Become a Patron!

Stupid things we catch ourselves doing that are vape related.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
So ok, i actually just did this and thought it might make an entertaining thread.

I just tried to vape on the cat's LED pointer toy. You know, press a button, red dot shines, cat goes ape-shit chasing it along the floor, walls, up the curtains...

So I pick up the cat toy, and shook it to rattle it to get the cat to come.. Apparently he is sleeping in the closet or something, so I just holding the toy and fidgeting with it while watching tv.. then it happened...
I put the light end in my mouth and pressed the button.. I first noticed this because I did not get any vapor production...

So.. what have you all done and felt stupid for afterward? Vape related.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get distracted while dripping and forget to put the cap back on. Wowser. Lol

And I'll drop this one on us all to be mindful. Went to see fireworks last night and came home with a 20700 in the charger plugged in. I completely forgot and could've been a disaster. No matter how long youve been vaping. Just be mindful. It could happen to anyone. But back to the funny stuff this thread was ment for.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Get distracted while dripping and forget to put the cap back on. Wowser. Lol

And I'll drop this one on us all to be mindful. Went to see fireworks last night and came home with a 20700 in the charger plugged in. I completely forgot and could've been a disaster. No matter how long youve been vaping. Just be mindful. It could happen to anyone. But back to the funny stuff this thread was ment for.
One, of many reasons I no longer drip! Alien coil patterns burned on to your lips is not as attractive as the coils themselves!

The Wire Spider

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I got really bored waiting for service at the phone company the other day - and absentmindedly whipped my vape out and took a big old draw :giggle:

Was halfway into the inhale before I realized what I was doing :facepalm:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Realy loving the vape i had going on handed it to my 12 year old son saying you gotta try this shit. Lol. Obviously i realized he wasn't my wife and never let him have it. Still waiting on a text from my x wife over that one.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I got really bored waiting for service at the phone company the other day - and absentmindedly whipped my vape out and took a big old draw :giggle:

Was halfway into the inhale before I realized what I was doing :facepalm:
I did that at the movie theater while watching dumbo. Lol. OOPS,
Except i didn't think twice about it for 5 min until a 7 year old smiled and pointed at it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Realy loving the vape i had going on handed it to my 12 year old son saying you gotta try this shit. Lol. Obviously i realized he wasn't my wife and never let him have it. Still waiting on a text from my x wife over that one.
I did that at the movie theater while watching dumbo. Lol. OOPS,
Except i didn't think twice about it for 5 min until a 7 year old smiled and pointed at it.

Hmmm - fueling the underage vaping epidemic :teehee:

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So, when I'm sitting (in the car, on the couch, etc.) I sit my vape rig between my legs. Almost always. In the rare circumstance that I don't have my vape rig there, I've been known to sit my favorite beverages there. So, the tv is on, and I'm in to it. I grab my beverage put it to my lips, and....

Now, you're thinking the obvious...I attempt to take a draw off of my drink...right? No! I'm dumber than that! I actually search for the fire button on my damn Pepsi, and when I can't find it, I get pissed off! So, I look down at my hand, and would you believe it still takes me a second to come to the realization that it's a drink and NOT my vape?! Sheesh! Now if this would have happened once...eh...no biggie! But I do it every damned time I have a drink instead of my vape! Wow....

The Wire Spider

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So, when I'm sitting (in the car, on the couch, etc.) I sit my vape rig between my legs. Almost always. In the rare circumstance that I don't have my vape rig there, I've been known to sit my favorite beverages there. So, the tv is on, and I'm in to it. I grab my beverage put it to my lips, and....

Now, you're thinking the obvious...I attempt to take a draw off of my drink...right? No! I'm dumber than that! I actually search for the fire button on my damn Pepsi, and when I can't find it, I get pissed off! So, I look down at my hand, and would you believe it still takes me a second to come to the realization that it's a drink and NOT my vape?! Sheesh! Now if this would have happened once...eh...no biggie! But I do it every damned time I have a drink instead of my vape! Wow....

The Wire Spider

That’s funny. Let’s just hope Pepsi doesn’t decide to get involved in vaping. You’d be doubly screwed. Lol Sorry, couldn’t resist.

