Struggling with ohm vs wattage.

Discussion in 'New Builders Corner' started by FadedForte, Nov 28, 2017.

1. FadedForte

FadedForte New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello,

I am one day into building. I have a Kaos Spectrum, pulse 24 rda and am running dual 24 gauge kanthal coils. I am at .43 ohms and the flavor really starts to pop at between 40-50 watts. I am concerned if this is safe or not. Please let me know!

Thanks

2. PropperVape

PropperVape New Member

Blog Posts:
    That’s about on par I’m running a pulse 24 with .34 ohm 24g dual kanthal at around 50-60 watts and flavor is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FadedForte likes this.
  3. FadedForte

FadedForte New Member

Blog Posts:
    Awesome! Thank you! Since I'm still new to this I want to make sure I'm not doing anything dangerous.

PropperVape likes this.
  4. Fudgey Finger

Fudgey Finger Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    There isn't a lot that you could do on a regulated mod that will put you in danger. If you want to play it extra safe though, make sure you have high quality batteries with the highest possible actual cdr

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

gbalkam likes this.
  5. PropperVape

PropperVape New Member

Blog Posts:
    With the pulse 24 I’ve noticed that it is possible to put the coils too close to the air holes and will lessen the flavor and vapor, just a little hint :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. gbalkam

gbalkam Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    As Fudgey Finger said... top quality, brand name batteries. Not re-branded, factory 2nd rewraps.
    As also stated, on a regulated mod, it will not fire at all if there is a problem. Resistance range is 0.10 ohm to 3.0 ohm for that mod. I recommend 0.13 or higher, simply because resistance can change while mounting and tuning your coil. If you build at 0.10 ohm and resistance drops.. mod will not fire. You have no wiggle room. Sure, you can get it working eventually, but it takes a lot of fiddling around.