Become a Patron!

Stupid Question...

Vankax

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello. I am about to buy a vape and i have a simple question i can't seem to find the answer for. So i want to buy IMECIG Q3 mini, which has a 0.4 ohm coil. My question is: Do i ALWAYS have to replace the coil with a 0.4 ohm one, or i can replace it with 0.2 or 0.5 one?

XEVU

Equal Opportunity Offender
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never heard of that brand but I did Google it. Looks like a standard mod/tank kit. Any coils that fit that particular tank will work. However, I could only find the .4 for it.
Any particular reason you are set on that kit?

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

Vankax

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"
Never heard of that brand but I did Google it. Looks like a standard mod/tank kit. Any coils that fit that particular tank will work. However, I could only find the .4 for it.
Any particular reason you are set on that kit?

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

I hope you are still here and will replay again. I am after it, because it is on 50% off on Amazon. When i typed vape on amazon, this was the first one to pop up.

https://ww w.amazon.co.uk/IMECIG-Cigarette-Electronic-Vaporizer-Nicotine/dp/B01NC0TL8L/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490838079&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=vape&psc=1

(connect the www's)

And another question. Lower resist coils = more smoke, but the wear off quicker and suck more liquid and battery?

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Vaping With Vic is in Scotland I think. He would know better than me about UK regulations. US here.
If you're just starting I don't think you'll find a lot of difference in a 0.4 and 0.5 coil.
Are you wanting to use a subohm tank for direct lung vaping or more mouth to lung like a cig?
The vaping style will make more difference than anything to determine what you should get.

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Www.Vapingwithvic.co.uk

Vankax

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Vaping With Vic is in Scotland I think. He would know better than me about UK regulations. US here.
If you're just starting I don't think you'll find a lot of difference in a 0.4 and 0.5 coil.
Are you wanting to use a subohm tank for direct lung vaping or more mouth to lung like a cig?
The vaping style will make more difference than anything to determine what you should get.

I want a direct lung vaping. What will you suggest? I am completely new to this, so i excuse me if i express myself stupidly or uneducated.
Also i had another question:
Lower resist coils = more smoke, but the wear off quicker and suck more liquid and battery?

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can also search him on youtube.

7af93943664e58e4e415aa4c20bf0fa2.jpg

Vankax

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also should i use 0.5 or 2 ohm coils? Do both of them fit the vape i want to buy?

1- https://ww w.amazon.co.uk/Cigarette-Replacement-Stainless-Electronic-Accessories-x/dp/B06W55YD4Y/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1490839860&sr=1-2&keywords=imecig+coil+2

2- https://ww w.amazon.co.uk/Cigarette-Electronic-Clearomiser-Clearomizer-Vaporiser/dp/B01N4T161E/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1490839866&sr=1-1&keywords=imecig+coil+0.5

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, I usually buy a pack of each and see which one I like best.

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want a direct lung vaping. What will you suggest? I am completely new to this, so i excuse me if i express myself stupidly or uneducated.
Lower resist coils = more smoke, but the wear off quicker and suck more liquid and battery?
That is a 60w mod. You're not going to get huge clouds with any of those coils imo.

Vankax

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is a 60w mod. You're not going to get huge clouds with any of those coils imo.

So what coil do i need? I am after huge clouds

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what coil do i need? I am after huge clouds
Follow that link I posted. That will give you huge clouds. The smok alien and TFV8.
It is a little more but well worth it.

You will be extremely limited with a 60w mod.

Vankax

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Follow that link I posted. That will give you huge clouds. The smok alien and TFV8.
It is a little more but well worth it.

Ok, last question. Can you tell me what ohms coil i need for good clouds and not burning throat?
Also can you find those on amazon and link me what is compatible with this vape (alien smok)?

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, last question. Can you tell me what ohms coil i need for good clouds and not burning throat?
Also can you find those on amazon and link me what is compatible with this vape (alien smok)?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/re...ast+coils&sprefix=smok&sprefix=smok+tfv8+baby

Any of these coils will chuck clouds. You'll have to read on the individual coil what the best watt rating is. I vape most of my V8 coils around 115W.

