Become a Patron!

Strawberry flavor loses it strawberry

I have noticed that any recipe I have made with strawberry flavor loses it flavor fast. On the shake and vape it tastes amazing just the way I think it should. Then after a few hours and it's just sweet no or very minute flavor of strawberry. I have several strawberry flavors. TFA strawberry, strawberry cream, Ripe Strawberry, FA strawberry and Red touch. I have mixed them individually from .5 to 14% and have mixed the different brands in all kinds of ways and percentages that I can think of. I have caps sweet strawberry in the mail to try. I have tried adding some tart flavors in small percentages like Raspberry, lemon and lime to help bring the flavor out. Not much of a change. I have read that strawberry is problematic but have not seen any reasons why or how. I guess my questions are:
Does anyone else have this same problem?
Anyone have a trick or a suggestion to try?
Can anyone suggest a brand that doesn't have this problem?
Any help would be appreciated.

I should add that it doesn't matter if it is a recipe with creams, Vinillas or just a straight up berry fruit mix.
I have been using the IVP mini at various watts and with the Nautilus mini, Alanis sub and a tugboat dripper for taste testing. However if I cover up one airhole of the Tugboat often times I can get the strawberry flavors for a bit.

StuPot

Member For 4 Years
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with Capella Sweet Strawberry, it's my favourite out of all the Strawberry concentrates I've sampled..

I'm a little surprised to hear you saying the Strawberry flavour is fading so quick though.. I thought Strawberry was one that seemed to keep flavour well, I'm convinced Capella Sweet Strawberry gets stronger with age.

You could try adding more, it may taste too much to begin with and fade to a good amount of flavour.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mostly use TFA strawberry and haven't had that happen. My mixes with strawberry are fine after 6 weeks.

HIC, you think that it maybe related to using MFS nicotine or that I have only been smoke free for 4 months now? Maybe a bit of both.
I would like to add that I really appreciate your notes and recipes. They have helped me out emencely. I also ordered some of your line from Mama J's last night and am excited to try them.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with Capella Sweet Strawberry, it's my favourite out of all the Strawberry concentrates I've sampled..

I'm a little surprised to hear you saying the Strawberry flavour is fading so quick though.. I thought Strawberry was one that seemed to keep flavour well, I'm convinced Capella Sweet Strawberry gets stronger with age.

You could try adding more, it may taste too much to begin with and fade to a good amount of flavour.
Thanks StuPot. I will have to try adding more and maybe a bit overpowering strawberry to see if it fades into what I would like. I'm hoping the Caps will do the trick however I haven't been all that happy with some of the flavering I have gotten from them in the past.

I mostly use TFA strawberry and haven't had that happen. My mixes with strawberry are fine after 6 weeks.
It just maybe my taste buds are still changing. My fingers are crossed. When I get the strawberry I'm loving it.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, you think that it maybe related to using MFS nicotine or that I have only been smoke free for 4 months now? Maybe a bit of both.
I would like to add that I really appreciate your notes and recipes. They have helped me out emencely. I also ordered some of your line from Mama J's last night and am excited to try them.

In that other post of yours, you mentioned your nic is peppery and has "massive throat hit" - which can really wreck fruit flavors, in my opinion.

plinsday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Try LA strawberry

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It just maybe my taste buds are still changing. My fingers are crossed. When I get the strawberry I'm loving it.
You should switch flavors often, otherwise you could develope "Vapor's tongue" (not being able to taste a certain flavor). Ideally, you have 3-4 different flavored juices, that you switch around during the day.

Kiwivapor here are a few I make often with and without the banana.
5% Ripe strawberry tfa
5% Fa strawberry
2% Fresh cream fa
2% Vienna cream fa
1% Custard fa sometimes use caps v2
1% Ripe Banana tfa
Or
4% Raspberry tfa
4% strawberry fa
3% marshmallow fa
3% EM
or
4% strawberry Fa
4% Ripe strawberry Tfa
7% vanilla custard v2 cap

Actually looking through my recipes and what I vape Neunerball might be right I may be vaping way to much strawberry.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
You should switch flavors often, otherwise you could develope "Vapor's tongue" (not being able to taste a certain flavor). Ideally, you have 3-4 different flavored juices, that you switch around during the day.

i think i go thru somewhere around 10-12 juices a day..
mix and match with food and drink.. or even a after dinner desert..
Cap's strawberry fades quicker than tfa, but tfa fades too.. both when over flavoring..
if you keep it between 2% to around 5-6% its more of a slow fade..

but when mixed with fa.. it will stay and give off a better strawberry.. i like mixing all 3 and adding fe strawberry too.. :)
sticky sweet :p

Thanks Smokey ,
I will try dropping the % and mix the three together as well as vaping several different types of juices a day. Hopefully all together it will fix my isues.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I use FA strawberry, TFA ripe and caps sweet strawberry together and it stays outstanding till its gone lolol