This is a super funny one but I found on the dreamer mech tube if you take the atty off , remove switch , and take out battery but leave hybrid cap on. You can bottom where the switch threads on to and create a whistle sound out of the hybrid cap.
Now that I figure this out I do it sometimes not meaning to and end up annoying the dogs.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure I look kind of dumb checking for leaks. I have an rta that never leaks, only sometimes right after filling. It'll slowly dribble into the air inlets at the bottom then spill out until I blow back through it. If it's at night with the tv on, the lights are low and rather than disturb everyone I use the light from the tv to spot through the airflow holes. Holding the mod up and turning it making sure I can see through all 3 air holes. If not I know it's got a few drops of juice in it and I need to catch it before it leaks.

The other dumb thing is purging back through the rta with a paper towel cupping the bottom to catch the excess and wipe the tank off. Usually I've already taken 2-3 hits off it when I realize it's beginning to dribble. Wrap the paper towel, blow - and forget to use the paper towel to shield around the tank itself. Know what happens when you forcefully blow into a towel? Yep, blows that nice hot juice right back into my face lmao. Like shit that literally just dripped off the coil.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I do stupid things all the time, not sure if I remember them or even know if they are stupid or stupid enough lol.

Put it in my mouth to take a hit but nothing happens, thinking it's either broken (I drop it ALOT, but we get to that in a min) or its out of batteries. But fact is I didn't turn it on........fucking dumb as fuck lol. (I turn it off sometimes in case of misfire)

I drop my mod a lot, either accident or I just forget I have it on me but unsecured..... Pretty careless.

Carry about 6 batteries and realize none of them are even close to charge. Yes happen to me once..........ok I lied, more like multiple times. Had to either find a vape shop and pretend to shop (then I can ask kindly to use their charger as we get to know each other, how romantic). Or use my mobile power bank charger that was meant for my phone (thank god for USB ports and my droid phone). but if not then I have to look for a power bank station, which are like everywhere here in China (aka rent mobile chargers).......just make sure they are compatible as not all will charge vapes.

Ruining fresh cotton, this shit happens all the time for me cuz I'm dumb as fuck sometimes and even dumber when i let other take hits without counting when to refill after hits.

Vaping is cool. Yes vaping is cool and when I smoke a cig in public I alway say that I could be taking a hit cuz it's cool. But that's just stupid thinking as vaping IS COOL itself period. (well some might not think of it like that). I'm just stupid sometimes for trying to make vaping look cool, which is something not need at all period. (It's like how u have a cool car/bike and u choose to get in and out every time by doing some sort of cool pose just make it that much cooler)

Seriously there is more and the more I think about it, the more I feel stupid (especially the last one). Man I'm retarded as I still constantly still do these things lol.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm always fiddling with the doors/covers on the mod I'm using. Usually the ones held on with magnets. I'll be sliding/pulling them on and off. It's kind of compulsive. I always fiddled with my cigarette lighters too when I smoked.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still think that installing a coil - between yer fingers - and forgetting to lock the mod is maybe #1. (feels good when it stops... eventually).

Another fav is forgetting I am using the uber-fine non-magnetic tweezers, while compressing a coil or raking it. (Yes, I have ceramics and that's all I use them for - senility is moving in)

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
This was after I'd been building for a while and was just getting into squonking. I got a new rda in the mail and immediately built it, put it on my mod and filled it. At which point I quickly realized it had the bf pin in and not the solid 510. Eliquid leaked everywhere before I could get it off.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man, you must have really, really filled it - I often test my RSA's on the DNA mod - just not swimming, but wet.

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I tended to overflow rda's then. Plus part of the leakage was from me turning the mod sideways trying to unscrew the wet rda lol Time and oversquonking have taught me many lessons on the different ways a rda or rsa can leak. ;)

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oversquonking is almost trivial on most R[DS]A. That's why I look so often for top - or very high - ait intakes.

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I didn't know about overspquonking. I learned about rdas and rsas by trial and error

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
c458eb406ea3f081cc32d1e9c02f9733ec911121.gif

:D

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I do stupid things all the time, not sure if I remember them or even know if they are stupid or stupid enough lol.

Put it in my mouth to take a hit but nothing happens, thinking it's either broken (I drop it ALOT, but we get to that in a min) or its out of batteries. But fact is I didn't turn it on........fucking dumb as fuck lol. (I turn it off sometimes in case of misfire)

I drop my mod a lot, either accident or I just forget I have it on me but unsecured..... Pretty careless.

Carry about 6 batteries and realize none of them are even close to charge. Yes happen to me once..........ok I lied, more like multiple times. Had to either find a vape shop and pretend to shop (then I can ask kindly to use their charger as we get to know each other, how romantic). Or use my mobile power bank charger that was meant for my phone (thank god for USB ports and my droid phone). but if not then I have to look for a power bank station, which are like everywhere here in China (aka rent mobile chargers).......just make sure they are compatible as not all will charge vapes.

