. Lol

I like TFA watermelon candy
Purilum watermelon
FA red summer watermelon
but I don't don't vape wm often. @voicenyerhed enjoys watermelon. For blueberries I like FW and HS Hangsen.
FA lemon sicily is very good but fades very fast. FE Flavor Express and JF Jungle Flavors lemons are good and don't fade.
Just mixed a TFA pomegranate the other day but haven't tasted it yet. There are several brands that have a blueberry pom flavor.
FA red touch sb, TFA sb ripe, and INW Inawera shisha sb, are good strawberries. You will need at least two to get a good sb, three is better.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like TFA watermelon candy
Purilum watermelon
FA red summer watermelon
but I don't don't vape wm often. @voicenyerhed enjoys watermelon. For blueberries I like FW and HS Hangsen.
FA lemon sicily is very good but fades very fast. FE Flavor Express and JF Jungle Flavors lemons are good and don't fade.
Just mixed a TFA pomegranate the other day but haven't tasted it yet. There are several brands that have a blueberry pom flavor.
FA red touch sb, TFA sb ripe, and INW Inawera shisha sb, are good strawberries. You will need at least two to get a good sb, three is better.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind about the strawberry

VU Sponsors