Become a Patron!

Strawberry Ice Cream

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had been trying to get a good strawberry ice cream nailed down for over 2 years & I believe this version to be about my favorite, so I thought I'd throw it out there. I don't taste strawberry flavors all that well sometimes, but if YOU do (or AREN'T mixing max VG), then you could probably cut the SB flavors a little, but I love this in-your-face SB flavor here. It doesn't call for Koolada, but I have tried it & it's a nice change up, but I think I like it better without. For maximum smoothness I'd give it two weeks.

2% TFA Dairy Milk
1.5% TFA Malted Milk
2.5% INW Strawberry Shisha
2% TFA Strawberry Ripe
4% CAP Sweet Strawberry
2.5% TFA Sweet Cream
4% LB Vanilla Ice Cream

Fresh-Strawberry-Ice-Cream-5-683x1024.jpg

Last edited:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had been trying to get a good strawberry ice cream nailed down for over 2 years & I believe this version to be about my favorite, so I thought I'd throw it out there. I don't taste strawberry flavors all that well sometimes, but if YOU do (or AREN'T mixing max VG), then you could probably cut the SB flavors a little, but I love this in-your-face SB flavor here. It doesn't call for Koolada, but I have tried it & it's a nice change up, but I think I like it better without. For maximum smoothness I'd give it two weeks.

2% TFA Dairy Milk
1.5% TFA Malted Milk
2% TFA Strawberry Ripe
4% CAP Sweet Strawberry
2.5% TFA Sweet Cream
4% LB Vanilla Ice Cream

View attachment 121078

I love me some strawberry ice cream! If we had access to it all the time, I'd stay broke buying ben & jerry's! I've been wanting a good strawberry ice cream since I decided to move away from menthol into flavors.

Is everything else in this recipe strong enough to hide the taste of the dairy milk? 'Cause I can't be tastin no milk. That's a total deal breaker for me! I absolutely, positively detest milk.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love me some strawberry ice cream! If we had access to it all the time, I'd stay broke buying ben & jerry's! I've been wanting a good strawberry ice cream since I decided to move away from menthol into flavors.

Is everything else in this recipe strong enough to hide the taste of the dairy milk? 'Cause I can't be tastin no milk. That's a total deal breaker for me! I absolutely, positively detest milk.
You may want to take the Dairy Milk down to 1% or less then, because I can taste it.

I don’t have TFA Malted Milk I only have NF Malted & no LB Vanilla Ice Cream :cry:
What, no LB VIC? You can probably use either CAP or TFA VBIC, but you owe it to yourself to try LB. I'll never be without it! Can't advise on the NF as I've never tried it.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You may want to take the Dairy Milk down to 1% or less then, because I can taste it.

What, no LB VIC? You can probably use either CAP or TFA VBIC, but you owe it to yourself to try LB. I'll never be without it! Can't advise on the NF as I've never tried it.

Thanks! It'll be next month before I can order the 2 milks, but I've got this saved and will be first on the order list. If I had found this before I placed my order this morning I would've replaced a couple of items. :(

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

2% TFA Dairy Milk
1.5% TFA Malted Milk
2% TFA Strawberry Ripe
4% CAP Sweet Strawberry
2.5% TFA Sweet Cream
4% LB Vanilla Ice Cream

View attachment 121078

Ok, I finally got all the flavors in for this, and took the time to mix it up. I made a 120 right off the bat because I felt I would vape it. Experience tells me that 2.5% shisha strawberry is altogether too much for me so I cut it down and did away with the caps sweet strawberry completely. Here is version after my changes. After a 6 day steep in the cabinet, I'm loving it!

20190201_175659.jpg

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I see you added FA Strawberry as well- another good flavor. I am one of those people who have trouble tasting SB & when it fades it's worse, so I like it up front initially & by the time it steeps there has usually been some amount of fading. I used to come back & add flavors like SB (and lemon in some recipes as well), but then I have to remember to do it before taking certain recipes out of the house with me too. I'm happy that you were able to do something with you liked with it!

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And I see you added FA Strawberry as well- another good flavor. I am one of those people who have trouble tasting SB & when it fades it's worse, so I like it up front initially & by the time it steeps there has usually been some amount of fading. I used to come back & add flavors like SB (and lemon in some recipes as well), but then I have to remember to do it before taking certain recipes out of the house with me too. I'm happy that you were able to do something with you liked with it!

Before I got shisha strawberry I used to add a touch of FA Lemon to strawberry as well to help boost it. This tastes closer to ice cream than anything I've ever mixed up. I'll be mixing this at least 240ml at a time from now on. I'm dripping it in my aura rda with dual quad-core fused claptons @70 watts on replay and it's awesome! Thanks for posting this, Howard.

Oh yeah, anybody that wants a good ice cream, get LB!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

2% TFA Dairy Milk
1.5% TFA Malted Milk
2% TFA Strawberry Ripe
4% CAP Sweet Strawberry
2.5% TFA Sweet Cream
4% LB Vanilla Ice Cream

View attachment 121078
I have them all and can imagine that being real good. I'll get some made next time I mix.

VU Sponsors