Become a Patron!

Struggling with ohm vs wattage.

Hello,

I am one day into building. I have a Kaos Spectrum, pulse 24 rda and am running dual 24 gauge kanthal coils. I am at .43 ohms and the flavor really starts to pop at between 40-50 watts. I am concerned if this is safe or not. Please let me know!

Thanks

PropperVape

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That’s about on par I’m running a pulse 24 with .34 ohm 24g dual kanthal at around 50-60 watts and flavor is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome! Thank you! Since I'm still new to this I want to make sure I'm not doing anything dangerous.
There isn't a lot that you could do on a regulated mod that will put you in danger. If you want to play it extra safe though, make sure you have high quality batteries with the highest possible actual cdr

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

PropperVape

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With the pulse 24 I’ve noticed that it is possible to put the coils too close to the air holes and will lessen the flavor and vapor, just a little hint :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
As Fudgey Finger said... top quality, brand name batteries. Not re-branded, factory 2nd rewraps.
As also stated, on a regulated mod, it will not fire at all if there is a problem. Resistance range is 0.10 ohm to 3.0 ohm for that mod. I recommend 0.13 or higher, simply because resistance can change while mounting and tuning your coil. If you build at 0.10 ohm and resistance drops.. mod will not fire. You have no wiggle room. Sure, you can get it working eventually, but it takes a lot of fiddling around.

mikeybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hello,

I am one day into building. I have a Kaos Spectrum, pulse 24 rda and am running dual 24 gauge kanthal coils. I am at .43 ohms and the flavor really starts to pop at between 40-50 watts. I am concerned if this is safe or not. Please let me know!

Thanks
Hey! I'm wondering how is your kaos spectrum holding up now? I've seen a bunch of reviews of it breaking in a short amount of time, would like to know if yours still work to this day! :)

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Batteries are covered so I will just add learn and use Steam engine. It comes in real handy. Other App I have is Vape Tool.
They have helped me many times.

VU Sponsors