Vaping Gray

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
my capella sweet strawberry mixed at 12%, maybe a little weak but doesnt ever get weaker.
i do have that problem with my absinthe. mixed at 8 % flav its good to go but looses flavor fast, by the end f first week id made the %age upto 15% and a week later is just weak again !!??? im baffled . on the bright side my strawberries are tasting great ;)

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kiwivapor here are a few I make often with and without the banana.
5% Ripe strawberry tfa
5% Fa strawberry
2% Fresh cream fa
2% Vienna cream fa
1% Custard fa sometimes use caps v2
1% Ripe Banana tfa
Or
4% Raspberry tfa
4% strawberry fa
3% marshmallow fa
3% EM
or
4% strawberry Fa
4% Ripe strawberry Tfa
7% vanilla custard v2 cap

Actually looking through my recipes and what I vape Neunerball might be right I may be vaping way to much strawberry.

Wow, that is a lot of sb. Sb is one of my favorites as well. The one I've been playing with recently:
1.25% sb ripe
2.5% tfa cheese cake graham crust
That was my last test batch, which resulted in the graham crust fading from my taste, but really sweetening the sbr. Very unique sb for sure, which requires a vapor to like the tfa ccgc. You might try dailing it back a bit to see if the vapors tongue will hold off longer, then switching to a non sb flavor

Wow, that is a lot of sb. Sb is one of my favorites as well. The one I've been playing with recently:
1.25% sb ripe
2.5% tfa cheese cake graham crust
That was my last test batch, which resulted in the graham crust fading from my taste, but really sweetening the sbr. Very unique sb for sure, which requires a vapor to like the tfa ccgc. You might try dailing it back a bit to see if the vapors tongue will hold off longer, then switching to a non sb flavor

I think I will cut some recipes in half and try it. I stopped vaping strawberry for 5 days and went back to one of the juices. Turns out it's very strawberry. However it only lasted for a few minutes and back to no flavor. Has to be a form of vapors tongue.
I just got some ccgc in yesterday. I'll have to try your recipe it sounds good.

Pete Loop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have noticed that any recipe I have made with strawberry flavor loses it flavor fast. On the shake and vape it tastes amazing just the way I think it should. Then after a few hours and it's just sweet no or very minute flavor of strawberry. I have several strawberry flavors. TFA strawberry, strawberry cream, Ripe Strawberry, FA strawberry and Red touch. I have mixed them individually from .5 to 14% and have mixed the different brands in all kinds of ways and percentages that I can think of. I have caps sweet strawberry in the mail to try. I have tried adding some tart flavors in small percentages like Raspberry, lemon and lime to help bring the flavor out. Not much of a change. I have read that strawberry is problematic but have not seen any reasons why or how. I guess my questions are:
Does anyone else have this same problem?
Anyone have a trick or a suggestion to try?
Can anyone suggest a brand that doesn't have this problem?
Any help would be appreciated.

I should add that it doesn't matter if it is a recipe with creams, Vinillas or just a straight up berry fruit mix.
I have been using the IVP mini at various watts and with the Nautilus mini, Alanis sub and a tugboat dripper for taste testing. However if I cover up one airhole of the Tugboat often times I can get the strawberry flavors for a bit.
I had this happen to me with blueberry. I oversweetened the batch and could not taste any blueberry for a while. I tried vaping menthol but I would get a little taste of the blueberry and it tasted great but bang! no flavor again. I am happy to inform you that this problem is GONE. I actually stopped making juice for a month and bought store bought again and now came back to DIY and blueberry is just fine. Everyone says sweet strawberry is amazing but it tastes kinda weak to me. I am gonna let it steep and see how it is. Over-Flavoring is not going to give you more flavor, it will do the opposite. Just mix it at a reasonable percentage and then put it aside and vape other flavors while the strawberry steeps. Then in a couple weeks pull it out and fill up a tank and I bet you it will be delicious. This second time around I have been more careful to not put too much flavor and to not get it all over my hands and over expose myself to the flavorings or nic and all my mixes are delicious. If you like custard you cannot mess this one up, I do 8-10% Cap Van Custard V1 with a decent pineapple at around 2-4% I use Golden Pineapple Cap at 2% also and it is professional grade A high quality deeeelicious juice after a week steep or right away.

Pete Loop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your case is definitely some form of Vapor's Tongue AKA An overload of your olfactory senses. I also would like to add that this happened to me months after quitting cigs so it doesn't necessarily have to be right when you quit smoking

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea blueberry does it to me.it is aggravating but it just taste that much better when it goes away

"War,war never changes

Only The Means of Destruction"

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use FA strawberry, TFA ripe and caps sweet strawberry together and it stays outstanding till its gone lolol

There is a youtube channel under the name fresh03 that has a strawberries and cream recipe on there (its also on that e-liquid recipes site under the name freshaspies). That uses the same strawberries in it as you do, I had it last week and it was really nice and really creamy, probably be right up your street.

VU Sponsors