Become a Patron!

Strange Experience with Mods

so my question is why I get better hits off my drag mini over all my other mods? I don’t really get it. Just bought a drag 2 full size because I enjoyed the mini so much.

I was hoping to get even better vapor with the drag 2 but the mini is still dominating all my mods at even lower watts.

I do not get it, why is this the case? What’s going on with the mini that makes it produce so much more vapor with the same tank being swapped mod to mod.

What is it that produces more vapor?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do either of them have a boost mode or power setting where you can choose soft, normal, hard? Not familiar with either device. I'd say if you're using the same tank on both mods at the same wattage then there may be some sort of buck boost to keep the voltage more consistent than the drag 2

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
It’s the coil that matters but using the same tank and therefore the same coil you should be getting the same amount of vapor roughly. The only thing I could guess would be maybe you don’t have the same settings across the mods. Like maybe you have the mini set on a hard or powerful and the others on soft or normal. I’m not familiar with those mods but you should check out all the settings especially preheat and that sort. If there’s nothing there then it’s your battery. Actually now that I think about it if the mini is a Internal battery and the other isn’t you could have a low battery or if you have a fake battery or one with improper amp discharge for your vaping needs. That’s a few things to look into anyway, best of luck troubleshooting.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the only other factor i can think of it the mods internal resistance might be lower on the mini which would allow for for power to the coil.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
so my question is why I get better hits off my drag mini over all my other mods? I don’t really get it. Just bought a drag 2 full size because I enjoyed the mini so much.

I was hoping to get even better vapor with the drag 2 but the mini is still dominating all my mods at even lower watts.

I do not get it, why is this the case? What’s going on with the mini that makes it produce so much more vapor with the same tank being swapped mod to mod.

What brand and model of batteries did you put in your Drag 2?

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Doesn't add up, both mods have the same chip. You don't mention what wattages your using but with the same tank at 50W on both mods the vape should be identical. Where did you buy the batteries for the Drag 2?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Drag 2 just is a wimpy mod. Guess I need to work more with mine to see if that can be improved upon.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do either of them have a boost mode or power setting where you can choose soft, normal, hard? Not familiar with either device. I'd say if you're using the same tank on both mods at the same wattage then there may be some sort of buck boost to keep the voltage more consistent than the drag 2
Think you nailed it here. Only other logical explanation aside from an issue with the 510 on the Drag 2.

Doesn't add up, both mods have the same chip. You don't mention what wattages your using but with the same tank at 50W on both mods the vape should be identical. Where did you buy the batteries for the Drag 2?
On the mini I use less watts and I get bigger hits. So far not certain about this hard hit option. I have not made any changes unless it was by accident

No clue, I am not aware and I never touched it unless it was by accident

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
See if both are set to same Fit mode.

3 fast clicks get to Fit mode.
You can play around with those 3 clicks to also navigate between wattage, and TC modes. When in TC, 4 clicks to set wattage.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Check this video out starting at 8:28. That mod has fit mode for sub ohm tanks, battery saver mode, big cloud mode, etc.

Agree, that's a great find. I'm not using a sub-ohm tank on mine, but FIT mode #2 makes my mod act like an entirely different beast. I LOVE it! Thank you!

I fully expect the battery life will not be as good, but I don't really care. FIT mode makes the mod worth using.

Agree, that's a great find. I'm not using a sub-ohm tank on mine, but FIT mode #2 makes my mod act like an entirely different beast. I LOVE it! Thank you!

I fully expect the battery life will not be as good, but I don't really care. FIT mode makes the mod worth using.
So my mod was on fit mode 2, but I’m using wattage.

Are you sure that fit 2 will have any effect when using wattage? Cause I never use fit mode

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Okay so I popped it into fit 2 and it is hitting a lot better now even while using wattage at an even lower wattage setting, problem solved. Appreciate the help guys I had no clue that was a factor.

Guess a while back when I was toying with fit mode I left it in the 2 setting.

You may actually have left it in FIT mode 1, which is a "battery saver" or "economy" type setting. I think that's what I had done.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @OneHundred and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

It's isn't what you are using it is how you are using it. You need to find that sweet spot. Perfect Balance of wattage for the coil and the e-Liquid you are using. Air flow plays a part and so does temperature.

VU Sponsors