Ruining fresh cotton, this shit happens all the time for me cuz I'm dumb as fuck sometimes and even dumber when i let other take hits without counting when to refill after hits.

Vaping is cool. Yes vaping is cool and when I smoke a cig in public I alway say that I could be taking a hit cuz it's cool. But that's just stupid thinking as vaping IS COOL itself period. (well some might not think of it like that). I'm just stupid sometimes for trying to make vaping look cool, which is something not need at all period. (It's like how u have a cool car/bike and u choose to get in and out every time by doing some sort of cool pose just make it that much cooler)

Seriously there is more and the more I think about it, the more I feel stupid (especially the last one). Man I'm retarded as I still constantly still do these things lol.

OH OH OH.. you can't say that. There was a woman on planetofthevapes who, when I said vaping at stupid low resistance because some idiot did it on youtube was retarded, took great offence. "I am offended, my son is autistic!!!"
Now since my aunt was mentally challenged *formerly known as mentally retarded* I took great offence. I informed her that it was a vaping forum not a pity party for her Munchausen syndrome (seeking pity for herself for her sons affliction) and the only person referring to her son as a retard was herself. I also pointed out autism can be treated with medications where as diminished mental capability could not. And I did not do it delicately. lol and I got kicked out of the forum.. Their loss. VUs gain.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
^
lol

anorher thing i do is being a poser. in tuner car culture terms its call hard park, which is own or have a bunch of car parts u have install on your car but no used or function at all. (like have huge ass carbon wing thats meant for race cars on your ride when it doesnt even go pass a 100)

translate that to vaping terms, it means i have a bunch of useless stuff i have for my mod or just a bunch of useless stuff period for vaping.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How about this stupidity that I pull at least twice every day...unscrew the top cap off of my RTA, and sit it on the counter...unscrew the lid off of my juice bottle and sit it on the counter...fill tank on said RTA with said juice bottle...sit juice bottle on the counter...pick up juice bottle cap and attempt to screw it onto the top of said RTA...then get pissed when it won't screw on! Right?! Even the dogs look at me like I'm stupid for this one!

The Wire Spider

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about this stupidity that I pull at least twice every day...unscrew the top cap off of my RTA, and sit it on the counter...unscrew the lid off of my juice bottle and sit it on the counter...fill tank on said RTA with said juice bottle...sit juice bottle on the counter...pick up juice bottle cap and attempt to screw it onto the top of said RTA...then get pissed when it won't screw on! Right?! Even the dogs look at me like I'm stupid for this one!

The Wire Spider
HAH! Love those Senior Moments.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
HAH! Love those Senior Moments.
I know, right PoppaVic?! But the worst part is looking at it, realizing what you're actually doing, but being pissed because the juice cap won't go on to the RTA!

The Wire Spider

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know, right PoppaVic?! But the worst part is looking at it, realizing what you're actually doing, but being pissed because the juice cap won't go on to the RTA!

The Wire Spider
"Wtf is Wrong With This.. Picture... offs..." /facepalm

sr20vet

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I was watching coil building videos earlier today. Went to hit my vape and nothing. Turned out to be the TV remote. Did it twice in less than 5 minutes. It was then I realized I needed to swap hands between my vape and remote.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was watching coil building videos earlier today. Went to hit my vape and nothing. Turned out to be the TV remote. Did it twice in less than 5 minutes. It was then I realized I needed to swap hands between my vape and remote.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
You need one of those universal remotes with a vape built in.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I had a magnet pop loose on the battery door of an Holm Wrecker mod once.

it flipped over upside down really fast and landed right back in the hole:wait:

So then the door wouldn't stay on because the polarity got reversed on the magnets.:gaah:

I had to dremel the entire magnet off of that corner of the battery door to get it to stay on.:facepalm:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I had a magnet pop loose on the battery door of an Holm Wrecker mod once.

it flipped over upside down really fast and landed right back in the hole:wait:

So then the door wouldn't stay on because the polarity got reversed on the magnets.:gaah:

I had to dremel the entire magnet off of that corner of the battery door to get it to stay on.:facepalm:

could have glued a dowl to it and pulled it right out.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
it called "not paying attention".

btw, how did you get so many posts ? in the contest room ?

Yes probably, they’re one or two words, but it adds up. It’s like the only game that I’m good at!

Unless someone is spamming in my name...lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors