Become a Patron!

Stupid doctor told me....

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My doctor commends me for switching to vaping but my dentist says it's horrible for teeth. I haven't heard anybody complain about their teeth going bad from vaping so I don't know what that's about.
My doc wouldnt come right up to the plate and recommend vaping, but he was super pleased that I quit smoking on a dime by 'whatever it took'. My dentist and hygienist are happy with how improved my gums are and that I have nearly no plaque to scrape off. The drying effect of smoking (and no doubt the chemicals) are bad for teeth. Your dentist needs further education on vaping.

jackhan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Surprised the doctor didn't suggest anti-depressants. No matter the reason I go see a doctor, that's what they always try to prescribe. It drives me crazy.

The doctors I've told about my vaping have at least been cool about it. They don't seem like they have an opinion about it at all.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No offense to anyone here if someone happens to be a doctor but for the most part they're morons. They diagnose you with something based on a guess (the educated part is up for debate), then they prescribe you something that may or may not help but comes with a laundry list of side effects. When that doesn't work they have you come back so they can 'try' something else. For the hundreds of dollars an hour they make, god forbid I want someone to 'fix' whatever the issue is. How about I pay someone $10/hr to 'guess'. Myself and many of my friends have no medical degrees and we can guess all fricken day long.

I went to several doctors about my chronic coughing and stuffed up sinuses, told each of them it had been going on for 2yrs or better. 90% of them said 'yea, allergies. get some mucinex'. Even when I said it was all day every day all year long. Sorry, ragweed allergies aren't really a thing in the dead of winter and everything is frozen. When I eventually decided to stop smoking the issues went away, my best guess is something in the fire safe chemicals added to them since that's around the time the symptoms began building after having little more than a smoker's cough for the previous 15yrs. Happy accident to address what multiple doctors couldn't.

Another time I went to the e.r. with an out of control fever of 105+ and a sore on my knee. The genius said 'it looks like an infection, here's a script for antibiotics' and sent me home. A day later I went to my regular doctor, got transferred to an orthopedic surgeon then hospitalized for a week with a staph infection so bad they called the cdc and gave me last line of defense meds. Gee, antibiotics or immediate medical attention with a week of isolation. That's kinda like flipping a coin and saying 'fuck it, either you need chemo or an aspirin - not sure which'. Not even in the same realm of diagnosis.

Pretty sure when the doctor leaves the exam room and is gone for 15-20min before returning they're in their office violently shaking a magic eight ball. Hell if they actually did they might do a better job.

Couldn't possibly have said it better, though I've often tried. :D Still want you to run for SOMETHING... how about Surgeon General. :D

There are a FEW exceptions... usually, doctors in general practice who've been at it for decades, who, like Farmers' Insurance, have "seen everything." My own doctor TOLD me he didn't know much about vaping, except that it seemed to be really popular all of a sudden.... and he then said that given my own case of a nearly-40-yr smoker who suddenly COULD quit smoking and more importantly, STAY QUIT... he could understand why. He also told me that he's in favor of ANYTHING that could do that, because (his words): ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN SMOKING.

Any doctor who disagrees with that, needs his license stripped.

Andria

VU Sponsors