jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I keep thinking "..Doubt they have the Right - it's Interstate Commerce".

I think this does fall under states' rights at the end of the day, and when has that pesky constitution ever bothered some of these states in that area anyway?

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the reason I remember it is: early 13-colony Unions had to give some more power to their new Fed, because certain states were interfering with commerce with states on either side, etc.. So, this may apply here, (as I certainly don't recall the specifics).

Further, yeah: these states sure love to deprive citizens of rights. <shrug> Stop voting for kneejerks. (and any politician that screams "Save the children!" [or even "Reproduction Rights!"] needs to be turfed... The arguments are old, tired and always end up taking Rights and creating more (or further hulking-up) bureaucracy.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What's more amazing is they will call a special session in a heartbeat to start stealing from us, but when it comes time to give it back they will drag that shit out indefinitely.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I’m still in shock that because of kids chasing a high from black market carts, all of this is going down. I know it’s naive to be shocked, but I am. I’m tired of this shit, and yes @jwill, I’m really angry about it.
I’m just amazed that the public is buying into this, without doing one speck of research. Herd mentality sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
No one really cares about kids. Not the government, not their shitty parents, not me. If we didn't need them to create the next generation of pansies, I would just as soon drown all of them in a bathtub as an example to others.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No one really cares about kids. Not the government, not their shitty parents, not me. If we didn't need them to create the next generation of pansies, I would just as soon drown all of them in a bathtub as an example to others.

I’m glad you said it. I’ve been really wanting to say F* the kids.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I hate that everything I love has to be regulated to save them.

Me too, brother. What save, though? They’re still going to get up to no good, if they’re determined to get high or whatever. They were just able to blame vaping for their illness and screw us over.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m still in shock that because of kids chasing a high from black market carts, all of this is going down. I know it’s naive to be shocked, but I am. I’m tired of this shit, and yes @jwill, I’m really angry about it.
I’m just amazed that the public is buying into this, without doing one speck of research. Herd mentality sucks.

You should be shocked. This is unprecedented. I can't think of anything that parallels this at all. At least with Prohibition it was put to a vote across the country. What we have here is the government acting with thoughtless impunity and no thought to the millions of people who benefit from vaping.

I have to say it, but the US looks more like an oligarchy than anything. The representatives at all levels of the government are being manipulated by just a very small group of people. What I find dismaying is the US, imo, was always pretty damn good at hiding its corruption. Granted, we've historically had low levels when compared to what has and is going on in the world. However, it is just out in the open as in they're doing it all in a fashion for all to see and only a fool would think the system is honest. Just like in all the dictatorships Americans like to denigrate and poke fun at, its right out there for all to see. The really sad part is that corruption works downward. As it spreads across the top of society it will filter down as people realize they no longer have a chance at an even break from those above. It then becomes a free for all, grab what I can before someone else does it. Civic society becomes uncivil and uncaring. You can see this quite easily in many countries. Corruption can only be minimized from the top down. You and me deciding not to be corrupt will have effect on those above us, but when it comes from the top, along with the abilities and power to punish it, corruption can be tamed.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know, as vapers we all can see the hypocrisy and lies that are being foisted on the largely ignorant public on this particular subject that is dear to our hearts. I just want to point out that there are a lot of other social subjects out there that are subject to the same kind of lies and misinformation. You know, fake news. I don't trust anyone to tell the truth on anything these days. Not the media, not the government; certainly not any Democrat or Republican anywhere. Buyer beware.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You should be shocked. This is unprecedented. I can't think of anything that parallels this at all. At least with Prohibition it was put to a vote across the country. What we have here is the government acting with thoughtless impunity and no thought to the millions of people who benefit from vaping.

I have to say it, but the US looks more like an oligarchy than anything. The representatives at all levels of the government are being manipulated by just a very small group of people. What I find dismaying is the US, imo, was always pretty damn good at hiding its corruption. Granted, we've historically had low levels when compared to what has and is going on in the world. However, it is just out in the open as in they're doing it all in a fashion for all to see and only a fool would think the system is honest. Just like in all the dictatorships Americans like to denigrate and poke fun at, its right out there for all to see. The really sad part is that corruption works downward. As it spreads across the top of society it will filter down as people realize they no longer have a chance at an even break from those above. It then becomes a free for all, grab what I can before someone else does it. Civic society becomes uncivil and uncaring. You can see this quite easily in many countries. Corruption can only be minimized from the top down. You and me deciding not to be corrupt will have effect on those above us, but when it comes from the top, along with the abilities and power to punish it, corruption can be tamed.

Really good analysis! I know that we had family members in Europe during the War, and I think they would be turning in their graves at what’s happening now.
The corruption might push folks to look out for one another, but prolly not. At least, we can do it here in the face of what’s happening. It seems like people are hunkering down, waiting for the axe to fall now.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Seems like that did that on Kristallnacht and in Warsaw: just wait.

The minute the Nuremberg Laws were passed, all the Jews in Germany should have left. But, looking at what’s going on here, how many people could afford to leave or would want to leave their families? But I feel like vapers are being persecuted. Granted, they’re not killing us outright, but they want us to smoke!!

VU Sponsors