Become a Patron!

STOP the FDA

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just at Vapor Joes. This is the last day for US to send the message to the feds to BACK OFF. It's real easy, take almost no time. DO IT or we ALL Loose!

Reactions: jae

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Remember Boys & Girls, Any time the Government stands behind you, their unzipping their pants! Fight or Die.

Reactions: jae

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I posted on FDA and CSAA (or whatever the initials are). I hope others do too.

I just want to say that I am perfectly OK with FDA regulations requiring childproof caps on ejuice, ejuice ingredients being listed on bottle, and a warning label on ejuice for nic content reasons. No harm, no foul. I see these are safety issues that protect children and those are ok in my book.
As far as outlawing, taxing, banning vaping, etc... they can have my vape when they pry it out of my dead hands.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I respect everyone's opinion. I know what they want, I know how & why they want to do it. My take on this. They could care less about our safety. I saw this with Motorcycles & Trucking. It's about control. One little rule is not so bad. But it don't stop there. Years ago this crazy Bitch hid a law in a housing bill to put seat belts on all new Motorcycles. It damn near passed. Years ago they made rules to keep Truckers safe by limiting the time they could work everyday. It was a way to charge carriers taxes on the miles they ran on HI ways, over & above general use tax. This truck went this far, you owe this much. If We let them oversee our vaping they will find a way to screw us to a great degree. Politicians are like roaches. Let just one in and before long your over run with them. I have yet to see a single bottle of juice without a child proof cap. This is NOT about protecting Children, I wish it was. The greedy ol' Wolf is at the door. If we let him in we are screwed. They will roll our dead ass over & reach for the last dollar we have. It's all about Dollars.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I whipped this out in just a few minutes, and my head is not screwed on very tight tonight, so i'm sure it is rife with atrocious errors. Regardless, this is the LAST CALL to tell the FDA to take great care and consideration with regard to regulation of e-cigarettes, SO DO IT.

After over two decades of smoking up to five packs a day, I quit the day I got my first e-cigarette, four years ago next week. Since then, I have saved roughly $17,000 and avoided smoking 3,600 packs of cigarettes - 72,000 cigarettes. If it's true that every cigarette smoked reduces a person's lifespan by 5-10 minutes, then i've avoided losing between 250 and 500 days of my life, which statistically would otherwisse have gone up in a puff of smoke just from smoking about 2 packs a day for the past four years had I not switched to vaping.

I know that cigarettes kill because I just lost my dad to smoking-related lung cancer a couple of months ago. Had he been able to switch as easily as I did when he was my age, he would have stood a much greater chance of not having cancer, and the last two terrible years of his life would have been many years away and probably nowhere near as painful or traumatic for him or myself.

It's important that smokers be given the opportunity to switch to quality products easily and cheaply. The emergent consumer and trade groups in the e-cigarette world already do much to spotlight any unsafe ingredients, techniques, and materials, and the manufacturers have followed the lead of consumers, who have demanded greater and greater safety and transparency from their products.

There is great risk in the potential to over-regulate e-cigarettes, and that risk comes from leaving too much open to negative interpretation from all agencies, allowing these beneficial products to be potentially stamped out - which of course would cause all nicotine addicts to go back to smoking, further straining the national tobacco-related health crisis and all agencies which are tasked with alleviating it (from insurance companies to drug manufacturers to research institutions to government bodies and beyond), not to mention families, who ultimate pay the hardest prices.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I whipped this out in just a few minutes, and my head is not screwed on very tight tonight, so i'm sure it is rife with atrocious errors. Regardless, this is the LAST CALL to tell the FDA to take great care and consideration with regard to regulation of e-cigarettes, SO DO IT.
We will never know how many took the time to defend themselves. It seems to always be, the Other guy is going to do it so why should I. I am a Vape prepper if there is such a thing. If they shut it all off right now I would have enough to last at least 15 years. It is not likely I will live that long. I buy vape gear because I can. Let the cards fall where they may. Disappointment never did shit as far as I know.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1jy-8dlc-x46t [submission receipt #] and today is payday-tomorrow I donate $$ to a Couple or Vaping Advocacy Rights Orgs. The battle has just begone

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1jy-8dlc-x46t [submission receipt #] and today is payday-tomorrow I donate $$ to a Couple or Vaping Advocacy Rights Orgs. The battle has just begone
Good Man! 98% of what is going on in the world I can do little to nothing about. The wars and everything else is out of my control. This is in MY control. I hit the wolf on the nose with a 2x4 and said NO! NO means NO. :mad:

VU Sponsors