Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I don't know about you but I am sick and tired of those damn telemarketers and I was looking for a way to stop those bastards.

For my landline, I signed up for this free service.

https://www.nomorobo.com/

While it won't stop calls from charities and politicians, it does a pretty good job of stopping most telemarketers while allowing legit reminder calls from Doctors offices and the like.

And I installed this on my Android Phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mistergroup.muzutozvednout

It's based on community reviews of different numbers and will warn you if a member has reported a number as a nuisance call.

But if you get a call from one of those bastards, it gives you an option to block that number in the future.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also love the unknown callers that never leave a message - and eventually you get a message: where they want to confirm your OBGYN appointment, or HIVAC tech - from a state days away.. With a name that is entirely wrong & female.

I wish these clowns would confirm their client numbers or at least look at the damned area-code.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I also love the unknown callers that never leave a message - and eventually you get a message: where they want to confirm your OBGYN appointment, or HIVAC tech - from a state days away.. With a name that is entirely wrong & female.

I wish these clowns would confirm their client numbers or at least look at the damned area-code.

I wish they would consult the "Do Not Call List"!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Need to make sure you have registered each of your numbers every fews years on donotcall.gov. After you verify its registered and receive one of these calls submit a complaint (must wait 30 days after registering). Takes two minutes to do and if enough people complain they can be blacklisted and if they keep doing it action can be taken against them.

They can lose their telemarketing license if in a state that requires it and open themselves up to lawsuits.

It works if people report. Most of these telemarketers buy dialer lists to run campaigns off of and most of those list are shit if they buy cheap for volume.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't know about you but I am sick and tired of those damn telemarketers and I was looking for a way to stop those bastards.

I found a way to get them to really remove my number from the calling list which may not sit well with some but you know what I could give two shits less! I get extremely rude and vulgar with them and shock the hell out of them. Some just get nasty others are so taken back they choose a new line of employment. You know I don't care since you are calling me usually during dinner time and if you are offended by what you hear you will think twice about calling me! I am on the Do Not Fucking Call Me Registry and that gave you 3 months to hound me so you get what you called for!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found a way to get them to really remove my number from the calling list which may not sit well with some but you know what I could give two shits less! I get extremely rude and vulgar with them and shock the hell out of them. Some just get nasty others are so taken back they choose a new line of employment. You know I don't care since you are calling me usually during dinner time and if you are offended by what you hear you will think twice about calling me! I am on the Do Not Fucking Call Me Registry and that gave you 3 months to hound me so you get what you called for!
When I wanna fuck with them I will only say 4 words
  • What
  • Yeah
  • OK
  • Alright
Doesn't seem like much but just stick to 4 words at most, no more and it will drive them insane until they hang up

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use TrueCaller, works fine but it has ads tho...

I'll try the one @UncleRJ posted, I see there is no advertising (yet).....:wave:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Double glazing cold calls ...helps if you say you live in a caravan or a tent

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We don't get much of that here in the Gulf. I do get calls from my bank offering me stuff on occasion. Once they called me when I was at a mall. I decided to listen and was told I was pre-approved for a loan. I asked how much. He replied, how much do you want. I want $1 million. He laughed and said not that much. How about 1 million Dh? No. How about .5 million Dh. Yes, we can loan you that. That's great, I said. Now, listen carefully. I'm at the xxxx Mall. Meet me at McDonald's in half an hour with the money in a bag. He was flustered and said he couldn't do that. So why the hell are you calling me then? He was still sputtering when I hung up. Wankers!

DURASPANK

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like messing with them. Like while talking to them. Pull out my pistol and fire a couple rounds. Then laugh and say got him. That dam dog won't be pissing on my tires anymore or the cat walking on my car. Really hurts some of them the more you laugh. Then cuss cause you have to load them up to go throw in river.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

For my landline, I signed up for this free service.

https://www.nomorobo.com/

While it won't stop calls from charities and politicians, it does a pretty good job of stopping most telemarketers while allowing legit reminder calls from Doctors offices and the like.

And I installed this on my Android Phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mistergroup.muzutozvednout

It's based on community reviews of different numbers and will warn you if a member has reported a number as a nuisance call.

But if you get a call from one of those bastards, it gives you an option to block that number in the future.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Tell them you will buy something if they listen to the entire album "Perverse Recollection of a Necromangler" by Waking the Cadaver with you. Then hang up on them after its done.

Silver79

Member For 4 Years
I just keep asking for everything in writing, they hate that..lol......They Usually hang up pretty quick.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Do a call forward all or transfer them to the Rick Roll hotline! (248) 434-5508

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually found a solution to the hundred robo calls a day coming in on my business phone.
I have a VOIP system supplied by Comcast so I activated the auto attendant that demanded that they press a #1,2 or 3 to get connected. Works like a charm.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I actually found a solution to the hundred robo calls a day coming in on my business phone.
I have a VOIP system supplied by Comcast so I activated the auto attendant that demanded that they press a #1,2 or 3 to get connected. Works like a charm.
Being a Cisco collab engineer, I use voip.ms with a Cisco voice gateway (CUBE) for my home office. I basically have a running black list that sends troublesome callers and calls from shady countries to a special call handler that basically prompts "Press 1 to go fuck yourself. Press 2 to eat shit. Press 3 to hangup." All options play brutal death metal :)

At first I was just rejecting the call but decided to have a little fun with them!

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do like Steve does and just get nasty and rude. Sometimes I pick up and say Fuck off. Other times I pick up, ask what they are wearing and if I could make sweet love to their anus.

Wifey likes to answer with that creepy sound from The Grudge. She does it perfect!!! Recently the land-line rang so she answered it and played Tiny Tim's tip to through the tulips with her cell phone.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got one good just before..............

Hello is this So and so?

Me: What number are you calling?

Uh 516......

What Number are you trying to call?

Uh 516............

What Number are you calling?

Uh...............

What Number ARE YOU CALLING?

Uh............

What NUMBER ARE YOU TRYING TO CALL?

Click..................

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Being a Cisco collab engineer, I use voip.ms with a Cisco voice gateway (CUBE) for my home office. I basically have a running black list that sends troublesome callers and calls from shady countries to a special call handler that basically prompts "Press 1 to go fuck yourself. Press 2 to eat shit. Press 3 to hangup." All options play brutal death metal :)

At first I was just rejecting the call but decided to have a little fun with them!

Have you accidently ever put the wrong number on the blacklist?! Hahaha

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I don't answer calls from "unknown caller" or 800 numbers.
If it's a legit call they will leave a message.

I did find a very cool site to check numbers on, it's free and all the information is from calls that people have received.
800notes.com

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

VU Sponsors