There are also different colors that are a bit cheaper. The alien will easily run a tfv8 cloud beast with a much larger tank. 5 or 6ml

4f19d191c3efa2f79957e585c4d139dc.jpg

1d2c8d5a03386a200f55021d48921e79.jpg

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hope it helps.
Vape on!

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1986bf4ac9d6e8cd2605d383416f9c20.jpg

They also have the wismec 2/3 on there. It's what I'm currently enjoying.
Don't know how much you want to spend.

Vankax

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They also have the wismec 2/3 on there. It's what I'm currently enjoying.
Don't know how much you want to spend.

Who is they?

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who is they?
Amazon uk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Everyone starts as a noobie. So don't worry about "stupid questions" The only stupid question, is the one you don't ask.
Something is making me a little nervous about that kit... I can't find a manufactures web site and all the sellers seem to be alibaba or ebay, and I KNOW they don't make mods. So I am thinking this is a rebrand of something else.

Now, even at 0.40 ohms, that should be enough for a new vaper. You can D2L but don't expect to win any competitions. LOL.

The smok alien and TFV8
is a good rig for clouds, and adjustable, so you can start out low and work your way up. Fog will irritate your lungs until you get used to it. It takes about a 2 hours to 1 day. Even if you smoke, vape is different.

The lower the PG% the less harshness. With that smok tank, 0, 3 or 6mg ejuice would be enough, depending on A) If you smoke and B) How much you smoke.

To be totally honest with you, you would be better off going down to your local vape shop, buying your smok mod, tank and batteries and charger there. You just can't trust amazon sellers. You could be paying "half price" for a clone that you could get from fasttech for 1/4 price. And batteries.. never screw around with your batteries. Local shop will sell authentic Samsung (recommend 25Rs) LG (recommend HG2) or Sony batteries. More money but a better quality and therefore safer battery. (They will not go pop and blow a hole in your face).

For new vapers, I recommend something like a Kangertech toptank or bottomtank (same thing actually) mini. I know you can get 0.8, 0.5, and 0.3 ohm premade coils and it comes with a rebuildable mini RBA coil. (10 cents worth of wire and 1/10th of a cotton ball to build) and I think you can get some fairly decent clouds. Nothing at competition level, but still respectable. I think the 80w kit sells for $80. Canadian, so what? About 30 quid? (heh heh I know some UK money terms). That Smok rig will give a lot bigger clouds though. If you have the money, go with the higher wattage mod. It will give you more options later.

Again, lower PG and higher VG makes less of a throat hit (burning throat) and nicotine level also. Most tanks work well with 3 to 6mg or 0 if you don't smoke now.

I recommend staying clear of ebay and amazon. God knows what you will actually get. Fasttech is cheaper anyway, and they do sell authentic mods (and clones), but they are honest and if they say "authentic" it IS authentic.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
by the way, the Samsung 25Rs have a slightly shorter run time than the LGHG2s, but they run cooler. Cooler = safer. BOTH are safe, but the 25Rs heat to 100C 7 seconds slower. 7 seconds is a lot when you have a heating battery in your pants next to your janglies. LOL Regulated mods are not usually a problem, but I have seen ONE where the batteries shorted and vented. The person was not injured because he was using the recommended batteries. (25Rs if i remember correctly). Again, the HG2 run longer but the Samsung are just a little bit safer. Either way, both are top rated batteries.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You can also search him on youtube.

7af93943664e58e4e415aa4c20bf0fa2.jpg

Avoid mech (mechanical) mods. They are not safe and are an advanced user mod.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to second the Alien/TFV8 kit. I currently am using that tank myself on a daily basis. I used the stock coils it came with and they will chuck some serious clouds, and have some good flavor to go with them. I am now using the rba deck with the included fused claptons on a dual battery mech mod and the flavor and vapor off of them is also amazing. I don't think you can go wrong with that kit.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Argie3

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pay a bit extra and get a decent kit with versatility in coils. The alien & baby beast kit would be a perfect choise...
Variety of coils for the tank and a powerful mod to which you can fit any other tank you might purchase next....

VU Sponsors